Thread: Garro: Sword of Truth Art

Garro: Sword of Truth Art

The new cover for Sword of Truth is on BL blog. Looks so amazing with Varren being flanked by a White Scare and a Emperors Children.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sword-of-truth-big.jpg 
Views:	1018 
Size:	114.4 KB 
ID:	133317
    I do not fight with my brothers for the warmaster fell to the blade of chaos. those who fight in its name will fall. FOR THE WARMASTER

Rate and review the Horus Heresy Books at Horus Heresy-Review by you the fans Voice your opinion!

Battle-barge Spear of Lycaeus of the Sons of Corax 2nd Company

Re: Garro: Sword of Truth Art

One obvious conclusion that could be drawn is that Garro's Knight Errants include that White Scar and the Emperor's Children Astartes. Of course, this is also meant to Varren's "origin" story as one of Malcador's special ops team so YMMV. But yeah, this should be most, most excellent.
    My 40k/Writing/Review blog - Sons of Corax Full list of my novel, comics, and audio drama reviews - Reviews. New review on 11/8/2013 is for Death of Antagonis by David Annandale.

My current fiction projects - Dharmayoddha, an Indian-mythology inspired urban fantasy set in Mumbai, India; Hammer of Shadows - a Euro-medieval epic fantasy with knights, gladiators and ancient relics; Cloak of Secrecy - a Norse-mythology inspired space opera.

I can't help but notice that he looks like tanned, bearded Gerard Butler. Which is fitting, he's a World Eater, so a lot of shouting, flexing and kicking people in the chest is to be expected.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellebore View Post
    I've wanted to do a diorama of some space marines holding a step ladder Iwojima style whilst Marneus Calgar is on the top Punching the Forgeworld avatar in the face.

Jim made a similar comment
    My 40k/Writing/Review blog - Sons of Corax Full list of my novel, comics, and audio drama reviews - Reviews. New review on 11/8/2013 is for Death of Antagonis by David Annandale.

My current fiction projects - Dharmayoddha, an Indian-mythology inspired urban fantasy set in Mumbai, India; Hammer of Shadows - a Euro-medieval epic fantasy with knights, gladiators and ancient relics; Cloak of Secrecy - a Norse-mythology inspired space opera.

My shot in the dark... Targutai Yesugui, Masa Varren, Saul Tarvitz.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Lorne Walkier View Post
    My shot in the dark... Targutai Yesugui, Masa Varren, Saul Tarvitz.
    Highly doubtful since this is meant to be Varren's time in the spotlight and not Tarvitz's or Targutai's. Besides, why can't the others just be normal Astartes of those legions?

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by shadowhawk2008 View Post
    Highly doubtful since this is meant to be Varren's time in the spotlight and not Tarvitz's or Targutai's. Besides, why can't the others just be normal Astartes of those legions?
    I would say it is more doubtful that the other are "ensign Ricky"-marines. Besides, Varren IS in the spotlight. The others are just hang-arounds. The image clearly shows (that was tounge-in-cheek if no one got that)

Chaplain

oh, how i wish these audio dramas were in book form.

Stunning art, I notice that the bolter casings seem to match in colour each marines shoulder guard trim. Is this how GW imagine that pre\heresy wargear would be painted? Also, Garro is noted as having no markings or colouring on his armour (apart from a tiny laser etched symbol of malcador) would not the other members of his group that he collects also be require to remove their legion identities?
    Currently retired from 40k.

Quote Originally Posted by bound for glory View Post
    oh, how i wish these audio dramas were in book form.
    I imagine at some date far in the future there might be a collection of them in dead tree form or at least I hope there will be, I'm really not a fan of audio dramas. I have problem when they're released along the actual book but audio dramas only are kinda lame.
    Death is nothing compared to Vindication - Konrad Curze/Night Haunter

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMurray View Post
    Stunning art, I notice that the bolter casings seem to match in colour each marines shoulder guard trim. Is this how GW imagine that pre\heresy wargear would be painted? Also, Garro is noted as having no markings or colouring on his armour (apart from a tiny laser etched symbol of malcador) would not the other members of his group that he collects also be require to remove their legion identities?
    Black library artists aren't bound to the background or stories, The art is often printed before the stories are finished. Thats why Ferrus Mannus has a spanner for a hammer instead of the Fireblade when he is fighting Fulgrim on the cover of Fulgrim.
    I do not fight with my brothers for the warmaster fell to the blade of chaos. those who fight in its name will fall. FOR THE WARMASTER

Rate and review the Horus Heresy Books at Horus Heresy-Review by you the fans Voice your opinion!

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMurray View Post
    As I said, this is Varren's origin story with Garro's Knight Errants. The blurb makes it clear: Garro has just returned from Calth with Rubio.

We know that Varren dose join Garro and dose remove his legion colors and icons. He is in the same Armour and color that Garro wears, in Legion of one. This picture must be before he takes his Oath of moment, to accept his role in what Malcador plans. Look at the cover to Legion of one. There you see Loken, before he takes his Oath.