Page 1 of 881 1 2 3 11 51 101 501 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 17606

Thread: Who Loves Orks?

  1. #1
    Banned Orbital's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Posts
    5,151

    Who Loves Orks?

    I've heard people say they hate Space Marines. I've heard people say they hate Eldar. I've heard people say they hate Tau. I've heard people say they hate Chaos. I've heard people say they hate Guard.

    Have you ever heard of anyone who doesn't like Orks?

    Even with their codex currently in disrepair, they've got the coolest rules. The "best" rules? I dunno... but definitely the coolest. From Grot Bombs to the Ork Bike Cover Save from smoke to Waaaugh rules to 20 crazy Orks hanging off a Battle Wagon... the whole army is the very definition of cool.

    In this thread I'm inviting you to talk about why you love Orks... what you love about them... all the good stuff. Show a picture of a great Ork paintjob, share a great list, tell a story... I don't care. Just celebrate the Ork.

    What I'd like to ask you NOT to do is complain about GW doing this or that wrong... about why the Ork army is screwed because of whatever... or why you don't like Orks... this is a feelgood thread, mmkay?

    So. Celebrate the Ork. One, two, three... GO!

  2. #2
    Scout
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Paradise, Canada Rank: I are Serious Cat! Chaplain: Astrum Lux Lucis starlight - it's for girls!
    Posts
    18,179

    Re: Who Loves Orks?

    Memememememememememe pick me!

    I's luvin' da Orkes.

    My first army, my biggest army and the army I have more versions of than anything.

    One day I'll get a camera and post some pics of Orky goodness. I've been running pretty much the same list since the beginning and even when I get my butt handed to me, its still a blast.
    If you love a Redhead, set Her free...if She follows you everywhere, pitches a tent in your front lawn and your new girlfriend disappears, you belong to Her, get used to it .

    What you say about other people, says far more about *you* than it does about *other people*.


    Check out my ravings at Geek-O-Rama, where I'm now reviewing and covering Geek-related activities. If you see me at a 'Con, come and say Hi.

    RIP Jon Wilson/Brimstone. 1967-2009. Memorial for Jon Wilson/Brimstone

  3. #3
    Banned Orbital's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Posts
    5,151

    Re: Who Loves Orks?

    Hey, does anyone have that picture of the guy who did his Ork Kommandos doing things like hiding in tires and carrying a full-size painting of a Space Marine as camoflauge? That was awesome.

  4. #4
    Scout
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Paradise, Canada Rank: I are Serious Cat! Chaplain: Astrum Lux Lucis starlight - it's for girls!
    Posts
    18,179

    Re: Who Loves Orks?

    Never seen *that*, but now I'm looking forward to it.
    If you love a Redhead, set Her free...if She follows you everywhere, pitches a tent in your front lawn and your new girlfriend disappears, you belong to Her, get used to it .

    What you say about other people, says far more about *you* than it does about *other people*.


    Check out my ravings at Geek-O-Rama, where I'm now reviewing and covering Geek-related activities. If you see me at a 'Con, come and say Hi.

    RIP Jon Wilson/Brimstone. 1967-2009. Memorial for Jon Wilson/Brimstone

  5. #5

    Re: Who Loves Orks?

    I like Orks because they are the only ones in the 40k universe who are having fun. I also love their fluff in the way that they're crazy space-fungi.

    Currently I play Gaurd and Tau, I've thought about starting an Ork army, but I decided to wait for the new codex. I'm itching to buy and paint some orks, but I'll just wait and see what the new codex brings.

    I also like the way orks speak. Ork-speak iz da best.

  6. #6
    Chaplain justFIGHT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Cairo, Egypt
    Posts
    245

    Re: Who Loves Orks?

    orks are awesome.

    i love em!

    i never lose (psst, here is a secret: orks dont lose...ever)

    WAAAGH!!!
    Bigger? Better? just fight.

    WAAAGH KUBZ!!!:skull:

    \m/ Metalheads of Warseer \m/

  7. #7
    Librarian HPD_Andy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Wasilla, Alaska
    Posts
    410

    Re: Who Loves Orks?

    If you win..its because you da orks! If you lose...well...its because you da orks...

    Win, lose or drawyour just there to fight.

  8. #8
    Commander Toppan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Katy, Texas
    Posts
    581

    Re: Who Loves Orks?

    i love orks
    why?
    atmosphere
    story
    character
    models
    rules
    not so much stats
    i think theyre the best army of all the armies out there...and i dont think ill ever quit them...maybe for IG when i become a millionaire
    oh and did i also mention you can die and lose and get massacred but still have tons of fun...especially when a certain wyrdboy never hits with his gork'll get em...EVER

  9. #9

    Re: Who Loves Orks?

    Quote Originally Posted by HPD_Andy
    If you win..its because you da orks! If you lose...well...its because you da orks...

    Win, lose or drawyour just there to fight.
    But da Orks never lose. 'Cause then they just come back and it don't count.

    I'm always tempted to start an Ork army but I'm trying to hold off until the new 'dex. They always looked fun to play and the conversion possibilities for their motorpools would have me at the drawing/cutting board for days.

  10. #10
    Chapter Master Kasrkin 666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,365

    Re: Who Loves Orks?

    /\Same here.My friend hates them though!
    -666

  11. #11
    Chapter Master Da Reddaneks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    With Gork (or was it Mork, I forget which)
    Posts
    3,354

    Re: Who Loves Orks?

    oh i know orbital made this thread with me in mind.

    orks is the best because we have the coolest fluff and the coolest attitude. Orks players are in my opinion usually the type of guys who play the game for the right reason. Ork players usually dont get uptight about losing the game or some error in the rules. and because we are so out of date as far as rules and models go ork players are usually veteran player who will put up a good fight despite having an ... well nevermind orbital said not to get into that.

    Really its the fluff. i suggest that everyone go to wikipedia and read the write up on orks. its awsome. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ork_%28...er_40%2C000%29

    and with what other race could i design and play an entire army based on rednecks? Beer drinking, DUI getting, confederate flag waiving, shooting up in the air, yelling at the top of their lungs, ridind around in trucks rednecks in space.


    "Hey Lads, that Nancy's got a Frog football shirt on!" (see 'Eurotrip' for reference)


    Ork driver famous last words: "I bet i can jump it! Hold my beer!"

    My army is snakebites by the way. The ones with good ork values!
    Last edited by Da Reddaneks; 23-04-2006 at 19:15.
    Quote Originally Posted by jfrazell - regarding the Necron threat View Post
    In the end it may be the Green Tide, united in a galactic Waaagh, that ends up saving the universe
    Quote Originally Posted by azimaith View Post
    I hardly consider everyone being massacred by orkz "Saving the Universe."
    WHO LOVES ORKS?

  12. #12
    Commander Toppan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Katy, Texas
    Posts
    581

    Re: Who Loves Orks?

    youre officially crazy...but yeah he has the right idea
    im kind of sad the codex is being updated...youre going to see tons of people buying orks and either never playing them, being total newbies, or dont remember the old days

    sad part is im not even going to use the new 'dex unless it contains feral rules hehe...old skool for the win

  13. #13
    Banned Orbital's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Posts
    5,151

    Re: Who Loves Orks?

    Quote Originally Posted by Da Reddaneks
    oh i know orbital made this thread with me in mind.
    Well. Aren't we precious?

  14. #14

    Re: Who Loves Orks?

    Who loves Orks?
    <-----that guy!

    To put it short, simple, and abundantly clear, they are the reason I play 40K. Period.

    A friend and I were just getting into 40K. He took the Space Marines, the mighty Blood Angels, noblest and most humble chapter of the Adeptus Astartes. He borrowed my (nicely painted) Librarian to fill in as a Space Marine Commander.
    I took the Orks, with the glorious Cardboard Dreadnought, and my old Ork Warbike.
    This was before I had acquired Codex: Orks, and the mission cards the Orks could not use were an unknown fact to me. So I drew the Assassination card, and killed his leader. The first of many.

    After a few more games, with me drawing the supposedly 'short straw' of Orks, I was sitting upon the Golden Throne, otherwise known as the toilet. It is here that I do my best thinking, and realisation dawned. I became aware that, inexplicably, I love Orks.
    I realised the value of not caring whether you win or lose. I admired the sentiment that the violence and bloodshed is the point, and that the details like 'winner' and 'loser' are largely irrelevant when what you want from a conflict comes to you either way.
    I found myself in agreement with the Orky psychology on a fundamental level. The world is there, deal with it. You have your place, and all you can do is take actions that may or may not improve or worsen things. Worrying is for idiots who don't have anything better to do.
    ENJOY YOURSELF!

    So I played Orky. Total violence, zero regard for life!
    And Gork an' Mork woz proud, and I won lotz 'cuz I woz doin' things the proper Orky way! They do things their way 'cuz it works!

    Got into the backgroun, learned about the genetic signifiers that'll lead the ladz into the life they're suited for, the multi-clan society, and everything about it. To date, they are my favourite fictional faction ever formed.

    To be Orky is to be the most secure and content creature in the world.
    And it's a helluva lotta fun


    Go the green
    The worst thing about censorship is ***** ** *********!
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyHarborc
    IMHO, wargaming is a social event NOT a "get even with the world" event.
    I have no words. I burned my dictionary and I have no words.

  15. #15

    Re: Who Loves Orks?

    Quote Originally Posted by Orbital
    I've heard people say they hate Space Marines. I've heard people say they hate Eldar. I've heard people say they hate Tau. I've heard people say they hate Chaos. I've heard people say they hate Guard.

    Have you ever heard of anyone who doesn't like Orks?

    Even with their codex currently in disrepair, they've got the coolest rules. The "best" rules? I dunno... but definitely the coolest. From Grot Bombs to the Ork Bike Cover Save from smoke to Waaaugh rules to 20 crazy Orks hanging off a Battle Wagon... the whole army is the very definition of cool.

    In this thread I'm inviting you to talk about why you love Orks... what you love about them... all the good stuff. Show a picture of a great Ork paintjob, share a great list, tell a story... I don't care. Just celebrate the Ork.

    What I'd like to ask you NOT to do is complain about GW doing this or that wrong... about why the Ork army is screwed because of whatever... or why you don't like Orks... this is a feelgood thread, mmkay?

    So. Celebrate the Ork. One, two, three... GO!
    I guess I will be the first to say I pretty much HATE orks they would seem like a group that would not last a year they would either kill themselfs or be killed
    Last edited by emperorattack; 23-04-2006 at 04:23.
    95th cadian armoured battlegroup under colonel loon wins:
    loses:
    < This post has a report Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  16. #16
    Banned Orbital's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Posts
    5,151

    Re: Who Loves Orks?

    Quote Originally Posted by emperorattack
    I guess I will be the first to say I pretty much HATE orks
    Well, so much for my original post. Thanks for spreading the love.

  17. #17
    Marine
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    On a boat. In a very cold place.
    Posts
    15

    Re: Who Loves Orks?

    <puts emperorattack on *the list*>


  18. #18
    Banned Darkseer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Hertfordshire, UK
    Posts
    4,102

    Re: Who Loves Orks?

    Ever since playing Dawn of War, I love the Orks.
    Wild, whacky and cunningly brutal.

  19. #19
    Chapter Master neXus6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Over The Wall!
    Posts
    5,302

    Re: Who Loves Orks?

    I've wanted to play Orks since 3rd ed was released I just got distracted by Imperial Guard first.
    I've played Greenskins for 12 years in fantasy I think it's about time I started them for 40k.
    Nemo me impune lacessit
    Wha daur meddle wi' me?

  20. #20
    Commander acme2468's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Louisville KY area
    Posts
    886

    The only proper way to reply to this thread

    WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGHHH!!!!!!
    I Don't Just Play Orks, I Am One
    Quote Originally Posted by tkdarktrooper View Post
    Acme truly is an Ork Warboss [the bigger the badder].
    Quote Originally Posted by Da Reddaneks View Post
    ".... that guy is a real ork. I've never seen anyone that big and loud having that much fun in a game of 40k." Then a couple guys chimed in with "oh yeah, I remember that guy, yeah, he reminded me of an ork that day." etc.

Page 1 of 881 1 2 3 11 51 101 501 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Foot slogging Orks + Speedy Nids = Lots of dead Orks
    By cailus in forum Games Workshop General Discussion
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 13-04-2008, 15:35
  2. Girly loves Squigs...
    By TheSaint in forum Modelling, Painting and Terrain General Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 28-07-2007, 18:55
  3. What should the new orks be like?
    By Lite in forum Games Workshop General Discussion
    Replies: 151
    Last Post: 04-12-2006, 19:58
  4. 1850 Goffs! orks orks orks
    By Wreckage in forum 40K Tactics
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 28-08-2006, 04:00

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •