Page 1 of 32 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Black Templars rumours

Black Templars rumours

Updated: Jan-3-2012
    Ghost has said that BT are due out before Tau, presumably the next codex. He also said
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost21 View Post
    due to them sitting done for nearly 8 months?... n honestly sword brethren are nice
    I believe therefore that the Black Templars should have their own rumor thread rather than cluttering up the other rumor threads. I invite Ghost, as well as any others with information to share to post it here.
    First update (thank you for the advice Shabbadoo)
    And thank you ghost21 for these rumors!

kits for sword brethren n nophytes(sp) as ive said im more of a xenos guy but ill provide what i know, vows are less restrictive

i also saw things for something called knights of the inner circle (or something along those lines).. they were named each came from a successor chapter, n the guy who lead them was a bt... it was interesting but as usual salt applies
    More
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirbeau View Post
    Not as big! But more bizarre! (unless you play fantasy...). That's most of what I know about it. Speculating from that - big buffing thing with a howdah ?!

A bit more for now - in regards to the 'neophytes' (if they continue with that name), I heard they were finecast. Whilst it would leave room for another plastic kit, I hope this isn't true.

Dark Angels are not at all on my radar, doesn't mean they aren't happening anytime soon, but I haven't heard a thing, if ghost's heard anything it is likely to do with black templars.
    Conflicting rumors here

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Commissar Aquila View Post
    4. CSM will get one of the newest dexes in 6th, right after the Marine dex.

5. Tau and BT will get a release soon after CSM; other races updated in 5th will not be updated in 6th as their rules (at least from Guard onwards) are allready suited for 6th. Ward will probably do the BT and might do Tau as well. DA will probably not be updated anytime soon, because its not a popular army and GW does not want to waste money updating one or more armies that almost no one plays with a separate dex.
    Old rumor from Jordankeeps at DakkaDakka
    link http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum...60/361666.page

"Phill kelly is going to write the Bt codex, so that should be great oh and new units added for bt as well. by Jared van Kell

A little but nothing solid. What I have heard.

- Phil Kelly is writing the Codex.
    - More emphasis on the horde aspect of the army with lots of large units of Initiates and Neophytes.
    - Emperors Champion is more in line with the company champion of the Grey Knights but is still 2 wounds. Gains preferred enemy against independent characters and monstrous creatures.

I will let you know as I hear more.

by Jared van Kell

Some additional bits.

- I forgot to mention the Rightous Zeal rule could be changing to be more along the lines of the Rage USR. Something along the lines of if they fail a Ld test then they are subject to Rage and must advance towards the nearest enemy unit. As yet the details are sketchy.
    - All the current special characters (ie: Helbrect and Grimaldius) will remain. Also I had heard of an mention of a special character who is like the greatest of all of the Emperor's Champions and the greatest warrior in the Black Templars. I had heard mention of a bike mounted special character with a lance like weapon but I cannot confirm this yet. "

Quote Originally Posted by superdupermatt View Post
    Certain units to get Rage USR is one I've heard repeatedly. (foolishly didn't see the first post... oops!)
    Sword Brethren are to get a special rule where when they are assaulted the enemy unit has to re-roll all* successful hits, at the expense of 1 attack. It's called "parry".
    Land Raiders, when suffering a 5 or 6 on the damage chart* (so "wrecked" or "destroyed") gets one more turn where it rampage, think along the lines of the machine spirit going bezerk.
    No horses as far as I am aware, bikes would be the direction (if any at all) for riding knights.
    There is a named Emperor's Champion, he's meant to be the longest living EC in the Black Templars history, or somesuch.

*I'll seek clarification as it doesn't quite seem right in my head.
    New from ghost21
    relic dreadnaughts, like a mobile requiary bearer... is what i had heard
    New from ghost21
    expect bt to be the landraider spam army

From Marshal Laeroth at BOLTER AND CHAINSWORD

Link http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/i...owtopic=242736

I cannot find the rumor threads stating it (there were several, but I don't have the time to search too deeply). HOWEVER, I do have a friend in the UK that actually met Phil and talked to him about that particular rumor. To which Phil confirmed. I was told that he sounded very enthusiastic about the project, but wouldn't go into details or timelines. Just that he was writing the book and the BT were coming (that could mean 2 years though).

And this which they say is from WARSEER, I didn't see it here, but I guess I missed it.

i was down the local GW today, and found some interesting stuff on black templars. so far as the internet says, they're before/after chaos space marines (or legions), before or very shortly after 6th, given that they're current incarnation won't be suitable for 6th. Anyways, what i found out was the following:

there's going to be a named emperors champion, who's old by BT standards, and has been EC for a while. long enough to be better than the standard one.

initiates will be cheaper, around 11 points, and neotyphes around 6pts. still, expect some drawbacks to this.

there'll be a new named character on a bike with eternal warrior, and also eternal warrior killer.

and possibly some dreadnought/knight style thing that fits with the rest of the army, in line with the big stuff from GK and BA.

oh, last thing, possibly some upgrade that lets land raiders be destroyed by the enemy, but still 'live' for a turn. final shoot and move, the explode in a last ditch suicide run or someut.

I got most of this from a staff member, so take it with a pinch of salt, but this guy's usually pretty accurate with stuff like this....

And this from Bloodcrusade at BOLTER AND CHAINSWORD

From the rumors I've been hearing it's more of something along the lines of:

1)Helbrecht(Cheaper with rules to make Sword Brethren either Scoring or Troops)
    2)Grimaldus(Rules update)
    3)Special Champion
    4)Draco(Will be making the transfer from White Dwarf to Codex with rule amendments)

These are the *guaranteed* Special Characters with rumors of:

1) Marshal/Castellan for drop pod armies(Reminiscent of one of our own's Custom Codex, believe it was Sigismund Himself?)
    2)Terminator HQ(Allows for termies as scoring or as Troops for 'BlackWing')

Haven't heard anything of being allowed to bring Bikes as Troops if your 'Captain' rides one, which I'm thankful for. There's a Chapter for that and it's White Scars.

Special Units being brought to the Codex:

1)Chaplain Dreadnought(Same reroll hits on charge, probably fealess to all units with-in 6" like Grimaldus)
    2)Durandal Dreadnought(Being brought from White Dwarf into the Codex, haven't heard the rules will change- maybe one more base attack?)
    3)Assault Rhino Chassis(Been rumored/hoped for a long time, whether from the Rhino or a new vehicle on it's chassis)

From Stickmonkey ( Personally I really hope the WD Codex thing does not happen)

http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=327436
    My sources are giving me the following general timelines of codex releases

Q1/2 - tau (or flipped w BT)
    Q2/3 - BT ( possible WD codex)

From Harry:

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Well it is only a small thing but it is quite a big thing if it is accurate. I say 'If' as I heard it quite a long time ago (well over a year ago and I am a bit fuzzy on the details) But I think I picked up that Jes was working on Black Templars possibly with Juan Diaz or Seb Perbet?

Which are some nice names to throw around for any army. Wouldn't you agree?

From Mirbeau
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirbeau View Post
    A little update - I still think (though not sure if others are 100% on this) Templars are the next book, but there are some miniatures for others to come first....
    Last edited by Pa1adin111; 03-01-2012 at 21:45. Reason: Update

Re: Black Templars rumours

Be prepared to update your first post in this thread with any new information, if the thread takes off. People will appreciate it.
    Last edited by shabbadoo; 16-11-2011 at 08:35.
    *Things I've Done For Retail Sales *40K Project Log *Fantasy Project Log *Airbrush Information & Advice
    40K Armies: Dark Angels Tau Orks Eldar
    WFB Armies: Vampire Counts Bretonnians High Elves
    Quote Originally Posted by Inquisitor Jones
    Epidemus, who, at the battle against Khorne, did righteously shift paradigms with the creation of a goal oriented task force that successfully reallocated Khornate resources into Nurgle driven benefits capable of sustaining them through the next fiscal quarter.

Happyland, in a gumdrop house on Lollipop Lane

Black Templars soon? Innnteresting. Any news about models releases? In the current range anything's missing IIRC.
    This is the war-ravaged world of Warhammer, and there's only WAR!... and hammers.

Banned

kits for sword brethren n nophytes(sp) as ive said im more of a xenos guy but ill provide what i know, vows are less restrictive

i also saw things for something called knights of the inner circle (or something along those lines).. they were named each came from a successor chapter, n the guy who lead them was a bt... it was interesting but as usual salt applies

Thank you finally a bt rumor thread!
    Ghost do u mean new models for neophytes ? That would be awesome news.

Chapter Master Erazmus_M_Wattle's Avatar

That knight of the inner circle info sounds more Dark Angel. Especially when dealing with successor chapters. Do Black Templars have successors?

A bunch of specific models for neophytes should be a great idea, although I like my scout-liking current models.
    This is the war-ravaged world of Warhammer, and there's only WAR!... and hammers.

Quote Originally Posted by Erazmus_M_Wattle View Post
    That knight of the inner circle info sounds more Dark Angel. Especially when dealing with successor chapters.
    It doesn't sound like Dark Angels, it *is* Dark Angels. Let's hope that ghost is mixing up Black Templars with Dark Angels stuff that is underway, rather than saying correctly that Codex: Black Templars will be pillaging what little of the Dark Angels identity remains intact(which would be beyond lame).
    Do Black Templars have successors?
    They might now. The whole thing could be expanded to be Imperial Fists splits to also form Crimson Fists and Black Templars(as it is), Crimson Fists don't found anything due to setbacks, and Black Templars eventually found one or more further Chapters. Breaks up the Ultramarines founding "EVERYTHING" legacy a bit at least, if only slightly, and it is high time we found out about a few other Chapters that don't happen to spring from the Ultramarines' geneseed. It gives the fluff writers something else to write about and sets up the Black Templars as not just "one more Chapter", but a Chapter with a further legacy of its own. That isn't a bad idea at all.

Hopefully they'll take the Black Templars more in a direction that leads away from similarities with the Dark Angels, visual and otherwise.
    *Things I've Done For Retail Sales *40K Project Log *Fantasy Project Log *Airbrush Information & Advice
    40K Armies: Dark Angels Tau Orks Eldar
    WFB Armies: Vampire Counts Bretonnians High Elves
    Quote Originally Posted by Inquisitor Jones
    Epidemus, who, at the battle against Khorne, did righteously shift paradigms with the creation of a goal oriented task force that successfully reallocated Khornate resources into Nurgle driven benefits capable of sustaining them through the next fiscal quarter.

Chapter Master

While a successor council makes more sense for DA than BT, I can see the BT spawning successor chapters- they are probably the largest chapter currently in existence, and have been since the heresy. Speculation has them at about 6000 marines rather than the standard 1000. It may well be that the question of size has come up repeatedly in their past, and they've turned entire crusades into successor chapters rather than deal with the problems an even larger size would create.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Ultra View Post
    A bunch of specific models for neophytes should be a great idea, although I like my scout-liking current models.
    This would be fantastic. I've been looking for alternatives to the crew cuts and floppy ears anyway.
    Do you wish to gather flesh, acquire an appetite, enjoy refreshing sleep and feel that every fiber and tissue of your body is being braced and renovated? If you do, commence treatment with Dr. Peter's Blood Vitalizer.
    --Newspaper ad from The National Tribune, circa 1901

I also remember that knights of the inner circle was a DA rumored unit a while back and if I remember correctly it was stickmonkey who gave us that rumor first but I could be wrong though.

A new different model for neophytes is my number one wish for the new codex so i'm pretty excited already, also I want a heavy shocktrooper assualt oriented unit called cataphracts or something like that but I don't how they could be diffirentiated from terminators and the ability to make competitive horde marine lists.

Knights of the Inner Circle? Could work for Black Templars. Instead of successor chapters, think Crusades. Each crusade sends a representative to the Grand Marshal to serve both as a warrior but an ambassador for the crusade.

Sword Brethren Terminator kits?

Neophytes could be similar to the scouts we have now, maybe carapace armor but with more armor on arms and legs? Say mail armor instead of cloth pants?
    "As I've always said, Wes is wise." - Scryer in the Darkness
    "Wes, if you keep this up you'll need to change your name to MajorWiseJanson." - Azzy
    "Many boffins died to bring us this information." - Forgeworld Announcement E-mail
    "Rest assured, Servitor 13 has your best interests at heart. Now let's fire up the lascannons." - GW changes their web privacy policy.

Hmm that bit about the Inner circle Knights sounds a bit like the background of the Dorn Successor chapters meeting up for a centinnial ritual contest between their champions. Possibly hinting that the codex may be officially recognised as for all crusader chapters not just the Black Templars?

In all the new marine codexes, GW had added loads of new units and tried to make them unique. Which has worked pretty well I think.

I'm expecting the Black Templars to be the same, with new models and units added, rather than just an update and an upgrade sprue.

I hope they play up the crusader theme and include the option to take along lots of crazy stuff. In the Medieval crusades they used to take relics into battle to inspire them (like the cross that Jesus was supposedly killed on!) and ordinary farmers and such like would answer the call without any military training.

There's an opportunity to make a really unique bonkers army with a hard core of marines, but also some imperial elements that have just heeded the call to crusade. Lunatics, fanatics, ancient relics etc.

Without venturing into wishlisting, I would think that this release would be on the small side model-wise. Probably closer to the GK or BA, with new wargear / rules added via multi-purpose combo kits.

Based on ghost's rumors, I'd say one combo kit for Sword Brethern / possibly a new elite unit type (or just tons of new gear), a similar one for Neophytes, and probably one new big shiny kit (GW loves adding at least one new big thing per release). Any further speculation is probably wishlisting until we get more info.

The Inner Circle deal sounds like it could have been confused with DA. We'll have to see.
    Draigo's Razor: When presented with multiple explanations for a new piece of 40K content, the most likely answer is the one intentionally designed to make you, personally, angry.

/////
    Tales of the Seferim Sector: an ongoing series of narrative battle reports.

Kommanda Shinbash's Misfits - 1500 pt Orks

Brother Sergeant Brother Handro's Avatar

Just for informational purposes re: Knights of the Inner Circle successor chapters; two chapter do exist that are rumoured and confirmed (respectively) to be descendants of the BT; the imaginatively named White Templars and Red Templars.

If this is true I guess we will see more chapters invented to bulk out the circle but I agree it does sound Dark Angel-y, though both have the medieval/monk vibe going on.

Quote Originally Posted by dangerboyjim View Post
    I hope they play up the crusader theme and include the option to take along lots of crazy stuff. In the Medieval crusades they used to take relics into battle to inspire them (like the cross that Jesus was supposedly killed on!) and ordinary farmers and such like would answer the call without any military training.

There's an opportunity to make a really unique bonkers army with a hard core of marines, but also some imperial elements that have just heeded the call to crusade. Lunatics, fanatics, ancient relics etc.
    I'd love this, too bad no hard rumors for anything similar.
    My Blog: http://stratmankudzu.blogspot.com/

looking for new plastic space marine backpacks w/ banner poles. the old kind. PM me

That knight of the inner circle info sounds more Dark Angel. Especially when dealing with successor chapters. Do Black Templars have successors?
    At the time being, no, they don't. Also, I don't recall Helbrecht having only one (real) hand left, as he gets it cut off in the new Necron Dex. The current Model has both, at least.

Knights of the Inner Circle really are a DA thing, but Black Templars could easily have something similar.
    We both read the rumour, day and night,
    but you read black where I read white.

Quote Originally Posted by Scryer in the Darkness View Post
    (After someone claimed he was Phill Kelly) The real Phil Kelly would know how to spell his first name correctly.

Well, we already have Chaplain Grimaldus with his cenobyte servitors, one of them carrying a big marble aquila, which is precisely a relic. I can see a thing like this, something like the Grail Pilgrims but with more skulls.

Sounds about right to me.
    I certainly heard about these guys before heard much about Tau .... the order I hear about them was Necrons and Sisters at the same time, Black Templars then Tau.

Not sure what the story is with Sisters but they must be in the mix somewhere.
    Founding father of J.A.D.E.D. Jerks Against Directors Extraordinary Decisions.
    My Project Log "This week I have mostly been painting ...."
    My other log of Vintage stuff: "A Blast from the Past"
    You might also like: "'Ere be Giants"

Chapter Master

Quote Originally Posted by BramGaunt View Post
    At the time being, no, they don't. Also, I don't recall Helbrecht having only one (real) hand left, as he gets it cut off in the new Necron Dex. The current Model has both, at least.

Knights of the Inner Circle really are a DA thing, but Black Templars could easily have something similar.
    Pretty sure before Necrons came along the issue was that we didn't know Helbrecht lost his arm. The model has 2 arms, but one of them is bionics (he even has "Bionics" in his wargear entry). All the Necron book did is say how he lost it.

As this was supposedly finished 8 months ago, I'm curious as to who the author might've been...

Page 1 of 32 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast