Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Order Delays?

Order Delays?

I ordered a Vampire Countess from AoW almost a month ago, and haven't received it yet.

I know I'm dealing with a small specialty sculpting shop *and* international shipping, so I'd like to ask if delays like that are common with popular items.

I ask because the post office has recently screwed over my roommate and I through incompetence (by not delivering our utilities payment), and want to know if it just hasn't gotten to me yet, or if that particular miniature's never going to get to me.
    All things wash away, but blood stained the sun red today. -- Metallica, "Ronnie"

My Blood Angels, Grey Knights, and Dark Eldar.

New WHFB project. And new 40k project.

Re: Order Delays?

That's too bad. I wouldn't be surprised if they were just really busy with their new war-cast stuff (not that this is an excuse for failing to ship out an order).

Here's what their website has to say about delivery times:

Delivery times

Delivery time depends a lot on your delivery area. It is possible that takes less time, but usually two weeks after payment of your order is a good estimate. Feel free to contact us
    Email: info@avatars-of-war.com
    Phone number: (+34) 933 850 326
    if you have any questions regarding your order. We reply very quickly any emails related to orders, but we've noticed that sometimes the emails are lost in the "spam folder". Please, if you do not get a quick answer to your email, look in your "spam folder" to make sure that our reply is not there.
    The underlining is mine. I bet that if you shoot out an email you'll get a polite and apologetic response from Johanna and/or Felix. They're both very helpful and I bet they'd be ashamed to know that a customer was overlooked.

If, indeed, that is the case. It could be a problem with the post office instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Herzlos View Post
    If the Catachan Arm Monster became codex legal I'd have a full army
    A little Plog (Updated September 2, 2013)

Finally got my miniature yesterday, and she is awesome.
    All things wash away, but blood stained the sun red today. -- Metallica, "Ronnie"

My Blood Angels, Grey Knights, and Dark Eldar.

New WHFB project. And new 40k project.

There is a page to calculate the delay on their website:
    http://www.avatars-of-war.com/eng/we...7&Itemid=143#X

Chapter Master forthegloryofkazadekrund's Avatar

Of the AOW forum thread, i find this quite interesting

"Currently demand for WarCast products is exceeding our production capacity of around 700 regiment boxes per month. Due to that, we are unable to create stock for WarCast products, which means that there is a shipping cue for WarCast products (orders are shipping as they are produced on a first in first out basis)."

as it shows what thier current production capability for box sets are at the moment, you could say they are easilly getting 700-1000box orders per month, for still a small company thats great and that they are now investing in bigger facilities bodes well for the future and when they bring out more box sets
    Chamber of the Everchosen Nurgle blog
    There's definitely definitely definitely no logic
    to human behaviour...... Bjork

We will launch the MeteorBlitzkreig............. ironsky

They have a warcast shipping calculator and the total boxes they have to ship so far is more than 1600. I hope that they can maintain the quality with all these orders. I'll have to wait about 2 months before I get mine (ordered Feb 16, and then travel to the US) but i'm really excited.

I would expect the order rate to reduce over the next couple of months since a lot of the backlog here is preorders, however, yes it is still great for the company to be selling so much! It bodes well for the future of Warcast models and units.

Minor Threadmancy.

By now, everyone who has ordered a Warcast product knows that there was a delay in getting them out the door.
    I was one of the many who placed a pre-order. I knew it was supposed to ship either tomorrow or the next day, but I couldn't remember exactly, so I popped over to the shipping calculator on AoW's website. I selected my pre-order date and hit 'check' and it gave me the following text back.

As you paid your pre-order on Wednesday 08 February, there are 1096 boxes in front of you in the shipping cue. At our current production rate your WarCast order is expected to ship on Sunday 03 June.
    Sunday 03 June. That is 2 months from now.

So I checked to see when the preorders placed on January 27 would ship.

Friday 20 April.
    ... sooo... yeah. I just thought I'd let everyone know.
    Last edited by Scaryscarymushroom; 03-04-2012 at 22:02.

Chapter Master forthegloryofkazadekrund's Avatar

Wow they really really underestimated the popularity of this set of box sets, i know they are getting a new machine but looks like they need another after that. So it looke like the next box sets will be 3+ months down the line at this rate.
    Chamber of the Everchosen Nurgle blog
    There's definitely definitely definitely no logic
    to human behaviour...... Bjork

We will launch the MeteorBlitzkreig............. ironsky

What? The calculator has changed from just last week! I also ordered on Feb 8th and I've been checking, the predicted shipping date was this friday. I wonder if its actually been pushed back that far or if there is an error in the calculator.... They're meant to be able to make 700 per month, but it sounds like that isn't being met.

I wonder if any have actually been shipped yet.

Also, Felix said on the AoW forum that they have ordered more equipment to be able to make more per month, however, between setting it up and training someone to use it, it will be a few months before it is in place. It does mean that production should increase at some point though.

And yes, further Warcast kits that were due to come out soon have been delayed due to the high demand for this kit. I believe the next scheduled kit is for "Nurgle" (disease and decay) warriors.

Wow.. it's june for me too.
    The filth of their visage is nothing compared to the filth in their hearts -
    BasetheRuins 2nd Ed Black Legion

Drat, really? So I have to wait months to get their next kit and it is just going to be some more boring chaos warrior types.
    Quote Originally Posted by strewart View Post
    And yes, further Warcast kits that were due to come out soon have been delayed due to the high demand for this kit. I believe the next scheduled kit is for "Nurgle" (disease and decay) warriors.
    In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only British.
    Actual (alleged) girl. Alpha Female.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jes Goodwin
    They breed more anyway, its a pretty rough place, Commoragh, there's a lot of it going off.

Works for me, my Tamurkhan horde would welcome some themed Chosen

I was hoping they would be the Slaaneshi type ones, as my Slaanesh army is currently without Core Troops! Still, I will definitely buy the Nurgle ones, I'm so happy we are getting all this WOC love from Avatars of War and a new Book from GW later this year. Good times to be a player of the most badass army in Warhammer.
    Currently working on - The Blood Herd of Vorgoth (Beastmen)

Rankings - 3rd in New Zealand, Best General - Warriors of Chaos (And that's enough vanity for now....)

Currently Listening to (Keeping me sane whilst painting) - Deuce - Nine Lives

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Drat, really? So I have to wait months to get their next kit and it is just going to be some more boring chaos warrior types.
    Yep, lots of Hordes of the Apocalypse stuff. Its great if, as Rosstifer said, you are a chaos player!

Felix may have also mentioned chaos dwarfs on the AoW forum as well.

Those who ordered boxes of War-cast models on January 27 should have had their order ship on April 20, almost 3 weeks ago.

Hay anyone received their order yet?

At the very least those people should have got an email saying the product has shipped. So to be honest, I wouldn't bet on it yet sadly...

I ordered on February 6th. No confirmation whatsoever as of yet, only the payment confirmation.
    Space Wolves: Making beards and beer fashionable since M30.

Quote Originally Posted by Morkash Gorehowl View Post
    Mhh, I think the Hellcannon is quite fitting. Weak humans have crossbows, only a single shoe and cannons. Serious humans are 8 foot tall, wear hellforged plate armour and have a metal monstrosity with a bound demon inside. Did I mention it fires souls?

Same here. I ordered&payed februari 9th.
    The filth of their visage is nothing compared to the filth in their hearts -
    BasetheRuins 2nd Ed Black Legion

And I'm on February 8th.

The shipping calculator says June 03, and while February to June a long time to wait, I can be patient.

But I'm a little nervous that it's going to be delayed again because there were supposed to be 208 kits shipped out over 3 weeks ago and unless they were shipped *slowly* into the far reaching corners of the world, I would expect somebody to have excitedly posted some pictures or something.

Then again, I don't know that much about Spanish postal services.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast