Thread: July 40K Events at Warhammer World - possible 6th Edition launch weekend?

July 40K Events at Warhammer World - possible 6th Edition launch weekend?

Hi everybody,

This may be absolutely nothing, but Warhammer World have just posted up their events calendar for the year ahead and a couple of things in July took my eye.

http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_...r_07.03.12.pdf

Most rumours point to 6th Edition coming at some point in July, and on Saturday the 14th July there is a new art exhibition commencing, along with a Design Studio Open Day and an event the following day called 40K Cataclysm.

Purely speculation on my part but if 6th was coming in July, that would be the most likely date.

Unless Cataclysm is a club event that I hadn't heard about?

Re: July 40K Events at Warhammer World - possible 6th Edition launch weekend?

14/07 has already been mentioned by other sources, so it seems likely. I still think it's odd since it's the French national holiday, and France is quite a big market.

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Dimetrius View Post
    14/07 has already been mentioned by other sources, so it seems likely. I still think it's odd since it's the French national holiday, and France is quite a big market.
    But it's nothing for the two largest markets, Great Britain and the US.

Quote Originally Posted by Droma View Post
    But it's nothing for the two largest markets, Great Britain and the US.
    Good find. This seems to corroborate with what we've heard already, and would seem to solidify 2012/07/14 as the release even more than before. Thanks!

Back to stalking Kylie .. philbrad2's Avatar
    Aiding the scum of the (40K) universe... STILL!

Ooooh a Design studio open day cool these have been good events in the past, drop that one in my diary

PhilB

Chapter Master

Cataclysm, eh? Good omens all around then.
    Science without violence is...
    boring.

Quote Originally Posted by philbrad2 View Post
    Ooooh a Design studio open day cool these have been good events in the past, drop that one in my diary

PhilB
    Good to knopw warseer's best journalist will be there.

I'm looking forward to april firsts pictures from forgeworld, they know how to create a hype, and Mr philbrad2 takes nice pictures too.
    Quote Originally Posted by brimstone View Post
    Well my IQ has been lowered after reading this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Pretty sure its Rabbit this year.
    Warhammer Armies : Rabbits!

Quote Originally Posted by philbrad2 View Post

PhilB
    I'll see you there.

Quote Originally Posted by StraightSilver View Post
    Hi everybody,

This may be absolutely nothing, but Warhammer World have just posted up their events calendar for the year ahead and a couple of things in July took my eye.

http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_...r_07.03.12.pdf

Most rumours point to 6th Edition coming at some point in July, and on Saturday the 14th July there is a new art exhibition commencing, along with a Design Studio Open Day and an event the following day called 40K Cataclysm.

Purely speculation on my part but if 6th was coming in July, that would be the most likely date.
    I would expect the rule book to be released before this.

In the past I have already had my special edition rule books and been able to turn up to this event with them to get them signed.
    Founding father of J.A.D.E.D. Jerks Against Directors Extraordinary Decisions.
    My Project Log "This week I have mostly been painting ...."
    My other log of Vintage stuff: "A Blast from the Past"
    You might also like: "'Ere be Giants"

Warhammer 40k Cataclysm. Deathwing roaming the galaxy causing all kinds of havoc!

Huzzah relevant WoW reference.

Well, I just looked up the dictionary definition of Cataclysm:

1. A violent upheaval that causes great destruction or brings about a fundamental change.

Could be a clue?

Quote Originally Posted by Fluxeor View Post
    Warhammer 40k Cataclysm. Deathwing roaming the galaxy causing all kinds of havoc!

Huzzah relevant WoW reference.
    As a Dark Angels player, I hope that rings more true than you know.

Thank for posting. This is incredibly exciting!

Also: major plot advancement would be amazing but I won't hold my breath.

On a side note, what does the Studio Open Day contain? I'm considering I could take a vacation around that date and if it's interesting, might fly to UK.

Very cool. To those of you going, please take pictures--in addition to any new products and neat displays, it'd be nice to put some faces to names of not only staff but also to some forumites.
    --Kyn

Armies: Waaagh! Žursblóš, Hivefleet Orochi

Back to stalking Kylie .. philbrad2's Avatar
    Aiding the scum of the (40K) universe... STILL!

Quote Originally Posted by suprememidgetoverlord View Post
    Good to knopw warseer's best journalist will be there.

I'm looking forward to April firsts pictures from forgeworld, they know how to create a hype, and Mr philbrad2 takes nice pictures too.
    Praise like that will get you anywhere And yes I will be reporting from the FW open day at the start of April too

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    I'll see you there.
    I'll hunt you down ... going to the FW open day 'H' ?

Quote Originally Posted by prowla View Post
    On a side note, what does the Studio Open Day contain? I'm considering I could take a vacation around that date and if it's interesting, might fly to UK.
    The first one if I remember correctly was was around the time 5th ed emerged and there were pages for the then unreleased Codex: SM on display then. Whether in the light of keeping thing VERY close to their chests recently I do wonder what if any new stuff GW will put on show. Layout was very much like the studio areas at UKGD if you've ever been booths for the design team, WD, 'Eavy Metal guys etc... I wasn't expecting much from the first one. Second was the emergence of the IG codex and new models in 2008(?) again a good day including seminars during the day mainly talking about the new IG. For the sake of 120 miles diesel for myself its well worth going if you can.

PhilB
    Last edited by philbrad2; 09-03-2012 at 19:55.

i will be at the forgeworld open day too, looking forward to it

Chapter Master

Another FW Open Day attendee here.

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Dimetrius View Post
    I suppose it's the third biggest market in the world after the UK and the US, unless I'm vastly underestimating Germany. Anyway 14/07 is a Saturday, all independent retailers will be open. Maybe GW shops will be closed (I highly doubt it, French have to chose one holiday per year to be a worked day instead, so GW will probably just ask their employees to chose that day to be the one), but anyway there are something like 40 of them vs 350 independent retailers in that country so whatever happen the 6th Edition shall be easily available at launch.
    Last edited by Archibald_TK; 10-03-2012 at 19:12.
    Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it's a miniature gallery!