Thread: Any word on the outcome of the Feb 18th campaign

Any word on the outcome of the Feb 18th campaign

Has there been any word on the outcome of the February 18th, Ultramarines vs Word Bearers? It's been a couple weeks and I imagine GW should have seen the results by now.

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/wn...id=1000006-gws
    "How smooth must be the language of the Xenos, when they can make right look like wrong, and wrong like right."
    -Brother-Chief Black Hawk on the Tau

Re: Any word on the outcome of the Feb 18th campaign

So did GW just drop this campaign? That's not cool, I want to hear about the battle between the two.
    "How smooth must be the language of the Xenos, when they can make right look like wrong, and wrong like right."

I don't think this was any kind of co-ordinated campaign, rather an international in-store celebration of the release of the novel Know No Fear, so that people could take their Ultramarines/Word Bearers down to their local store and play a themed game. Otherwise, for the canonical result, there's always the book itself (which I thought to be quite a good read myself)!
    Quote Originally Posted by blackcherry
    This man speaks the truth

Well from their post it seemed that they were trying to sell it as some huge deal, but then they just stopped. According to them it was to decide the fate of the Ultramarines themselves. They should at least update it or something, unless the Ultras lost and they're acting like it didn't happen or something.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaplainOrion View Post
    Well from their post it seemed that they were trying to sell it as some huge deal, but then they just stopped. According to them it was to decide the fate of the Ultramarines themselves.
    Hobby Centres around the world will will be running massive games of Warhammer 40,000 to celebrate the eagerly anticipated Horus Heresy novel
    Sounds exactly like that, actually.
    "Never! The bandwagon will leave without us!"- Sojourner
    "Xisor's lucky he didn't get bundled to the ground and shot in the head six times."- Charax
    "Poor old Ahriman and his many failed attempts to get a library card."- Lord Damocles
    http://xisor.wordpress.com

Chapter Master

Why not just write them and ask?
    Quote Originally Posted by Avian View Post
    Never attribute to malice what can be attributed to a shaky grasp of English.

Quote Originally Posted by theJ View Post
    Why not just write them and ask?
    Because it's obvious it was just a promotional event designed to hype up 'Know No Fear' and nothing else?
    Death is nothing compared to Vindication - Konrad Curze/Night Haunter

Quote Originally Posted by ChaplainOrion View Post
    Well from their post it seemed that they were trying to sell it as some huge deal, but then they just stopped. According to them it was to decide the fate of the Ultramarines themselves. They should at least update it or something, unless the Ultras lost and they're acting like it didn't happen or something.
    I never once heard the fate of the Ultramarines being involved in it. It was recreating the Battle of Calth, because Know No Fear had just come out, nothing more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperialis_Dominatus View Post
    And anytime you think to yourself, "no one could be that stupid/lacking in common sense/unreasonable/etc."... tell yourself, very loudly, "I AM WRONG," and slap yourself in the face. Hard. Because you are wrong. Because someone out there is, in fact, that stupid, unreasonable, lacking in common sense, etc. I assure you.

I didn't realise the results of every game played at GW got written into the background. If I did I would have been much more careful with my craftworld eldar, especially my Avatar! Good job I've sold them now I guess :s

Sorry guys!

Sent from my Astropath using Tele Talk

WHFB & 40k FAQ & Errata edit: oh, and Hobbit