Thread: The elven twins

Question The elven twins

LotR or WotR army list: LotR
    I want to make a list that has the twins in it@500pts, but I want them to be by themselves with all equipment accept horses(cause I don't have them on horseback) so that they can mostly harass the enemy and be annoying. But I don't know what else to take, so any advice? Preferably the list would have 2 more warbands but needs to be equal to 300pts(or I'll have to take away some equipment from the twins which,I don't want to do), and of course elven! I was thinking along the ligns of a stormcaller+rumil and as many galadhrim/wood elves I can fit.
    any thoughts?

This is meant to be a fun list and not competitive, just to play against my friend who is new.

EDIT:how about rumil+5GotGC+4galadhrim warriors with bow,and gimli+4iron guard?
    Last edited by Haldir77; 06-04-2012 at 04:59.

Re: The elven twins

Well i don't know anything about points in lotr sbg, because quite frankly i'm also new to this whole experience of sbg, but thinking tactically, you don't really want to be sending your main 2 heroes in alone on horse back...It's not very tactical, I don't know if you can do this point wise, but i would get a this;
    last alliance elves with spears mounted on horses maybe one with a banner, this would be you're HQ i suppose,
    2 small warbands of last alliance elves on foot aswell lead by captains, I don't know if it would be tactical but it would look pretty cool!

If i knew how the points system worked i could probably help you alot more.

Librarian

You want as many warriors per captain as you can get, and the best way to do that is to fill out the Twins' warband with regular warriors. Remember, in the SBG, you have to deploy warbands together, but they don't have to stay together. You could even have the other 11 models join another warband once they're on the field and leave the Twins to act as you see fit (1 of the twins is considered the captain, and the other the first of the warband's warriors, if I remember correctly.)

Quote Originally Posted by Peregrin View Post
    You want as many warriors per captain as you can get, and the best way to do that is to fill out the Twins' warband with regular warriors. Remember, in the SBG, you have to deploy warbands together, but they don't have to stay together. You could even have the other 11 models join another warband once they're on the field and leave the Twins to act as you see fit (1 of the twins is considered the captain, and the other the first of the warband's warriors, if I remember correctly.)
    True but this list is mostly just to show of what some rare type units can do. It is also supposed to be a challenge myself as the only time I'll use it is against my friend who just started to play and has little experience.
    Though you make good points and I'll consider it when making a more competitive list with the twins.
    something like
    -twins+3HEW with spear/shield+4HEW with elf bows+4HEW with elven blade
    haldir+12galadhrim warriors
    around that?
    this is also limited based on what high elf warriors I own.

Librarian

Ok. You definitely need to take all of that into consideration when team building.