Thread: Hey Kids, what time is it?

Hey Kids, what time is it?

The most current timelines of the 40K era are up to late December, year 999 of M41. Anybody think there is a chance that GW will finally advance the timeline into M42, or are they just going to keep cramming more and more things into the last day of M41?

Re: Hey Kids, what time is it?

Quote Originally Posted by brionl View Post
    The most current timelines of the 40K era are up to late December, year 999 of M41. Anybody think there is a chance that GW will finally advance the timeline into M42, or are they just going to keep cramming more and more things into the last day of M41?
    Right after they balance all the avaiable factions and bring back the squats

Quote Originally Posted by brionl View Post
    in the Cain novel series the timeline advances I think 150 years into M42..

Marine

IIRC at the end of the Eye of Terror campaign Chaos has pretty much encircled cadia and The Despoiler is waiting to make the final push to take it so instead of moving forward from there its prolly far and away easier for GW to find small things that happened in the past and greatly expand upon them however personally i would like to see them move forward you could still call it 40k

Chapter Master

Quote Originally Posted by Aun'aart'al View Post
    in the Cain novel series the timeline advances I think 150 years into M42..
    The Cain novels are published sometime into M42. The Cain stories occur during M41. There's a difference.
    Dear Game Designer. Rock is cheese. Paper is fine. Regards, Scissors.

... Not the first time we've seen this question.

No, GW's central timeline is very unlikely to ever see M42. They like everything coming down to a huge crisis at the millennium, so while the odd BL story might do it, their normal setting won't.
    These days, they just add to older parts of the setting (refer to the Horus Heresy BL series) or just outright rewrite stuff - they're not just "cramming everything in to the last day", Zeno's Paradox style.
    -Inquisitor Marco Robert Skoll.

Czevak's adventures in Atlas Infernal are set after the excommunication of the Relictors, which itself was after the events of the Eye of Terror campaign.

So- maybe this is a sign that they will move forward. Also I recall way back in 3rd ed, one of the "Thoughts for the day" (at the bottom of one of the Contents pages at the start of the 3rd ed Main Rulebook) was dated well into M42.

I could be wrong, (don't have the codex handy), but I think Lysander goes missing and comes back in M42 and the in game stats are supposed to represent the later incarnation