Thread: is this what i suspect it is...

is this what i suspect it is...

here's a question for you...

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/ca...Id=prod1070141

in the blurb for the metal catachan special weapons it says that there is 3 possible variants and 1 is with a grenade launcher.
    now iv'e never seen a metal male catachan with a grenade launcher model and Google made it look like one doesn't exist.
    does this mean that it is the female catachan model still available and you may get it random of you buy enough of these guys?

I hope so.

could someone please help clarify this for me.

cheers.

Re: is this what i suspect it is...

That might be so. I would e-mail Gw just to be sure, otherwise you could end up with quite a few catachans with flamers and meltas. It's still a nice model, just a shame that they put it in a random blister. Not knowing what you're buying is bad business.
    Nurgle renegade guardsmen project log, now also a general chaos/daemons log Update 13-04-2013 Plaguereaper and the promise for more

Quantity is a quality all of it's own.

Yeah, she shows up quite a lot in those blisters, my local GW had loads of them last time I was looking in that general area.
    40K spend '09: £205.70.'10: £87.50.'11: £29.00. '12: £89.00. '13: £35.50. '14 £75.50.

WANTED: Elysian Shotgun & appropriate arms. Cairn Wraith metal face.

Brimstone. Gone but not forgotten.

The female 'nade launcher is in the random blister.

Watching AFL or down the road at uni, and occasionally at the pub....

yep random blister, drop into a store and have a look or ring direct and get the guys to specifically find one for you
    Friendly neighbourhood demon host.
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Just assume at all times you are dealing with an idiot and we'll get on fine.
    So Flesh biters with watch hinter allies I have it all straight no Cherub Ale. Leave it with me

fantastic i might just do that

Warwick, Warwickshire, England, UK, NW Europe, Sol-3, Eastern Spiral Arm

I have three or four; one of whom got chopped in half for an Escher conversion to give my gang another special weapon option.

They're not hard to find. Lovely model, too - one of the few female guard models and of African ethnic descent as well (look at the features).

She always reminded me of Vasquez from Aliens. Always liked that model (I have one).
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    Ours is not to reason why, ours is but to glue and buy.
    Quote Originally Posted by FraustyTheSnowman View Post
    Anything else I have to say has already been said by Col Shaw...listen to the lego man, he's wise.
    "Ember of Dreams"
    http://www.amazon.com/Ember-Dreams-C...0408773&sr=1-1

Quote Originally Posted by Gen.Steiner View Post
    They're not hard to find. Lovely model, too - one of the few female guard models and of African ethnic descent as well (look at the features).
    Mine isn't.

For all that people on the internet told me she was available in blister packs, I never saw one. Took me ages to get one from someone on TMP.

Really? I've had all of mine through blister pack purchases... usually with a flamer toting Catachan (irritating, I wanted meltas or plasma really - typical).

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewGPaul View Post
    Mine isn't.

For all that people on the internet told me she was available in blister packs, I never saw one. Took me ages to get one from someone on TMP.
    That is an example of Sod's Law in effect. You wanted the model, so naturally you couldn't find it. Everyone else wasn't too bothered, so naturally they ended up with loads.
    Your Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-pope
    Quote Originally Posted by Inquisitor Shego View Post
    Killing his captain is meh. Killing his Primarch? Hell, that goes on a resume
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfblade670 View Post
    Spider-pope, Spider-pope, does whatever a Spider-pope does. Can he swing into a thread? Of course he can, 'cause he's the Pope. Lookout, its the Spider pope...
    Read about my terrible luck gaming and iffy painting on my blog

To be fair, after I got my first one, I went around various GWs scouring their blister packs for the GL woman. She's so useful! Goes together with Rocket Girl perfectly, too.

I thought the Catachan Female with Grenade Launcher model was mean to be limited edition? I've still got one knocking around somewhere in it's original blister - if it isn't I might just paint it up now...
    In the Grim Darkness of the Far Grim Dark there is only Grim Darkness, and skulls.

A collaborative blog about wargames, painting and probably some other randomness

I thought that originally too, but I have so many of them...!

The Bureaucracy of Anarchy with the Space Monkeys in the Mischief Committee of Project Mayhem.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewGPaul View Post
    Mine isn't.

Clearly the reason you couldn't find her was that everyone else was hording the blisters that include her.
    Wear a monocle and Bob Schieffer will laugh at you on the evening news.

Hurricanes are not the best way to keep crime down, Mr. Bloomberg.

“Well, I’ve got two pythons and a tiny guy in a rhinoceros costume with an obsession with disco,”

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmeth View Post
    I thought the Catachan Female with Grenade Launcher model was mean to be limited edition? I've still got one knocking around somewhere in it's original blister - if it isn't I might just paint it up now...
    It was originally - only available at Games Day 1995 or 6 if you spent over a certain amount (one penny more than a Necromunda gang, whatever they cost at first. I kicked myself for years for not buying an Escher gang and a paint to get one).