Thread: Vadskærs models - from Marines to IG to Eldar to....whatever fancies my paintbrush

Scout

Vadskærs models - from Marines to IG to Eldar to....whatever fancies my paintbrush

Hi there and good evening!

Welcome to my painting blog which I've finally decided to get started. I've maintained a blog over at Bolterandchainsword for some three years, but since my painting is no longer limited to Marine models, I decided the time was right for a new start.

A bit about me: I'm 30 years old and have been painting Warhammer and Warhammer 40k models since 2008. In my teen years I painted a lot of World War II era models, mainly from Tamiya, Hasegawa and a lot of Verlinden models - where I got my first knowledge about working with resin (although an extremely dense variant).

I paint for pleasure, stress relief and I strive to make each model I make better than the last. I don't attempt to do Table Top quality, but some of my earlier models might very well be described as such. I aim for quality, perfection and consistency. I strive to paint in the 'Eavy Metal style and to achieve that level of quality.

I have a quite busy day-to-day schedule so sometimes I don't get as much time with my brush as I would like. I'm working on changing this now and strive to paint at least a little each day.

Just to get you started, here's to pictures of a couple of Marines. The red one is quite old, from 2009, whilst the Ultramarine is a couple of weeks old - just to showcase the difference and development.

I expect this blog to be updated regularly with either pictures of past projects and WIP of whatever I'm painting at the moment. There will be a multitude of races, formats and models presented.

I very much would like this blog to become one where you, the reader, can make constructive criticism and voice ideas for improvement. Thereby I hope to learn and become a better painter. If I can assist some of you in regards to how to paint or paint schemes, I would be happy to do so.

That's all for me now - here's a couple of pics to get this thread started.

/vadskær
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	med_gallery_37571_3423_29826.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	17.9 KB 
ID:	134993   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6721.JPG 
Views:	67 
Size:	135.8 KB 
ID:	134992  

Re: Vadskærs models - from Marines to IG to Eldar to....whatever fancies my paintbrus

You're a fantastic painter. The Ultramarine is amazingly painted; very detailed!

I look forward to seeing more of your log!

Re: Vadskærs models - from Marines to IG to Eldar to....whatever fancies my paintbrus

I also like the Ultramarine! You did a great job painting him!