Thread: My next team

My next team

Hi all, I am looking at starting a new team and could use some suggestions to try something new. I am a long time Orc and chaos dwarf player. I also have dwarf and pro elf teams from tourney prizes and a beastman team. I am thinking something different but not too gimmicky. Oh and I have an all goblin team too. I prefer power teams ( just could not get my head around pro elves!) but a fast team would be a good challenge.

Thoughts
    Watching Tour de France in Australia = No sleep

Re: My next team

Skaven are probably the most different (without going to the really unique teams like Ogres, Vampires, Slann). Or if you wanted to stick more to the hitting play style, you could give Norse a go, lots of Frenzy and lighter armour compared to the Orc and Chaos Dwarf heavier armour.

Brother Sergeant

Yeah you have three bash (Chaos dwarfs sort of) teams, one running team and a stunty team. Skaven would be a different style. Humans have a lot of differences to your other teams as well.

Brother Sergeant

Perhaps Humans or dark elves, sometimes you bash sometimes you run, depending on which team you're facing and your skill choices.
    My Necrons

Bloodbowl is good for your nerves, gallery/plog coming soon.

I'd go Skaven.

Pro Elves are awesome. One of my favourite teams, Skaven are also great. Read my Wood Elf and Skaven playbook on this site. But ignore the other wood elf playbook because it is rubbish - http://www.plasmoids.dk/bbowl/LRB6Playbooks.htm

Go for skaven though, they are one of the best teams in the game so you shouldnt have much trouble getting to grips with them.

Thanks everyone. I will try Skaven as I can make a team using models from my fantasy army in production. I have committed to not using a rat ogre though. At least not to start with.

Brother Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by canberraguy View Post
    I have committed to not using a rat ogre though. At least not to start with.
    Why? It's one of the best BG in the game.
    My Necrons

Just a try something different

You get an extra 8 skills on the team for the same team value. Most Skaven teams never bothered with a Rat Ogre back in the days with the old wild animal rules. They can be very successful with or without one.

Having had a little bash with Skaven (without a Rat Ogre), I'm still unsure as to how much better they'd make the team. You can't get that many bodies on the pitch without one, so you'd hardly be losing out by taking one having one player with a greater chance of staying alive than usual, and Skaven linemen perform almost as well as positionals in sneaking and catching, plus you're tying up and KO-ing the opposition's players with the Rat Ogre where otherwise leaving you players in contact would be a disaster. Then again, it does seem pointless in a team where four Gutter Runners and a thrower can get a few TDs a half. The first team on Coach's BBtactics site seems to be the best I've seen.

One thing I'd say about Skaven is that it's easy to score with them, but very hard to keep the buggers on the pitch! I won my first game (with the list mentioned above) 6-0 (!), but only had four players to set up on the final drive and three on the pitch at the end after three player turns.

Brother Sergeant

I'd use the rat ogre to immobilize a couple of opponents thanks to it's tail thus limiting blocks against the rest of the team. Harder to do than with a krox but interesting still.
    My Necrons

Rat Ogres are a big pile of poo. They are the most over priced player in the game, and they are just as squishy as a human linemen. no dont get one, they stink. Your Blitzers on the other hand are killing machines. Once they get Mighty Blow, Pilling On and Claw they can smash teams to pieces in a way a rat ogre could only dream of.

Just started assembling my team from the new stormvermin kit.

Quote Originally Posted by Garion View Post
    Pro Elves are awesome. One of my favourite teams, Skaven are also great. Read my Wood Elf and Skaven playbook on this site. But ignore the other wood elf playbook because it is rubbish - http://www.plasmoids.dk/bbowl/LRB6Playbooks.htm

Go for skaven though, they are one of the best teams in the game so you shouldnt have much trouble getting to grips with them.
    I actually just read your Playbook. It was a big help and I wanted to say thanks.