Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Harry's Quest

Re: Harry's Quest

Quote Originally Posted by benvoliothefirst View Post
    Very excited to see you joining the new renaissance of WHQ Harry!
    There does seem to be a bit of a wave of interest just at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Caiphas Cain View Post
    Sweet, another log!

One day, when I find a hero/warhammer quest that's not insanely expensive, I'll buy it! Damn my youth!
    Good luck with that.
    Gave my last spare to a mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Karak Norn Clansman View Post
    Great stuff as always, but shouldn't you give the metal skeletons shields? I like these old model logs, and I have to take my hat off for you Harry, since you have managed to paint the blocky toy 5th edition wolfs in a way that actually make them look fine.

That paint scheme for the Tomb Guards remind me of the excellent Barrow Wight Lotr minis: http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/ca...d=prod1500565a I recommend them for any Undead buff.

Oh, I didn't notice the first time I looked, but the Tomb Guardian appears to do some weighlifting.
    Can't settle on which shields to use.
    I started with the wolves when I first started my plog they were the first thing i painted. My painting has come on a bit since I painted those ... i am not very happy with them anymore ... but got to move on.
    Love those barrow wight minis.

Quote Originally Posted by orlanth1000 View Post
    Could you hurry up and start please?

the Welsh Rugby team will take care of itself
    X which makes a change from there usual ability to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

Quote Originally Posted by Necanthrope View Post
    When I noticed you posting in the WHQ section, I knew it was only a mater of time before you started a project log. The lure of quest is potent indeed. Welcome aboard Harry, can't wait to see where you go with this.
    I tried to resist ... but here I am starting ANOTHER log.

Quote Originally Posted by MOMUS View Post
    How do you intend to create the dungeon? I may have an idea...
    Super, secret, special surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplebeard View Post
    Harry, you have so much stuff assembled and finished already. <sigh>
    It was an accident ... it's not my fault.

Anyway got some pictures sorted.
    Founding father of J.A.D.E.D. Jerks Against Directors Extraordinary Decisions.
    My Project Log "This week I have mostly been painting ...."
    My other log of Vintage stuff: "A Blast from the Past"
    You might also like: "'Ere be Giants"

So I guess the obvious place to start is with my 4 heroes

Now if you have been following my 'Blast from the past' log you know I have painted up these four guys from the earliest days of Citadel.

Hard to beat these wonderful old minis so those would do nicely however these next minis are some of my favorites minis of all time that I will be painting up to represent my heroes.

This is one of my favorite wizards ... just one of a whole bunch of vintage Wizards Citadel made:

The first Dwarf is hard to beat but this is one of my favorite Dwarves of all time. He fits my image of a Dwarf perfectly.

Then my favorite Elf of all time is this classic from the 5th edition:

The Barbarian is a tougher call ... I will need another post because of the picture limit.
    Last edited by Harry; 06-04-2012 at 22:31.

This is my favorite Citadel Barbarian: (quite an early C01 fighter)
    As you can see I have made a start on him.

But I love the Barbarian types ... So I have a few different options ... I blame it on seeing Conan at the cinema when i was just a boy.

These two are from other manufacturers ... not sure I can even remember which ... but they are great minis.

Finally I have my favorite Slayer of all time.
    I just love the come on then if you think you're 'ard enough pose.
    The left hand is a conversion.

Last edited by Harry; 06-04-2012 at 22:41.

In other news .....

here are some 5th edition metal rats cleaned up based and undercoated all ready to go:

Some metal bats I ... I made a start on these:

Some more of the plastic spiders I have half finished from ages ago to base up individually:

and some snotlings ... these are a selection of the Marauder ones:

My aim is to have painted all of this lot over the easter weekend.
    Wish me luck.

Chaplain

You're off to a storming start Harry. Love the Barbarians, they'll look great. Got any plans for the other warriors?

Quote Originally Posted by Necanthrope View Post
    You're off to a storming start Harry. Love the Barbarians, they'll look great. Got any plans for the other warriors?
    Longer term sure ... I have all the character packs with the official minis.
    .... but for now I will just be starting with the first 4 and the Dwarf Slayer

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Super, secret, special surprise.
    I hope it involves a laZOR....

Quote Originally Posted by Doi View Post
    Knowing MOMUS I would guess something dirty and/or depraved.
    Or conning you into making a giant-sized Slann.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Inquisitor View Post
    That was pretty epic, MOMUS.

Top stuff with the old school miniatures. All the pieces I grew up coveting as a lad. We actually like exactly the same Wood Elf figure; which I too recetnly acquired a week back. It is a gorgeous figure and one that will challenge my painting.. an entire cloak of leaves.. so many options for seasonal ideas.

Great beginnings with figures from the past.. love that wizard.. any idea who was sculpting for Citadel at this point?
    [Eastern Empire] [The Scythes] [Warhammer Quest]
    Tau, Marines and Warhammer Quest Adventures.

Both those Dwarf models are pure brilliance. Like you say, I too feel they are the perfect image of what Dwarfs are (or at least were, in simpler times) about. Absolutely lovely models. But I will tell you, your painted Dwarf I feel is a nicer model than the other one, but that's a matter of taste, I am sure.
    The Daniel36 Chronicles - My NEW Project Log

Eat - Sleep - Paint - Repeat

Quote Originally Posted by MOMUS View Post
    I hope it involves a laZOR....

Quote Originally Posted by Shas'El Tael View Post
    Top stuff with the old school miniatures. All the pieces I grew up coveting as a lad. We actually like exactly the same Wood Elf figure; which I too recetnly acquired a week back. It is a gorgeous figure and one that will challenge my painting.. an entire cloak of leaves.. so many options for seasonal ideas.

Great beginnings with figures from the past.. love that wizard.. any idea who was sculpting for Citadel at this point?
    I was going to go with green and a quick wash of Devlan mud.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel36 View Post
    Both those Dwarf models are pure brilliance. Like you say, I too feel they are the perfect image of what Dwarfs are (or at least were, in simpler times) about. Absolutely lovely models. But I will tell you, your painted Dwarf I feel is a nicer model than the other one, but that's a matter of taste, I am sure.
    Both classics. But there are loads of those old dwarves I like, It was the dwarves that started my collecting bug. I wanted them all. Wouldn't like to pick any one.

So I got a whole bunch of stuff painted over the weekend.

I painted the rats, the bats, the spiders and the Snotlings and started into a bunch of other stuff.... some squigs, some skeletons with bows and some ghouls. No picture yet because I need to do the bases on all of these. But I am cracking on.

More exciting I played my first game with my 9 year old boy as the wizard, my 7 year old girl as the elf and their two, cousins who were staying with us over Easter, as the barbarian and the wizard. I was DM .... happy days.

I'll try and get the bases done at the weekend and get the pictures up.

Marine

What is it with WHQ and old miniatures? I'm not knocking it, I'm exactly the same - dusting off old models that I would never dream of including in a warhammer army and proudly using them in Quest. I don't know if it's just the age of the game, but it just feels right.
    I even find I'm painting them in a bolder style than I normally use. I caught myself blacklining a chaos warrior the other day.

Another spiffing 'Quest plog, I'm quite excited about all this recent interest in GWs finest ever game!
    Best of luck with your project, your painting makes me sick with envy. You shall have a fine looking set of monsters worthy of smiting.

I can't wait for my little 'un to be big enough to to play.

Quote Originally Posted by 75hastings69 View Post
    (chants) Harry, Harry, Harry!!
    *joins the chant*

I guess you can trust harry to come up with cool projects. I'm especially looking forward to how you're doing the dungeon. Make sure you put a link to this in your signature!

Quote Originally Posted by Butch1973 View Post
    What is it with WHQ and old miniatures? I'm not knocking it, I'm exactly the same - dusting off old models that I would never dream of including in a warhammer army and proudly using them in Quest. I don't know if it's just the age of the game, but it just feels right.
    I even find I'm painting them in a bolder style than I normally use. I caught myself blacklining a chaos warrior the other day.
    I Guess it is partly because due to scale creep you can't use lots of models in a fantasy army but you can get away with it in a dungeon bash. ... and yes, you do seem to be able to get away with an old skool painting style too.

Quote Originally Posted by EldritchGamer View Post
    Another spiffing 'Quest plog, I'm quite excited about all this recent interest in GWs finest ever game!
    Best of luck with your project, your painting makes me sick with envy. You shall have a fine looking set of monsters worthy of smiting.

I can't wait for my little 'un to be big enough to to play.
    Thanks.
    It is an odd feeling playing with my boy. I discovered D&D all on my own. I had to work it out. I sometimes wonder if I am going to take something away from him by introducing him to the games and explaining it all. I hope I don't take anything away from the voyage of discovery.

Quote Originally Posted by sigur View Post
    *joins the chant*

I guess you can trust harry to come up with cool projects. I'm especially looking forward to how you're doing the dungeon. Make sure you put a link to this in your signature!
    LOL fancy seeing you here.

OK I have some pictures .... hold on.

Not done the bases on the rats yet ... but I have done the rest.
    All the painting is done but they need static grass to finish them off.
    (I was running out of daylight .... If I had done the grass you wouldn't have got any pictures till next weekend)

Here are the bats.

Not done the bases on the rats yet ... but I have done the rest.
    All the painting is done but they need static grass to finish them off.
    (I was running out of daylight .... If I had done the grass you wouldn't have got any pictures till next weekend)

Here are the bats.

The spiders :

OK that was just the bases ... Here are the spiders:

Somehow I only did 10 bases ... But I did the 12 spiders so just need to knock up a couple more bases.

Brother Sergeant

OOOOOoooooo - love those bats! Those spiders look great as well!

My favorites .... the snotlings :

... and some more:

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast