Thread: A kickstarter for a remade original original Fallout?

A kickstarter for a remade original original Fallout?

Given the recent massive kickstarter success for Double fine's adventure game kickstarter which made over $1million in a single day there are a couple of others that have appeared and look very interesting.

Firstly the creator of Wasteland the original post apocalyptic RPG game has launched a kickstarter of his own to try and financeWasteland 2. Brian Fargo is in many ways the father of Fallout (he also headed Interplay when Fallout 1 and 2 were developed) so hopefully if this comes of it will be a game to watch.

The other one that caught my eye was a suggestion from Obsidian (who's core staff essentially made such greats as Fallout and Planescape torment) that they would be interested in a kickstater for an 'old school isometric RPG'. Planescape torment 2 anyone ?
    Is your gaming club in Gosport or Portsmouth looking for an experienced new member with an interest in historicals but willing to play pretty much anything? If so drop me a PM.

Xenonauts the real successor to X-COM.

Death Guard Plog

Re: A kickstarter for a remade original original Fallout?

I know I'll upset someone for saying this, but I'd love to see a remake of Fallout, done in FPS style ala FO3/NV. I love the background, setting and story but I hate the point and click games.

Quote Originally Posted by emperorpenguin View Post
    I know I'll upset someone for saying this, but I'd love to see a remake of Fallout, done in FPS style ala FO3/NV. I love the background, setting and story but I hate the point and click games.
    if they remake fallout 1 or 2 in the FO3 style i would be on that like flies around ****.
    im not a fan of point and click, due to it being old in way games are played now but if i had ot play like that then i have to.

I'm affraid that we might become too flooded with cool kickstarter ideas. Might hurt the initiative more then it solves.
    Bretonnians ARE NOT a pure Knightly army.
    Half the army choices consist out of Peasants and Damsels.
    'Pride cometh before a choppa in the face'

Kickstarters are limited in that they require a well respected and known name or brand to work, they will never take over the role of traditional publishers. Given that the Double Fine kickstarter has now approached (and may even have exceeded) $2 million it will at least give the message to publishers that a constant turnover of AAA sequels is not the only way to make money.

Something certainly needs to be done to shake up the industry and I think that this is a good start but it is not enough. Some games are also being at least part funded purely by preorders, Xenonauts for example; I think that this model will work better overall as it can combine the two approaches and allow publishers to fund more 'risky' games with more security.
    Is your gaming club in Gosport or Portsmouth looking for an experienced new member with an interest in historicals but willing to play pretty much anything? If so drop me a PM.

Xenonauts the real successor to X-COM.

Death Guard Plog

Quote Originally Posted by Ozorik View Post
    The other one that caught my eye was a suggestion from Obsidian (who's core staff essentially made such greats as Fallout and Planescape torment) that they would be interested in a kickstater for an 'old school isometric RPG'. Planescape torment 2 anyone ?
    I would cry with joy. Seriously people. I was going to tattoo the rune of torment on my shoulder, it's that much of a love for me. I LOVE that game.
    Plog of Jericho - Wood Elves, Daemons, Beastmen, CSM and Whatnot.

MD: You got a christmas gift?
    House: Yeah, 'cause I worship Santa. Or wait, is that Satan? I always get them mixed up.