Thread: Vostroyans during the Heresy

Utumno Prime, Throne World of the Iron Warriors 13th

Vostroyans during the Heresy

So I know that the penitent nature of the Vostroyran Firstborn regiments in "modern" 40k stems from Vostroya's refusal to raise more regiments to support the Emperor during the Heresy, but is their any information regarding already active regiments of Vostroyans pre-heresy or during it? Thanks in advance!
    "From iron cometh strength! From strength cometh will! From will cometh faith! From faith cometh honour! From honour cometh iron!"
    —Unbreakable Litany of the Iron Warriors Traitor Legion

My Horus Heresy Iron Warriors Plog

Iron Warriors 13th Horus Heresy List - Win:22 Loss:6 Draw:1 (Since August, 2013)

Get a tustom citle 'ere! blackcherry's Avatar

Re: Vostroyans during the Heresy

None that I can think of. As they were an army created for a campaign(and to drive sales of new models GW had made) they haven't really been fleshed out. Perhaps if the person whos pet project they were is put in charge of writing some background it could happen.

As it is, they are just another broadly defined army in the 40k 'verse.
    Quote Originally Posted by outbreak View Post
    I always thought the dwarfs fit well as the rugged stoic Brokeback Mountain type homosexual race of Warhammer. It explains why they're not reproducing as much too. On the outside their all gruff and hard but on the inside their just cuddly bears looking to be loved.
    I now have a sale on. Come get your models for cheap! Blackcherrys Sale Thread

Not 100% true, BL has a Vostroyan novel which gives some great info on the Firstborn, and they seem to be a favorite of some GWartists as exemplified by the cover of Battle missions. Additionally the BL cain audiobook has Vossies in it.

What i am getting is there is a suprising ammount of Vostroyan fluff floating around, nothing pre heresy i am afraid op.
    Mat Ward Fact #1432- To appease the few wargamers dissatisfied with his work, Mat Ward has used his own money to set up a help-line for them to call. Please dial 1-800-WHOGIVESA****

Guild up to join the Mat Ward Defence League!

Like Heresy Era Marines? Like Blood Angels? Check out my Heresy era Blood Angels log.

Battle-barge Spear of Lycaeus of the Sons of Corax 2nd Company

Which novel is this?
    My 40k/Writing/Review blog - Sons of Corax Full list of my novel, comics, and audio drama reviews - Reviews. New review on 11/8/2013 is for Death of Antagonis by David Annandale.

My current fiction projects - Dharmayoddha, an Indian-mythology inspired urban fantasy set in Mumbai, India; Hammer of Shadows - a Euro-medieval epic fantasy with knights, gladiators and ancient relics; Cloak of Secrecy - a Norse-mythology inspired space opera.

Veteran Sergeant Commissar Goddard's Avatar

The Vostroyan novel is Rebel Winter, not too bad. Could of done with being longer i thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Commissar Goddard View Post
    The Vostroyan novel is Rebel Winter, not too bad. Could of done with being longer i thought.
    Yeap that is the one, wasn't half bad either.
    Mat Ward Fact #1432- To appease the few wargamers dissatisfied with his work, Mat Ward has used his own money to set up a help-line for them to call. Please dial 1-800-WHOGIVESA****

Guild up to join the Mat Ward Defence League!

Like Heresy Era Marines? Like Blood Angels? Check out my Heresy era Blood Angels log.

I was looking for some info on this too in relation to my Zaporich Streltsy, the Vostroyan's superstitious, Ecclesiarch-following cousins that carry Eastern Orthodox icon style banners of the Emperor and Saints into battle.
    It does seem to be the case that as they were created for the Fall of Medusa campaign they've not been fleshed out yet, I must admit I kind of like that as there's more room to be creative. I've not read Rebel Winter, will have to get hold of that one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baaltor View Post
    Selfishness and evil don't make a chaos space marine, they didn't turn to chaos because they decided stapling babies to their heads was cool.
    Proud fluffbunny - Playing 40k for 17 years (not in one sitting)

Utumno Prime, Throne World of the Iron Warriors 13th

Thanks for the info guys, I'll have to look into those background sources.
    "From iron cometh strength! From strength cometh will! From will cometh faith! From faith cometh honour! From honour cometh iron!"
    —Unbreakable Litany of the Iron Warriors Traitor Legion

My Horus Heresy Iron Warriors Plog

Iron Warriors 13th Horus Heresy List - Win:22 Loss:6 Draw:1 (Since August, 2013)

I know that they figured that producing more ammo and guns was of greater import than raising new regiments so they didn't send any additional men. I don't know of any sources with the pre heresy vostroyans though, sorry

don't know about the Vostroyans themselves being in the heresy, but in the Horus heresy book Legion there's a group in the imperial army called the Geno Five-two Chilliad who are very similiar looking. the first page of the book shows ablack and white picture of them and they look very similiar to the Vostroyans.

I like the idea that it's a propaganda myth planted by the Adeptus or the Techtriarchy to get more troops from Vostroya. It's been ten thousand years and probably can't be proven either way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archangel_Ruined View Post
    ...the deepest, darkest recesses of an orks soul, their biggest existential crisis if you will, is concerned solely with the dilema of whether to hit someone when they're looking or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Clock View Post
    I feel all war and good inside.

Quote Originally Posted by Khorne Flakes View Post
    don't know about the Vostroyans themselves being in the heresy, but in the Horus heresy book Legion there's a group in the imperial army called the Geno Five-two Chilliad who are very similiar looking. the first page of the book shows ablack and white picture of them and they look very similiar to the Vostroyans.
    Yeah but the Geno Five Two Chilliad were Terrans
    WAR IS PEACE
    FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
    IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH