Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Enders Chaos Dwarf P-log

Enders Chaos Dwarf P-log

Been awhile since I starte a new obsesive project...and I just got the 1 week (or so ) warning that lists are do for this large tourney I'm heading too. I had intended to go with the new Chaos Dwarves, but...many things were still in plastic bagies. So, crunching the numbers, Yikes! I need to get cracking. So I figure if I can get them all assembled for at least some playtesting and then get 2 units painted (not based) by the deadline, I will comit and run the fiesty little buggers. So I was gluing like mad last weekend and base coating...so here is what I got
    Hell Glaves Assmebled. These were so annoying. Assembling hell glaves must be one of the worst tass assigned to slaves in Azgoroth. The hands and elbows are all seperate, what a gluey mess my fingers were at the end.

Here is a blury shot of some old school plastics with new lids (helmits) to represent infernal guard. More of these better as I work on the helmits

war machines,

Hobgoblins

And here was the bigest project. A unit of Kdaai

Those are converted from Minotour bodies and Bloodcrusher bits

8 Days left until list submission...
    Last edited by Ender Shadowkin; 28-03-2012 at 03:43.

Commander

Re: Enders Chaos Dwarf P-log

Very interesting, I'll be keeping an eye on this one.

Cool! I like your K'daii concept.
    Plog of Jericho - Wood Elves, Daemons, Beastmen, CSM and Whatnot.

MD: You got a christmas gift?
    House: Yeah, 'cause I worship Santa. Or wait, is that Satan? I always get them mixed up.

Looks promising!
    And it's good to see some more chaos dwarf love out there!

Looks interesting so far, but I refuse to believe that these dudes are Chaos Stunties. Where are the hats?
    My blog, mostly about films...

An alternate name for Flesh Hounds? Khornedogs!

Quote Originally Posted by Satan View Post
    Cool! I like your K'daii concept.
    Thanks, and excellent, Its always great to Satan's approval on your demonic conversions

Quote Originally Posted by Hideous Loon View Post
    Looks interesting so far, but I refuse to believe that these dudes are Chaos Stunties. Where are the hats?
    They were naughty and had them taken away, lol. The Legion of Azgorath is actually kinda like a prison colony and the infernal guard have had their mask welded to their faces. Truth be told I have never really been a fan of the big hats, though I do have some of the older models that I will be using as demonsmiths with the big hats. It looks fine on them, IMHO.

Here are some more shots of the WIP Kdaai, Hopefully I can keep my paint brush from ***** them up

This guy is my favorite, reay to burry that axe right into someones face. If I get everything painted. I may go back and add flames on the weapons. I will paint all the fur like fire on these.

I was never a big fan of the minotaurs, but I think the torso is perfect for represent a demon encase in metal just about to explode.
    I'm going to paint flames in the muscle cracks, similar to the WIP destroyer I have in this picture (McFarlen Zodiac Warrior Taurus thingy that others have used as well)

I had to clip the legs off the Blood Crushers, and add some green stuff cloth, but that was not too hard. Also fliped the hooves on the other side of some of the blood crusher legs.
    Here they are base coated

Overall not too trickey of a conversion, I have parts to make 4 more, but as noted in the original post. I need to finish these ASAP!
    Last edited by Ender Shadowkin; 29-03-2012 at 00:37.

Really good job on those kdaii, think they look great, can't wait to see them painted

Made some Painting Progress on the Iron Demon.

Still a bunch more to to do on this guy, suprisingly not so bad to paint. I was annoyed when one of the smoke stacks was crooked after assembly. I'll have to snip it off and reglue.

Here is my WIP Destroyer
    So far I have just primed, inked and then painted the flames a month or so ago. Its far enough along for me to know I will stick with this scheme, but I have a lot of work to do on this guy.

Don't worry, he is not going to be shooting snot balls! Those will eventually be flames shooting out his snouts.

This is a Todd McFarlen toy (Zodic Taurus??) I have heard of a few people using it now. I first saw it here on this guys plog:
    http://lastchancewar.blogspot.com/20...destroyer.html
    His whole army is really nice.
    That model is a great stand in , and really helps out in the wallet department after getting a bunch of forege world stuff.

Didn't get a lot painting done the later part of last week, but here is the army setup for a practice game..

It was a super fun game against dark elves. I'm liking this list, especially comared to the typical squishy elves I run.

I have been busy this weekend! Hobgoblins up the wazoo... just a few more things to finish up and I'll post pics.

Well, list submission deadline was today and I went for it. I have just 1 unit completed, but got a lot of other painting done, so it looks possible… mostly…maybe… 4 weeks left.

I knocked this unit out over the weekend. 30 hobgoblins. This should be one of the toughest things to paint. Due to its large unit size and generally more detail then the other models.

I think its quite ironic that the cheapest unit I’m fielding will probably take by far the most time to paint. Bases aren’t done unit. Thinking of doing something light, ruble and dry/dead grass. I want to stay away from the standard lava bases…

hmm. Im going to need to drill out that horn
    Last edited by Ender Shadowkin; 05-04-2012 at 18:20.

I'm having trouble on how to paint the guns on the Hellglaves. Here are some testors:

Anyone have any sugestions?
    Please forgive the sloppy painting on these testors and the crappy photos. What is show there is a Muted Gold gone and lots of metalic bits, a black gun with grey highlights, and an all dark blue gune. Trying to lock in how to paint these dudes . . .

Looks great to me sir
    "just make the Base size reasonable:confused:" go go 100mm by 100mm!

"they cannot stop the signal-!"

thanks, any preference?

The Destroyer for sure-
    And I dig the hobgoblin shields.
    "just make the Base size reasonable:confused:" go go 100mm by 100mm!

"they cannot stop the signal-!"

It is always nice to see some chaos dwarfs. The mix of old and new is quite refreshing (even if I miss the big hats ) your kdaai looks nice but I think that the legs and feet are too thin and it looks like they would have a hard time balancing on these. The idea is great though and I think that beefing up the legs would be little work for a big reward

Keep it up
    Blogging with a grime crew @ http://codfishparings.blogspot.se/
    -Chaos - grime - grit and the rest of it

Librarian

Looks nice, will be interested to see the finished army as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Animerik View Post
    It is always nice to see some chaos dwarfs. The mix of old and new is quite refreshing (even if I miss the big hats ) your kdaai looks nice but I think that the legs and feet are too thin and it looks like they would have a hard time balancing on these. The idea is great though and I think that beefing up the legs would be little work for a big reward

Keep it up
    thanks for the feed back! Yeah I agree, particular the ones using the blood crusher front legs. But ... the fluff behind these guys is that they are about to explode, so the bulging Minotaur bodies might work if I paint it right, plus I'm not sure I have time ( but could for the next event). What were you thinking to bulk them up, some extra pistons, more leg parts?

My kids were on spring break so not much time for posting. I made a little progress, but hmm definetly not going to finishing adding layers to everying by the next tourney, but they should be OK, and then I can polish them up after that anyway.

I did finish all my conversion. Worked on the heads a bit and added more dredds to the Infernal Guard with Great weapons.

Added fire to the bases of all the K’daai.

Yeah no more big buggers on the Destroyer, now just need to paint them up

Pretty much finished these 40 shields:

Annoyingly enough all the Infernal Guard have shields, yet forgeworld does not send them with the Hellglaive models, also the old plastic warriors I got from ebay did not come with shields, so I ordered these from Scibor. They were two big for dwarves when I got them so I had to shave done all the sides, which wasn’t hard just time consuming.

All right, wish me luck, no much sleep in the schedule for the next couple of weeks, especially if I want to make that display board….

Castellan BSB.
    Here are some photos from my BSB conversion. I used the body from the infernal guard std bearer and a head from one of the crew. I bought 2 magma cannons and 2 death shriekers, but I can’s see myself ever fielding all 4, which means I have some extra crew I can chop up and not feel too guilty about.

Not sure what that head top bit on the standard is. I raided the bits box at the local game store and found it, adding on some Mino horns
    Last edited by Ender Shadowkin; 16-04-2012 at 18:15.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast