Page 2 of 881 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 502 ... LastLast

Thread: Who Loves Orks?

Re: The only proper way to reply to this thread

Quote Originally Posted by acme2468
    WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGHHH!!!!!!
    I should have expected that.

Re: Who Loves Orks?

This is "that" classic Ork Kommando pic by an unknown Ork lova.
    I bet playing this guy would be great!!
    I hope to have Orks this cleva one day :-)

WAAAAAAAGGGGGH!! Bugbait out.
    * Apocalypse Ork Plog * * Terrain building log * * Bugbaits Thunder Wolves *
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and enthusiasm

Oh, man! I LOVE those! Thanks for posting them!

(p.s. Though the Space Marine Camo is my favorite, I like the first guy on the left, bottom row... as if to say "Nobody here but us tires!")

Those are absolute genius. Exactly what orks should be like.
    Must fight urge to steal the ideas wholesale!

Man those models explain everything I love about orks- fun, cool models- the touch of madness about them and the way they just love a good scrap. And I'm not an ork player! I'd love to play against them and it's a trong possibility after the revised eldae codex comes out Imight join the green tide. But if you can't join 'em fight 'em -it's just as much fun.

Scout
    Paradise, Canada Rank: I are Serious Cat! Chaplain: Astrum Lux Lucis starlight - it's for girls!

Oh man, those are *SO* cool. I've seen similar, but never that Marine one.

<saves file for blatant plagarism in da fines' Blood Axe tradishuns>
    If you love a Redhead, set Her free...if She follows you everywhere, pitches a tent in your front lawn and your new girlfriend disappears, you belong to Her, get used to it .

What you say about other people, says far more about *you* than it does about *other people*.

Check out my ravings at Geek-O-Rama, where I'm now reviewing and covering Geek-related activities. If you see me at a 'Con, come and say Hi.

RIP Jon Wilson/Brimstone. 1967-2009. Memorial for Jon Wilson/Brimstone

I'm in your washing machine, soaking my harbl

I'm certainly "borrowing" the space marine picture idea when I convert some Kommandoz

I love all things Orky. They have the best attitude. This says it all, really:
    "The Orks are the pinnacle of creation. For them, the great struggle is won. They have evolved a society which knows no stress or angst. Who are we to judge them? We Eldar who have failed, or the Humans, on the road to ruin in their turn. And why? Because we sought answers to questions that an Ork wouldn’t even bother to ask. We see a culture that is strong and despise it as crude."

Ulthan the Perverse
    I also love them for all the conversion possibilities (or should I say - necessities ). Speaking of which, check out my Ork Motor Pool thread. [/shameless plug]

Scout
    Paradise, Canada Rank: I are Serious Cat! Chaplain: Astrum Lux Lucis starlight - it's for girls!

Been following that thread with great interest.
    If you love a Redhead, set Her free...if She follows you everywhere, pitches a tent in your front lawn and your new girlfriend disappears, you belong to Her, get used to it .

What you say about other people, says far more about *you* than it does about *other people*.

Check out my ravings at Geek-O-Rama, where I'm now reviewing and covering Geek-related activities. If you see me at a 'Con, come and say Hi.

RIP Jon Wilson/Brimstone. 1967-2009. Memorial for Jon Wilson/Brimstone

Chapter Master Morathi's Darkest Sin's Avatar

I love those Kommandos, awesome.. I can just see the Guard now.. 'Oh by the saints whats that coming out of the fog.. weapons ready' 'oh, its okay boys it's only a space Marine, he must be lost?'

Orks are in my top five without doubt, I wouldn't like to have to actually define which goes where, but Orks where one of the first armies I ever had and they are brilliant. It was that humour and madness that came with them that dragged me into 40K so deeply, the first 40K box I ever brought was the old Space Orks box with those maggot shaped over the shoulder Plasma Cannons. Ah the memories.

I am pretty sure when the new codex for them arrives, they will be two Ork armies in my house, as my wife already has a small Blood Axes force and plans to go nutz once the vehicle kits are done.
    -------------------
    Two White Horses - Denver Broncos and Ipswich Town fan

Roll on the new Orky Codex!

Is there a release date? Or rumoured date?

I'm not gonna go into a long winded post over just how ace the orks are. Well not just yet. I have a 3000 word essay to write for uni tomorrow, so i shouldnt really be here...

In the mean time, i'm just gonna bask in the glowingly warm warming glow that is the brilliance of all things orky.

Needless to say: waaagh.
    Who Loves Orks? Making The World Greener Since 2006

I havent actully aprat from my frined say theyre anoying and theyre funny when his opponents nob dropped his choppa (his arm with choppa in fell off) other than that no... i think orks are the most fun army in 40k

Warghhhhhhhhhhhhh!
    Go on, prove me wrong. Destroy the fabric of the universe. See if I care.

My Eldar Project Log

The Warseer Discworld Society

Orks were my first army, which I played from 1987 to 2001 - which gave rise to a worrying game where my miniatures were older than some of the players. If the range gets redone in a more coherent fashion, I may yet return to them.

They represent one of GW's greatest imaginative achievements - a staple of fantasy brilliantly reinvented for SF. They took a 2D stereotype and gave it depth, without falling into the trap of 'humanising' the Orks. Instead, Orky psychology was rationalised and explained without diluting their brutally alien nature.

It's funny, someone else wrote a D&D-type game ("Orcworld") which took the 'novel' step of making Orcs its lead heroes. They were lauded as wonderful innovators for giving Orcs personality and depth, when all they'd done was turn them into humans with masks on. GW created a unique culture with equal depth, explaining why Orks were different without making them more human. But because they're GW, the snobs of the gaming world took no notice. Go figure.
    Last edited by setekhite; 23-04-2006 at 11:20.

Orks are a great deal of fun to play, the new models are excellent, and there are loads of conversion opportunities.

Part of the reason I like Orks is because, at least locally, the nicest and most fun people play Orks.

My own Ork army is awaiting the appearance of the new Codex, rumored to be out sometime next year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Irbian View Post
    All the important problems from life can be solved with a saw and glue.

I like orks because Gdubya screwed up there rules so bad that they are an easy victory for my all nurgling chaos army. thats why I like orks...

Quote Originally Posted by 5deadly
    I like orks because Gdubya screwed up there rules so bad that they are an easy victory for my all nurgling chaos army. thats why I like orks...
    In that case your opponent doesnt know his orks very well. Your nurglings come nearer to my army and say that and there'd be a great nurgling shaped smeer in your deployment zone by the end of turn 4 and a large number of skarboyz with burnas starting a bonfire...
    Who Loves Orks? Making The World Greener Since 2006

For me it's 1 player who makes the Orks even better than they normally are.

Dakari-Mane

He sings, he dances, he shouts Orky things. The guy is just very Orky in general and makes the army an absolute delight to play against. The only problem is that often you're laughing so much, your tactics go out the window.

I do indeed love the orks.

Its not possible not too.

Da reddaneks - where did you get the bud bottles from? - post more pics or the army.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaos and Evil View Post
    There's a game system for collecting an entire Chapter of Space Marines in... it's called Inquisitor!

For once I'm impressed with Wikipedia:

"These Waaaghs are a cross between holy crusade and pub crawl, with a bit of genocide thrown in for good measure."

Quote Originally Posted by 5deadly
    They sure did!
    My Stormboyz can't explode anymore, my buggies can't ram people to death, my trucks carry an arbitrary number of Orks rather than "however many can fit on, that don't fall off during the movement phase", I can't use forcefields as an offensive weapon anymore, I can't teleport snotlings into a Terminator (euwwww, squishy!) nor can I ricochet a rocket-propelled swinging ball&chain through a squad of Beekees (or more likely my own ladz), my Dreddies never go haywire and attack the rest of the Ladz, and my guns merely overheat rather than explode!

If I'm not responsible for half my own casualties, I'm a very grouchy Goff
    The worst thing about censorship is ***** ** *********!
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyHarborc
    IMHO, wargaming is a social event NOT a "get even with the world" event.
    I have no words. I burned my dictionary and I have no words.

Page 2 of 881 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 502 ... LastLast