Thread: Galadhrim War Horn

Galadhrim War Horn

I sincerely hope I am not being a fool here but what does the Galadhrim War Horn do? I cannot find the rules in any of the books, all I can see is the points cost for taking it under the Galadhrim Warriors entry in the Free Peoples Sourcebook.

I have looked through the main rulebook and cannot find any mention of War Horns or anything similar at all.

Any and all help is much appreciated

Brother Sergeant

Re: Galadhrim War Horn

If you have a war horn, all friendly models in your force gain +1 courage. Definitely worth it for those shaky courage tests in the dying turns! The rules are on page 5 of the Free Peoples book.

Because elves obviously need warhorns in the closing turns when their heroes are projecting C6/7 stand fast bubbles

I can see how horns would be useful for human armies, and evil ones where they have the option, but I doubt any elf player would choose view it as a worthwhile use of points
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozendorph View Post
    Oh man, that article is awesome. The writer is basically saying, "You can use these new rules to create terrible combinations that fly in the face of the background we've been developing for decades. It's a really bad idea, and I'm not sure why we're printing it. You'd best ignore it if you want to keep your friends. I am deeply sorry."

Brother Sergeant

I see your point but I was talking about the war horn option in general, not just for elf armies.

Librarian

All of the new books have horns and Steed rules. I have the K o M book and its also on page 5.
    I like it better in Wotr. Increases movement instead of courage.

Indeed I am a fool, it's quite clear there on page 5 too!

For it's cost I'm not sure it would be worth it in smaller games, although it may come in handy when my friend fields his Balrog!

Many thanks to you all.

Librarian

There are definitely some armies that would benefit from it more than others.

On the pirate ship Probatbicol. Or was it Hungary?

What I don't understand is why they took the option away from Isengard armies... That +1 courage helped me a lot of times.
    Bear Pirates Go To Hell!

Quote Originally Posted by loveless View Post
    GW has a skirmish game called The Hobbit that they charge small island ownership prices for.
    The Clockwork Bear Workshop - My general log.
    Ahoy! Pirates on the horizon! - I'm trying to build a ship. Don't really have the time now...

Hey, I'm very new at the Lord of the Rings Strategy battle game, and I have a question. What is the point value of your Galadhrim Hornblower? I'm slowly collecting the figures to form my Galadhirm army but I unfortunately don't have the rule book yet or The Free Peoples! but my army is going a long! so if you could tell me the point value of your Horn blower, that would be great! Thank!

*Thanks! Failed that one!

Quote Originally Posted by jojoemonkey View Post
    Hey, I'm very new at the Lord of the Rings Strategy battle game, and I have a question. What is the point value of your Galadhrim Hornblower? I'm slowly collecting the figures to form my Galadhirm army but I unfortunately don't have the rule book yet or The Free Peoples! but my army is going a long! so if you could tell me the point value of your Horn blower, that would be great! Thank!

a normal galadrim warrior cost 8 points standard for a warhorn is an additional 25 points which personally i find quite costly for courage 5 elves but still 1 in your force can mean the difference between running away and staying to the end which even on 2d6 only they dice can decide XD yesterday i faught urukai who had no archers ug'luk a cave troll because of comedy value and 7 berserkers and banner bearer against my force led by rumi'l 6 of his bodyguard, full elven command and 2 boxes of galadrim warriors, it was a 500p game and the warhorn saved me a lot of times! when i roll rolling 4 on 2d6 which was embarrising for me, i still won the battle by being sneaky the troll took 2 arrows before it got to me then rumils bodyguard finished him off and all characters spent there time on the left flank fighting the berserkers and banner bearer next to a mage who had furied them all, very nasty! my right side was a hold up which despite defense 3 managed to hold their own for 4 turns but after the berserkers fell my characters whittled them down no problem but the warhorn and banner helped a massive amount! on my right flank otherwise they would have fallen much sooner and i wud have been surrounded and killed, was an intense game, but as to your question even in elves 1 warhorn can make a big difference, and a banner bearer i wud suggest taking being able to use wepons both 1 and 2 handed with a reroll for the banner is nasty, im starting to find value in galadrim knights but for now im more than happy with foot soldiers, either way i hoped i helped your descision a little bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Cptkillerx01 View Post
    a normal galadrim warrior cost 8 points standard for a warhorn is an additional 25 points
    Thank you so very much! The only thing is I am getting all of my info off of this http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_...Galadhrim_Host lol thats how I am getting my point values and such and the normal Galadrim soilder cost 9 points, its from the book but it must be out of date or something could you tell me? thanks!

We can't post point values, as it violates copyright laws. But the 9 point galadhrim profile is out of date.