Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Any word on the outcome of the Feb 18th campaign

  1. #1
    Librarian ChaplainOrion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Guarding my belt diligently
    Posts
    307

    Any word on the outcome of the Feb 18th campaign

    Has there been any word on the outcome of the February 18th, Ultramarines vs Word Bearers? It's been a couple weeks and I imagine GW should have seen the results by now.

    http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/wn...id=1000006-gws
    "How smooth must be the language of the Xenos, when they can make right look like wrong, and wrong like right."
    -Brother-Chief Black Hawk on the Tau

  2. #2
    Librarian ChaplainOrion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Guarding my belt diligently
    Posts
    307

    Re: Any word on the outcome of the Feb 18th campaign

    So did GW just drop this campaign? That's not cool, I want to hear about the battle between the two.
    "How smooth must be the language of the Xenos, when they can make right look like wrong, and wrong like right."
    -Brother-Chief Black Hawk on the Tau

  3. #3
    Commander Tiller5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Hayes, Middlesex
    Posts
    586

    Re: Any word on the outcome of the Feb 18th campaign

    I don't think this was any kind of co-ordinated campaign, rather an international in-store celebration of the release of the novel Know No Fear, so that people could take their Ultramarines/Word Bearers down to their local store and play a themed game. Otherwise, for the canonical result, there's always the book itself (which I thought to be quite a good read myself)!
    Quote Originally Posted by blackcherry
    This man speaks the truth

  4. #4
    Librarian ChaplainOrion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Guarding my belt diligently
    Posts
    307

    Re: Any word on the outcome of the Feb 18th campaign

    Well from their post it seemed that they were trying to sell it as some huge deal, but then they just stopped. According to them it was to decide the fate of the Ultramarines themselves. They should at least update it or something, unless the Ultras lost and they're acting like it didn't happen or something.
    "How smooth must be the language of the Xenos, when they can make right look like wrong, and wrong like right."
    -Brother-Chief Black Hawk on the Tau

  5. #5
    Chapter Master Xisor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Stirling, Scotland
    Posts
    3,989

    Re: Any word on the outcome of the Feb 18th campaign

    Quote Originally Posted by ChaplainOrion View Post
    Well from their post it seemed that they were trying to sell it as some huge deal, but then they just stopped. According to them it was to decide the fate of the Ultramarines themselves.
    Hobby Centres around the world will will be running massive games of Warhammer 40,000 to celebrate the eagerly anticipated Horus Heresy novel
    Sounds exactly like that, actually.
    "Never! The bandwagon will leave without us!"- Sojourner
    "Xisor's lucky he didn't get bundled to the ground and shot in the head six times."- Charax
    "Poor old Ahriman and his many failed attempts to get a library card."- Lord Damocles
    http://xisor.wordpress.com

  6. #6
    Chapter Master
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Commoragh
    Posts
    1,664

    Re: Any word on the outcome of the Feb 18th campaign

    Why not just write them and ask?
    Quote Originally Posted by Avian View Post
    Never attribute to malice what can be attributed to a shaky grasp of English.

  7. #7

    Re: Any word on the outcome of the Feb 18th campaign

    Quote Originally Posted by theJ View Post
    Why not just write them and ask?
    Because it's obvious it was just a promotional event designed to hype up 'Know No Fear' and nothing else?
    Death is nothing compared to Vindication - Konrad Curze/Night Haunter

  8. #8

    Re: Any word on the outcome of the Feb 18th campaign

    Quote Originally Posted by ChaplainOrion View Post
    Well from their post it seemed that they were trying to sell it as some huge deal, but then they just stopped. According to them it was to decide the fate of the Ultramarines themselves. They should at least update it or something, unless the Ultras lost and they're acting like it didn't happen or something.
    I never once heard the fate of the Ultramarines being involved in it. It was recreating the Battle of Calth, because Know No Fear had just come out, nothing more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperialis_Dominatus View Post
    And anytime you think to yourself, "no one could be that stupid/lacking in common sense/unreasonable/etc."... tell yourself, very loudly, "I AM WRONG," and slap yourself in the face. Hard. Because you are wrong. Because someone out there is, in fact, that stupid, unreasonable, lacking in common sense, etc. I assure you.

  9. #9

    Re: Any word on the outcome of the Feb 18th campaign

    I didn't realise the results of every game played at GW got written into the background. If I did I would have been much more careful with my craftworld eldar, especially my Avatar! Good job I've sold them now I guess :s

    Sorry guys!

    Sent from my Astropath using Tele Talk

    WHFB & 40k FAQ & Errata edit: oh, and Hobbit

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •