View Poll Results: Do you want GW to make their hobby articles available again?

Voters
260. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, make them available.

237 91.15%
  • No, they're dated and they should have been taken down.

15 5.77%
  • No opinion on the matter.

8 3.08%

Thread: Petition - Bring Back Hobby Articles

Threaded View

Re: Petition - Bring Back Hobby Articles

I got a letter from Mark Wells today:

"Thank you for your letter regarding the removal of Hobby articles from the Games Workshop website. I'm sorry to hear you will miss them, so I thought I should explain why this happened.

As you might imagine, every now and again we need to prune what we have on the website. The decision to remove a page is normally prompted when the number of visits drops below a de minimis amount or when the page contains references to products that are no longer available. It's certainly not a decision that was intended to cause inconvenience for our hobbyists, indeed most of our time is spent on creating new Hobby material rather than removing it.

As you mention yourself, this is what we are doing with the Hobby tips each month in White Dwarf, in our daily 'What's New Today' blog on the website, or in one of the 'How to Paint...' series of books. Over the last few months we have been investing in more people in the Design Studio and White Dwarf teams to ensure we can have great hobby articles to support the amount of product we plan to release each month.

So while I can understand your disappointment at losing some of our older web articles I hope that over time we will have plenty more new articles for you to use for your Hobby projects.

In the meantime, good luck with those Dark Elves!

Yours sincerely,

Mark Wells"
    Last edited by Druchii Monkey; 29-02-2012 at 19:07.