Major update time!
As you may have noticed, the board itself is finished (and had it's first game on Monday). Due to time and weather (lack of decent light) I haven't managed to get round to taking some pics of what the boards are like so ouila:
I admit, they aren't the most exciting but I think it brings out of the most of the terrain such as my rock pillars:
I'm pretty happy how these turned out in the end, especially the algae growth on the underhangs! Unfortunately my supply of slate is running a tad low and I'm not able to get as much coverage as I would like. I will go back to it at some point and add some more (this tends to happen with a lot of my figures/movement trays as bits seem to constantly fall off through handling).
This was a joy to paint once I got into it, I thought I had ruined it at one point by using the wrong wash on the stone steps but I managed to pull them off I think. This thing was bought way before the board and has spend a fair while at my gaming club but I thought it was a good centre piece for the board - indeed it will be in the next couple of weeks as my friend and I start the Tamurkhan campaign and will be playing the "Altar of Battle" scenario.
I'm having a rest on the project for a week before I take 10 days holiday. By the end of that I hope I will have a proper building to show you!
Cheers for looking!