Laying out the basics for an event cards deck to use with the basic 12 missions from Space Hulk 3ed. We're using the Strange Eons application to do it.
So far, the plan is to make a 63 card deck.
The construction is as follows.
24 general use cards. These cards will have general effects that can be applied to any mission, such as extra blips, access to the broodlord, door jamming, hull breaches, genestealer variants, extra ammo etc.
36 mission specific cards (3 per mission) These cards have the title Complication on them, and modify the victory conditions for each mission.
3 chapter specific cards. These cards will be relevant only when using Blood Angels. This is important to our deck construction as we have Deathwing, Grey Knights and Space Wolves missions written up in our gaming group and will likely be expanding on the deck.
You shuffle the 3 cards used for the mission you are playing with the general use & chapter specific cards. Each turn, prior to the Genestealer reinforcement phase, you turn over one event card and apply the effects. The idea is to inject a little more random excitement in to the missions.
1) Would you be interested in having access to the deck once it is completed?
2) Do you have any ideas for cards for any of the three decks? Please keep ideas confined to a) general use with Genestealers and Terminators b) chapter specific cards relevant to the Blood Angels c) complications relevant to one of the 12 missions.
We have complications written up for Suicide Mission to give you an idea.
1) The heavy flamer must now be used on both rooms on the map.
2) At least two terminators must escape the board after the room(s) are destroyed.
3) The Genestealer player may win by getting 3 models off the board via the SM entry area.
Random Events so far include
2) +1 Blip this turn
3) Add one blip to every entry point
4) Extra ammo (+1CP)
5) Spooked (all overwatch models must roll two dice. A double = a jam)
6) Vent (Add a Genestealer entry point on a wall at least 10 squares away from any Terminator.)
7) 2 Armoured genestealers (no sustained fire bonus against these models)
8) 1 Leader genestealers (+1 AP to any genestealer starting movement within 3 squares of a leader)
These are very early ideas. Some won't make it in. Give me your ideas and feedback. This is being worked on by one of my group, so he'd appreciate the help.