Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: Forge World Newsletter #298 - Daemon Engine + Blast Doors + Event news

Re: Forge World Newsletter #298 - Daemon Engine + Blast Doors + Event news

Quote Originally Posted by Asher View Post
    Some people might find them silly but I love the exorbitant amount of tubes and wires on FW daemon engines (most notably khorne ones). Makes me wish other models like the defiler or obliterators would adopt that style. Hell, even normal CSM could look great with such design; a reminiscence of the RT-era models.
    I love those too! I look at my defiler and it feels all awkward and boxy...I think I'm going to convert a decimator to a defiler somehow! Just love the model!

I'm with you Asher, the Brass Scorpion in particular looks great with all that tubing down the back. I like the imagery of industrial tubing acting as muscles for the engine, kind of 'daemon-punk' if you will.
    I also think daemon engines would benefit a lot from having a sort of unified design principle, in the same way we hear about Tyranids all having 5 crest plates and 6 limbs. Each engine should look completely unique, as they do, but if they employed the same principles (chained hatches/boxes as a vessel for the daemon, cables etc.) then it would look like they all used the same technology. If that makes sense.
    Save the Whales!

Quote Originally Posted by unclejoe
    Also, if my mighty Damp Piece of Hay is good enough to kill a magically pumped up enemy, I might decide to stick with the soggy option.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkondak View Post
    Eating daemons might actually be a good idea. If what i hear about the new codex is correct, if you just cook them up with a can of lash spam, they should be cheesy and delicious.

Commander

I have been interested with a potential look for Daemon Engines, a mix with metallic armor plating with a bioengineering look as well could be interesting. A little similar constructs to the Space Jokeys architechure from the first Alien movie.
    Originally Posted by IJW
    "If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck... It's a demon, kill it! Kill it with fire!"

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Primus View Post
    I have been interested with a potential look for Daemon Engines, a mix with metallic armor plating with a bioengineering look as well could be interesting. A little similar constructs to the Space Jokeys architechure from the first Alien movie.
    i have used a talos/chronos kit as the basis for a small daemon engine for my khorne alligned forces, lots of biomechanical goodness on those sprues :P

Dunno if i should paint my engine wordbearers, thousand sons or wait for the next forgeworld book and paint it up like the tzeentch forces.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8