I haven't played 40k in a while. After 5th edition came out I gravitated to FB and have really been enjoying that. However, in light of an impending 6th edition, I thought I'd take a gander at some of the newer 40k armies. GK had always caught my eye; not just because of the fluff, but because the idea of a super elite army that really could defeat 2 or 3 times it's number on the field has always appealed to me. Most every game I play, I try to win against insurmountable odds. It is the most epic way to win.

Having said that... Grey Knights. How have they been received in the current meta. I know the rules for 40k, but having been out of touch with the game since space wolves came out, I'm not really sure where GK fit in the current meta.

Are they actually effective in that ultra elite sense?

Are they "broken" in any way, for good or I'll? For example, will people roll their eyes when they see me plop down a GK army?

Where would they be ranked in the competitive scene?

I guess I'm just looking for an overall feel to the army. I have the dex, but as I mentioned, I feel very out of touch with the overall gaming community, so it's hard for mr to judge the army in relation to it's peers. Anyone feel like helping me out? Thanks!