Thread: Ghost Stories

Ghost Stories

Somebody on here must have a good old ghost story or too. Personally, I am not a believer in spirts of the other world - but I do enjoy hearing peoples stories. My interest sparked when the other day at work the warehouse door opened and closed itself, a little spooky! Obviously it was to do with the aircon but hey, anybody got anyting interesting to share?
    Tabletop Miniatures Painting Service: www.greendragonpainting.co.uk/

Re: Ghost Stories

Lots and lots, but these sorts of threads tend to get... derailed and destroyed very quickly, even if they are only for fun.
    On the back of my bike at 180km/h you can be screaming your silly head off and all Im gonna hear is the wind and my own barking demons.

Chapter Master RunepriestRidcully's Avatar

Whilst never having had that sort of encounter, both my mum and her mum have.
    In my Nan's case, she was at her mum's house looking after her when one night she was about to go down some stairs when she stopped and saw Satan, an old white with brown eyes Alsatian who had been named by my grandad after an argument with the church and as part of his humor. Obviously, this made her stop, and it turned out that the carpet on the top stairs had become loose, and as these were narrow stairs, the likely fall would not have been.. pleasent.
    My mum's was when she was in holiday with her family when she was a little girl in the lake district (I think, can't remember that bit.) One night, she got up in the middle of the nigth to go to the bathroom (no on suites.) she saw an old lady, dressed entirely in grey as was her skin, drift across the landing, in the morning she mentioned it at breakfast and the owners mentioned it "oh, yeah, that's the ghost."
    Last edited by RunepriestRidcully; 21-03-2012 at 16:54.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeviantApostle View Post
    Most importantly, someone wasn't thinking of sales when they came up with Pink Horrors. How the hell are you going to sell PINK forces of evil outside Hello Kitty? In the Grim Dark future of the 41st milennium... horror is PINK. Yeah... sorry, doesn't work.
    Iyanden Eldar W:7 D:2 L:4 Thousand sonsW:5 Draws 4 Loss:6
    My blogs http://www.warseer.com/forums/showth...blog-of-Sci-fi
    http://www.warseer.com/forums/showth...rs-of-Tzeentch

Quote Originally Posted by New Cult King View Post
    Lots and lots, but these sorts of threads tend to get... derailed and destroyed very quickly, even if they are only for fun.
    True, they say the internet is built for arguing on. "Flaming" as its known, hopefully that doesn't happen here and we can all have a bit of fun.

Heh love the story ridcully, I stopped reading at the word Satan and leant back in my chair a little bit, continued to realize it was the dog's name =p well written
    Tabletop Miniatures Painting Service: www.greendragonpainting.co.uk/

I used to work in an office that was a converted terraced house. One day I was one of the last staff out and was just asked by the manager to make sure the computers upstairs were off. I went into what I presume would have once been the master bedroom and sitting in the chair in the corner was an old man. He did not look like a ghost or anything, just like an old man from the 1940-50s judging by his attire. I said "Hello," assumed he was friend of the manager or cleaner, both of whom were still around, down in the kitchen bit of the building. Then I went home. The next day I mentioned it to the manager and asked who his friend was. He said that he did not know who I was talking about and got quite angry asking me to describe the old man. I think he thought it may have been an intruder. Later in the day I asked the cleaning lady as she came in just before we closed up each day. She told me it sounded like the ghost to her. Apparently some old chap who used to own the house back during the war. She aid that he was just found dead in a chair in that corner by his daughter one day around the early 1950s. I never saw him again but never liked being alone in that part of the office after that.