Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: What's next for 40k. [CLOSED]

Re: What's next for 40k.

Quote Originally Posted by ForgottenLore View Post
    He said he was guessing on that though.
    It fits, though, as Tau need an update, and we have heard of some kits for them, like the recut crisis suits. If DA are in June (or nothing) and CSM in October, a Xenos codex would seem best to be next. If Da are not in June, then they could be after Tau, fitting the PA/ non-PA book schedule we have seen so far. If DA are in June, then we may see BT after Tau. After that, Eldar seem logical to be the next Xenos book. By then, maybe Sisters will actually get a book.
    "As I've always said, Wes is wise." - Scryer in the Darkness
    "Wes, if you keep this up you'll need to change your name to MajorWiseJanson." - Azzy
    "Many boffins died to bring us this information." - Forgeworld Announcement E-mail
    "Rest assured, Servitor 13 has your best interests at heart. Now let's fire up the lascannons." - GW changes their web privacy policy.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorWesJanson View Post
    CSM is supposed ot be the first book of 6th, so I can't see it showing up before 6th comes out.
    I don't know with GW in rumour lockdown, it would be a great way to drum interest in 6th for the crowd that isn't looking up every new rumour. They could pretty much call it the first sixth book to build up hype, and maybe get a lot of players looking at it for clues for sixth (and get a few to start new army in the bargin).

Chapter Master

It fits, though, as Tau need an update,
    certainly it fits. And Harry's guess should definitely be given significant weight. I just want to avoid the progression...

Quote Originally Posted by Harry
    My guess is tau will be first in 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by WesJanson
    Harry said tau are first in 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Someone on the Internet
    It has been confirmed by Harry that tau are first in 2013, probably in January.
    Quote Originally Posted by A bunch of people
    Its a solid lock that tau are coming next January.
    Quote Originally Posted by GW
    New releases for January, new hobbit figures.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Internet
    #%€£*^###<|?!€^%#>£¥~} GW, we were promised Tau in January, I quit!!!!!!!
    Because you know that is how it would happen....
    Once upon a midnight dreary...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanska of Kompletely Kroot, May 12 2009, 12:42 PM
    May your enemies taste as sweet as your victories...

So you're saying we should string Harry up now for possibly being wrong??

I'll grab the rope! ;-P

No no.

I think he is saying new Hobbits in January!

Commander

Quote Originally Posted by Hokiecow View Post
    So you're saying we should string Harry up now for possibly being wrong??

I'll grab the rope! ;-P
    No he is trying to show the progression from Harry saying that he is pretty sureTau is the first codex of 2013 to MajorWesJanson changing it to a far more definitive sounding statement (within a page no less) and how such chinese whispers end with the result that if it didn't pan out would ultimatly end in nerd rage.

Indeed IIRC Harry actually mentioned in his it's hard to predict the future thread that it's one of the downsides to being a "credible" rumourmonger because while he left himself wiggle room people have a tendency to start spouting "Harry said" and they ignore the wiggle room.
    Sorry no GW I will not pay twice the $$$ to buy from retail stores in Australia and no amount of adds to the hobby, support you FLGS bulldung is going to change the fact your charging twice as much.

Quote Originally Posted by Zothos View Post
    No no.

I think he is saying new Hobbits in January!
    I'd actually not rule that out. My guess is Hobbit focused months in November and January, maybe a few more kits mixed in with other releases in Dec, Feb, and maybe even March.

Quote Originally Posted by KarlPedder View Post
    No he is trying to show the progression from Harry saying that he is pretty sureTau is the first codex of 2013 to MajorWesJanson changing it to a far more definitive sounding statement (within a page no less) and how such chinese whispers end with the result that if it didn't pan out would ultimatly end in nerd rage.

Indeed IIRC Harry actually mentioned in his it's hard to predict the future thread that it's one of the downsides to being a "credible" rumourmonger because while he left himself wiggle room people have a tendency to start spouting "Harry said" and they ignore the wiggle room.
    Fixed the original comment about Harry. I'm still personally guessing either DA or a wave in June, CSM in Oct, and Tau in Feb/March.
    "As I've always said, Wes is wise." - Scryer in the Darkness
    "Wes, if you keep this up you'll need to change your name to MajorWiseJanson." - Azzy
    "Many boffins died to bring us this information." - Forgeworld Announcement E-mail
    "Rest assured, Servitor 13 has your best interests at heart. Now let's fire up the lascannons." - GW changes their web privacy policy.

Commander

Fixed the original comment about Harry. I'm still personally guessing either DA or a wave in June, CSM in Oct, and Tau in Feb/March.
    Thats more or less what I'm expecting though I can't rule out the possibility of CSM being swapped with DA. Also to be clear I wasn't having a go or anything, I was just supporting Forgottenlore's example of just how all it takes is a little bit of interpretation combined with citing someone like Harry and all of a sudden a maybe becomes a definatly especially since there seems to be a ridiculously large amount of lazy folks who wont read through a whole thread and only read one of these interpreted posts and Tau don't end up first codex of 2013 and bam poor Harry's getting called out as unreliable or worse a liar.....
    Sorry no GW I will not pay twice the $$$ to buy from retail stores in Australia and no amount of adds to the hobby, support you FLGS bulldung is going to change the fact your charging twice as much.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by BramGaunt View Post
    Dude, relax. I never said I don't believe you. I only said that, usually, if people claim to have seen something but can't talk about it, they just haven't. I don't know why, I do know this doesn't count for everyone. I just encouraged you to, if you can, post something conclusive, or nothing at all. People will get mad at you anyway.
    I'm seriously not worried about it. I know what I know, and if people want to hear about it, awesome. If people don't want to hear about it, that works too.

As far as asking for proof, you're never going to get it. Feel free to ask Harry, Stickmonkey or Hastings for proof and we'll see how far that gets ya.

I'm not bothered by hecklers, I just find it amusing. I share what I share because I thought some people might want to hear about it, and clearly some people do. Hecklers come and go, and honestly don't bother me. I only offered to stop sharing because I'm not here to ruin anyone's day. I'm here to share what information I'm allowed to because some people have said they want to find out what they can about what's coming up.

I will follow your & dean's advice and ignore your objections.

@dean, the ISBN is the first thing I would redact if I were going to post a picture.

Quote Originally Posted by meltedwing View Post
    I'm seriously not worried about it. I know what I know, and if people want to hear about it, awesome. If people don't want to hear about it, that works too.

As far as asking for proof, you're never going to get it. Feel free to ask Harry, Stickmonkey or Hastings for proof and we'll see how far that gets ya.

I'm not bothered by hecklers, I just find it amusing. I share what I share because I thought some people might want to hear about it, and clearly some people do. Hecklers come and go, and honestly don't bother me. I only offered to stop sharing because I'm not here to ruin anyone's day. I'm here to share what information I'm allowed to because some people have said they want to find out what they can about what's coming up.

I will follow your & dean's advice and ignore your objections.

@dean, the ISBN is the first thing I would redact if I were going to post a picture.
    I, for one, am waiting on the edge of my metaphorical seat for any information you care to divulge

Originally Posted by MajorWesJanson
    It fits, though, as Tau need an update,
    certainly it fits. And Harry's guess should definitely be given significant weight. I just want to avoid the progression...

Originally Posted by Harry
    My guess is tau will be first in 2013
    Originally Posted by WesJanson
    Harry said tau are first in 2013
    Originally Posted by Someone on the Internet
    It has been confirmed by Harry that tau are first in 2013, probably in January.
    Originally Posted by A bunch of people
    Its a solid lock that tau are coming next January.
    Originally Posted by GW
    New releases for January, new hobbit figures.
    Originally Posted by The Internet
    #%€£*^###<|?!€^%#>£¥~} GW, we were promised Tau in January, I quit!!!!!!!
    Because you know that is how it would happen....

Ja ja ja good search in the usual history of rumours Forgotten Lore. Now we should wait until november/december to hear the usual: Tau been pushed back!!!

If some of the extra blisters for 40k, speculated at characters for DE and nids turn out to be the Parasite of Mortrex and Lady Malys, me and my regular gaming opponent will be very happy as we're both intending to have them lead our armies.
    Though my guards may sleep and ships may lie at anchor, our foes know full well that big guns never tire.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
    If you really want to see a god of murder, keep going with the off topic

CSM is supposed ot be the first book of 6th, so I can't see it showing up before 6th comes out.
    If I remember correctly, the same post that predicted CSM as first codex for 6th also stated that it could be out shortly before or after the new core rulebook. So taking that exact post to justify why CSM is unlikely to come out before the new rules seems kind of funny to me.

If I remember correctly, I was one of the first responders to your post, and I did ask politely for something you could share, without asking for any prove.

So, would you be willing to perhaps answer specific questions regarding the new edition?

Like:
    - is the Force Organization Chart still there, and if so, has it been altered in any way?
    - Are there any significant changes to cover?
    - How do objectives work under the new rules? Are troops still the only ones able to claim them? Can they still be claimed from inside a tank? It it still "control at the end of the game", or did the rumored VPs for holding objectives each turn somehow make it in?
    - Any major changes to reserves and deep striking? Did players get more control over when their units arrive? Can units deep strike and assault now?
    - Did they do anything about movement, putting run and possibly charge moves back into the movement phase?

I probably missed one or two, but those are among the most pressing questions I have for 6th.

You probably can't answer any of them, but if you could, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks
    RT
    Heritage: My Captain Anisha Nemo Warmachine Fiction
    My Warmachine Introduction Guide (Tactica Collection)
    My Battle Report Archive

Quote Originally Posted by Wishing View Post
    (in Warmachine) Each model is part of a puzzle, which together makes a weapon that you use to break apart your opponent's puzzle.

I'm still personally guessing either DA or a wave in June, CSM in Oct, and Tau in Feb/March.
    CSM codex is looking much more concrete as the next release for 40K, but DA are still looking good for a release around the starter box, hopefully being either the first codex in 6th, or the first hardback codex in the new format.

I'm guessing that DA will takte the place of the Vanilla Codex releasewise. They'll probably get a toy that Vanillas can take aswell, via WD the same month, and that the Vanilla dex won't be updated any time soon. If Chaos is released shortly ahead of the 6th rulebook that means that it actually IS the first dex for 6th.
    We both read the rumour, day and night,
    but you read black where I read white.

Quote Originally Posted by Scryer in the Darkness View Post
    (After someone claimed he was Phill Kelly) The real Phil Kelly would know how to spell his first name correctly.

Commander

I'm guessing that DA will takte the place of the Vanilla Codex releasewise. They'll probably get a toy that Vanillas can take aswell, via WD the same month, and that the Vanilla dex won't be updated any time soon. If Chaos is released shortly ahead of the 6th rulebook that means that it actually IS the first dex for 6th.
    This is much in the vein i have being thinking though I'll go so far as to say that IMO the toy they will share will be a flyer that isn't the Stormraven and that there will eventually be a third SM flyer shared by BT & SW.

Initially the WD spine thing made me think that perhaps DA would be first but based on things posted in the DA thread it seems as if that whole picture will be DA and if like has been speculated it is the codex cover it actually makes much more sense that DA would be released towards the end of the year.

God I feel like I'm picking on you Wes which isn't my intent....
    Quote Originally Posted by RandomThoughts View Post
    If I remember correctly, the same post that predicted CSM as first codex for 6th also stated that it could be out shortly before or after the new core rulebook. So taking that exact post to justify why CSM is unlikely to come out before the new rules seems kind of funny to me.
    But in light of you making posts such as this:
    They could release a Hardback CSM book that is 6th edition designed, and simply put out a FAQ for 5th edition for a month or two until 6th comes out in June/July. Chaos really deserves to be a fully 6th edition book, and in hardback.
    In the DA rumours thread no less.....

That perhaps your allowing your desires to influence your conclusions just a wee bit.

I mean I'm sure DA players could provide just as many justifications as to why DA deserve a "proper" 6th ed HB book more than Chaos do. It a very subjective concept really.
    Last edited by KarlPedder; 01-03-2012 at 10:54.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by RandomThoughts View Post
    If I remember correctly, I was one of the first responders to your post, and I did ask politely for something you could share, without asking for any prove.
    RT, I greatly appreciate your response and honestly have no intention of withholding information that I am allowed to share. Unfortunately I'm not allowed to share much about the 6th ed book yet. The only reason I brought it up at all, and again maybe shouldn't have, was because someone doubted that it was getting released this year and said they didn't expect it to come out for another couple of years. Honestly I was a little gobsmacked, but I guess I shouldn't be. I consider the 6th ed release to be more "hard fact news" than rumor, even though I really should continue to think of it as rumor.

I will definitely release more information about it as I am able.

RT, I greatly appreciate your response and honestly have no intention of withholding information that I am allowed to share. Unfortunately I'm not allowed to share much about the 6th ed book yet. The only reason I brought it up at all, and again maybe shouldn't have, was because someone doubted that it was getting released this year and said they didn't expect it to come out for another couple of years. Honestly I was a little gobsmacked, but I guess I shouldn't be. I consider the 6th ed release to be more "hard fact news" than rumor, even though I really should continue to think of it as rumor.

I will definitely release more information about it as I am able.
    I understand that you are not allowed to release certain information, but do have a question that you might be able to answer without really giving too much away. I currently don't know the rules for 5th edition well. Are the basics of the rules changing so much that I might as well wait till 6th to get to grips with the rules? Or is it going to be similar enough that learning the basics is still a good idea?

Whichever comes first I am excited by both the DA and Chaos releases.
    Currently retired from 40k due to lack of gaming.

I think this fairly likely, and like I said earlier with the rumour lockdown I would surprised if we didnt' get a 6th book before the edition just to give the casual crowd a heads up.

Quote Originally Posted by althathir View Post
    I think this fairly likely, and like I said earlier with the rumour lockdown I would surprised if we didnt' get a 6th book before the edition just to give the casual crowd a heads up.
    That's what they did for 5th, for all intents and purposes, Chaos Daemons were the first real 5th edition codex. They even used terminology that didn't make any sense until the 5th Edition book came out.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast