Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: My OOP Dwarf's

Re: My OOP Dwarf's

I love old school models. Your paint has done them justice!

Finished off the first 5, waiting for basing supplies so will leave them for the time-being.

Well its been a while and i've not done that much, hit the painters proverbial brick wall, but very slowly making progress. First off we have the wolfriders finally based !! i had real trouble getting my hands on a snow base material and ended up having to get the GW stuff which in my opinion is over priced and not that convincing but it will have to do

and heres some clos-ups

Also painted up a couple of my norse not quite finished but neally!!

The norse were my attempt to get the painting bug back, unlike with my dwarf's i've been able to make them more individual with the colour choice and also experimented with my usual flesh by adding a good glaze of purple to try and give the flesh a cooler feel, it has worked but doesn't show in the pictures.
    Last edited by dazza36; 30-04-2012 at 13:49.

So bank holiday monday got some free time to paint this little fella.

Love them even if I am collecting and painting their evil cousins!
    currently active in the Tale of Fantasy Painters!
    My plog: To the honor of Hashut

So been a while, firstly i've had to organise my photobucket albums so thats why several pictures are no longer viewable, but don't worry i've got new ones to post and i've also been reading up on how to take better photos and i'm alot happier with these than with anything i've taken before. So here we go...

The wolf riders

New stuff. Chariot

Whow, great work, love those wolves.
    currently active in the Tale of Fantasy Painters!
    My plog: To the honor of Hashut

Wow, great work on the goblins. The wolves turned out especially nice! Love the old models too, much nicer than the current wolf riders.

Your basing and dark paintjobs have really helped modernize those old goblin models. Great work.
    The (Rat)Men of (Under)Talabheim! - A Painting Log
    All Corners of the Empire II - Another Painting Log

Quote Originally Posted by dalezzz View Post
    never look at a rules thread with more than 1 page

Thanks for the comments.

Have to agree with you in regards to the wolfs, when i look at the modern GW stuff i just can't believe there from the same company admittedly with a near 30 year gap between them !!!

@Lord Dan: I've never been keen on the bright green skin for any greenskin, in my opinion they should be dark and grimy. As for the bases i'm really happy with the outcome especially on the chariot, i did the wolfrider's first and added GW snow to them but not really happy with the result, so for the chariot i spent more effort on the look of the rock in case i don't add snow. I have plenty of the cavarly bases so wouldn't be the end of the world if i went back and re-did them at a later date.

Anyway here's some picture's of my 'work in progress chariot'.

You can see from them how the base is just made up of fine filler from any D.I.Y store.

You've really got that wolf fur thing down-pat. Great stuff, but I find myself wondering...

...got Dwarfs?
    The (Rat)Men of (Under)Talabheim! - A Painting Log
    All Corners of the Empire II - Another Painting Log

Quote Originally Posted by dalezzz View Post
    never look at a rules thread with more than 1 page

Happyland, in a gumdrop house on Lollipop Lane

Yaaay! Old schoold beauties! Keep the good job!
    This is the war-ravaged world of Warhammer, and there's only WAR!... and hammers.

Cool old chariot. I have an original box with two of them:

This one together with some others are my plan for retirement
    I wish I had time for painting but I don't see it coming any soon.
    My plog: Arkanus O&G plog - Mean & green - Last foto update: April, 6th 2012 - Skarsnik

Chapter Master forthegloryofkazadekrund's Avatar

I started in 1991 and i remember so many of those models - and bought a lot too - , just seeing them again as well as in other logs brings back so many good memories when armies wernt faceless and characterless and you could have a 20 man unit where no model had the same pose, one of my favs has to be the Dwarf banner bearer with the Dragon top.

Great blog and nicely painted
    Chamber of the Everchosen Nurgle blog
    There's definitely definitely definitely no logic
    to human behaviour...... Bjork

We will launch the MeteorBlitzkreig............. ironsky

Back to Dwarf's, this time for a competition over on Bugmans Brewery. Only requirement it had to be shooty so i dug out a Mordheim warrior i had lying around.

Great collection of Dwarfs! Those classics are the best ones ever made. Your colour scheme does really lift the old models too.
    And the Goblin wolf riders must also be some of the best goblin sculpts made. Keep 'em comming sir!

I love your OOP dwarves, the paint scheme and paint work is quite brilliant.
    And yes I am jealous, more so because I sold my Dwarven Army many years ago.
    It was all metal figures, mostly Marauder Miniatures. I feel thesefigs have loads more character than the new plastics.
    I still play but only O&G.

So finished the 2nd chariot, also bought some snow spray from ModelMates. Hope you like.

Did some small damage when taking the photo's so will have to do some touching up, but i'm happy with the outcome especially with the snow much better than anything i've tried before.

Librarian

Brilliant stuff! Thats a really nice paint job! I too remember Wayne Englands Dwarfs fondly, seems a very long time ago now!

Those old school dwarfs are easily some of the best models ever made.

If the wee rumours i noticed about the dwarf range getting re-done are true, GW could do a lot worse than go back to the early nineties for ideas!!!!

Keep it up! I feel sorry for your wallet but am extremely jealous at same time!

Chapter Master Morglum Necksnapper's Avatar

Great log! I love the old dwarf miniatures and your paintjob makes them look great.
    Amazing how crisp your shields are painted and the paterns on them are nice aswell.

The goblin wolfriders and goblin wolf chariots on their snowbases look excellent.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast