Page 1 of 88 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread: Reaper Miniatures: Bones

Reaper Miniatures: Bones

So Reaper has just launched a new line of plastic minis:
    http://www.reapermini.com/
    Handy little video there on the first page.
    The sculpts are the same as from their pre-painted Legendary Encounters range, which in turn are the same as the metal Dark Heaven Legends/Warlord sculpts.
    Apparently they're ready to paint straight out of the blister with no primer, which is interesting. Oh, and they're also REALLY REALLY CHEAP. Like, $2 each for characters. And at $3.50ish for the six pack of Kobolds, I might be starting a Kobold army very soon.
    Hope this takes off well, they look set to put Finecast thoroughly to shame.

Re: Reaper Miniatures: Bones

I've always had a very big fondness of Reaper, my only problem being I can't really find them in stores here in Holland. This news has only increased my fondness.
    The Daniel36 Chronicles - My NEW Project Log

Eat - Sleep - Paint - Repeat

I hope they start doing this with some warlord mini's. I could really use a fantasy snakeman army anytime soon now.
    Tyger Tyger. burning bright,
    In the forests of the night:
    What immortal hand or eye,
    Could frame thy fearful symmetry?

Quote Originally Posted by Darwin_green View Post
    I hope they start doing this with some warlord mini's. I could really use a fantasy snakeman army anytime soon now.
    That would be sweet - a lot of really nice minis in Warlord.

I think they started with the same ones that have already been through the pre-painted plastic route because they've allready got plastic-ready moulds for them - it's just a matter of using a different material.

Already placed an order.
    Purple worm, werewolf, ogre ... there are some nice minis there from some big names .... also ....
    Anyone ready to knock out minis of that quality at that price deserves some encouragement.
    Founding father of J.A.D.E.D. Jerks Against Directors Extraordinary Decisions.
    My Project Log "This week I have mostly been painting ...."
    My other log of Vintage stuff: "A Blast from the Past"
    You might also like: "'Ere be Giants"

Chapter Master

A very nice range release, I know I'll be picking up that Ogre Chieftain along with some others the next time I make a order with Reaper (I tend to waiting until there's a whole bunch of stuff since it helps on shipping internationally to the UK).
    Grey Knights: W13 L9 D10
    Dark Angels: W28 L16 D27
    Death/Ravenwing: W17 L11 D6
    Tyranids: W17 L10 D9
    Goff Orks W41 L9 D11
    Imperial Guard W14 L7 D8
    Since January 2008

Quote Originally Posted by LonelyPath View Post
    A very nice range release, I know I'll be picking up that Ogre Chieftain along with some others the next time I make a order with Reaper (I tend to waiting until there's a whole bunch of stuff since it helps on shipping internationally to the UK).
    Miniature Heroes is your baby.
    Taking orders now.
    Founding father of J.A.D.E.D. Jerks Against Directors Extraordinary Decisions.
    My Project Log "This week I have mostly been painting ...."
    My other log of Vintage stuff: "A Blast from the Past"
    You might also like: "'Ere be Giants"

I second that. Tim at Miniature Heroes is extremely good at stocking the best of Reaper and, if you want a mini that he doesn't have in stock, he'll add it to his next order for you. He's gone far out of his way for me on more that one occasion just to course one or two minis. He also stocks the Master Series paints.

R.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Miniature Heroes is your baby.
    Taking orders now.
    Thanks, I've spent all week looking for a place to buy some Reaper stuff.

theres a review here http://www.playunplugged.com/2012/03...-reaper-bones/, says its rigid plastic too, so it seems like its not the bendy pre paint plastic

Brother Sergeant

All I can say that the reaper miniatures is an awesome company for offering this good sculpt for this cheap price! Also, pre prime :O

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbatron View Post
    theres a review here http://www.playunplugged.com/2012/03...-reaper-bones/, says its rigid plastic too, so it seems like its not the bendy pre paint plastic
    This is definitely looking good. I can't wait to see their bones-specific sculpts.

Quote Originally Posted by lbecks View Post
    This is definitely looking good. I can't wait to see their bones-specific sculpts.
    That would be these.

They do look good. Will probably order at least those two so I can see the properties of the Bones line for myself, since there appears to be conflicting info coming from Reaper and that reviewer.

The wizard looks nice. What's the conflicting info?

well the review says its rigid plastic, but the info from reaper is its the same as their prepaints, which is a bit "bendy" for want of a better description !

Those new sculpts look great. Any info on what these will cost yet?
    I'd like to try these out and see what the material is like.
    EmperorNorton's Overabundance of Projects Log

2012 Minis bought: 363 - - - Minis painted: 373
    2013 Minis bought: 1060 - - - Minis painted: 210
    2014 Minis bought: 619 - - - Minis painted: 63

No word on a release date or price for those two mini's.

I'm guessing, uninformed opinion here, that Reaper will want to release them prior to their annual convention, Reapercon, which takes place in just over 8 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbatron View Post
    well the review says its rigid plastic, but the info from reaper is its the same as their prepaints, which is a bit "bendy" for want of a better description !
    Reaper didn't say that the material is the same as the prepaints. They said they used the same molds as the pre paints but filled it with bones polymer material.

Quote Originally Posted by lbecks View Post
    Reaper didn't say that the material is the same as the prepaints. They said they used the same molds as the pre paints but filled it with bones polymer material.
    Reaper has said it's the same material as their prepaints.

If you go over to the official forums on the Reaper site, and read the "Dem Bones thread", you'll find that's exactly what they said.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsc Zacal View Post
    Reaper has said it's the same material as their prepaints.

If you go over to the official forums on the Reaper site, and read the "Dem Bones thread", you'll find that's exactly what they said.
    Weird. Reaperbryan says it is on that thread but EdPugh (owner of reaper) on Frothers Unite said this. I'm inclined to believe Ed because he talked about sourcing a factory in China and if it was just unpainted LE's why would they need to go to the trouble of finding a factory:

I'll try to catch all of the questions so far here in one reply.

1)Yes they are injected plastic.

2) They are the same molds used on our prepainted pieces but not the same material.

3) Pre paints are selling very well. This is not a replacement for that line.

4) Next week we will release information on the next releases. You will see models new to Reaper for this line as well as models from the prepainted line. Tooling is too expensive to let sit idle.

5) Every bit of the detail in the metal version is there. These are injected on a 200 ton machine.

6) These are flexible models, not brittle styrene. Our intention is to continue to provide models with as few pieces as possible like we have always done. Not small model kits.

More as it comes out of the spin wash...

Page 1 of 88 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast