Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: New: Blood Vestals from Raging Heroes

Happyland, in a gumdrop house on Lollipop Lane

Re: New: Blood Vestals from Raging Heroes

Old news, and already discussed in the appropiate forum.
    This is the war-ravaged world of Warhammer, and there's only WAR!... and hammers.

Undenyably sexy models. I would use these in a heartbeat if I didn't normally play in a GW.

Chapter Master

Nice models.
    I hope GW sues them.
    Quote Originally Posted by The bearded one View Post
    additionally the new daemon book is like a pox you wouldn't even wish on your worst adversary
    Batreps and Painting

Why?
    You got something against competition, or just small companies trying to compete with large multinational conglomarates?
    Tell us where GW copyrighted "Blood Vestals"?
    Bottom line, these make the majority of GW's efforts look pathetic in comparison.
    Tuatha

Chapter Master

... *aah*-I should have added a smiley or something..
    This actually serves GW 'just right' for still not having put out Plastic WitchElves.
    additionally the new daemon book is like a pox you wouldn't even wish on your worst adversary
    Batreps and Painting

They are very nice.

Very pretty models, but I really wish the talented guys who make them would come up with their own concepts, just for variations sake...
    A Loving God is Still a Master

Quote Originally Posted by DaemonReign View Post
    ... *aah*-I should have added a smiley or something..
    This actually serves GW 'just right' for still not having put out Plastic WitchElves.
    Sorry, silly response on my part, far too "strident". Please accept my apologies.

Tuatha

Chapter Master

Quote Originally Posted by Tuatha Dar View Post
    Sorry, silly response on my part, far too "strident". Please accept my apologies.
    No worries!
    .. in fact, I think your response was rather adequate given that the comedy of my post wasn't exactly crystal.
    Batreps and Painting

I think one of the main issues here is that GW's high prices are giving room to their competition, on either a price front (Mantic), a quality front (Titan Forge or Raging Heroes) or both (see Avatars of War Dwarf Bezerkers. I can't see GW beating these on quality and price ever.)

GW can price its products however it wants. But it can open itself up to competition, such as these Blood Vestals. If I played Dark Elves I'd be all over these, they're fantastic. And since I'm in NZ, GW charges an arm, leg and major organ for its products, making these Vestals even cheaper than GW ones.

Well, when GW produce Witch Elf multi-part plastics they will be ten for twenty five pounds or probably 81NZD compared to thirty two pounds and around 63NZD (+ shipping) for the Blood Vestals. For that price difference you are getting ten poseable, customisable easy to convert plastics instead of ten admittedly beautiful monopose metal miniatures. Don't get me wrong, I'm eagerly awaiting a ridiculous amount of Blood Vestals but if GW produce a decent looking kit there is no reason to assume it won't compete with these.

No question that GW antipodean prices are obscene.
    In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only British.
    Actual (alleged) girl. Alpha Female.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jes Goodwin
    They breed more anyway, its a pretty rough place, Commoragh, there's a lot of it going off.

I'll have to keep an eye out for those, there is a store an hours drive that stocks mantic games, avatars of war etc an hour away from me, they might be getting these.

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Well, when GW produce Witch Elf multi-part plastics they will be ten for twenty five pounds or probably 81NZD compared to thirty two pounds and around 63NZD (+ shipping) for the Blood Vestals. For that price difference you are getting ten poseable, customisable easy to convert plastics instead of ten admittedly beautiful monopose metal miniatures. Don't get me wrong, I'm eagerly awaiting a ridiculous amount of Blood Vestals but if GW produce a decent looking kit there is no reason to assume it won't compete with these.

No question that GW antipodean prices are obscene.
    I'm sure that when GW do *eventually* release plastic Witch Elves, they will be spectacular in customization (and more than likely design), but terrible in relative pricing.

That being said, if they are competitive, I'll simply have lots and lots of varying Witch Elves available to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Ultra View Post
    Old news, and already discussed in the appropiate forum.
    Ops, sorry, I didn't know about this sub-forum. I'll keep an eye on it for more interesting alternative releases

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I'm eagerly awaiting a ridiculous amount of Blood Vestals but if GW produce a decent looking kit there is no reason to assume it won't compete with these.
    G'day eldargal,

I'm not saying that GW have priced themselves out of the market. But they have opened up a lot of space to other companies to compete with them. The Australia/NZ pricing policy simply makes that space even bigger. Would Raging Heroes have been able to sell their Blood Vestals at this price if GW price rises in recent years had been more in line with CPI and materials increases? Could they have developed them at all?

It's definitely not a bad thing for us as players and modellers though. Avatars of War in particular have got my full attention. If only they'd do a regiment of armoured Dwarves, to match their fantastic Bezerkers/Slayers.

Actually I don't think its about price at all. Its the fact its been so long since the GW models were made, and no likelihood of new ones coming. Hence people get their fix elsewhere. Will the GW versions be better or worse, who knows? One things for sure, they'll certainly be covered up.

True fact! It really makes you wonder what GWs business plan looks like. I often find myself saying "gosh I'd sure like to buy some new bretonnians, wait I already have everything, guess I'll wait 12 years..."
    "Revenge is a dish best served by Uma Thurman"

To quote Raging Heroes (posted a few days ago):
    "Just a few more days now!
    We have received a first batch and they look marvelous.
    We will receive the bulk of the order on Friday from the foundry.
    We will pack about 6000 little ladies over the week-end and shipping will start on Monday.
    We intend to try and post a few pics of our week-end pack-o-thon on the blog and Facebook."

Still no images though...
    Kendoka: Would adding solar panels on the roof be to Tauish??
    Kriegschmidt: Solar panels?! Heresy! This is the Imperium - we need massive, inefficient, smoke-belching power plants that burn fossil fuels, trees and whole species of animals and turn idyllic (heretical) havens into polluted, diseased, catalogued deathworlds!
    Terrain: Apocalyptic Manhattan in an apartment, Bridges over Troubled Water, Forbidden City
    Miniatures: www.kendoka.com = Tyranids

So around 600 packs sold, well done Raging Heroes.
    In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only British.
    Actual (alleged) girl. Alpha Female.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jes Goodwin
    They breed more anyway, its a pretty rough place, Commoragh, there's a lot of it going off.

Kendoka: Would adding solar panels on the roof be to Tauish??
    Kriegschmidt: Solar panels?! Heresy! This is the Imperium - we need massive, inefficient, smoke-belching power plants that burn fossil fuels, trees and whole species of animals and turn idyllic (heretical) havens into polluted, diseased, catalogued deathworlds!
    Terrain: Apocalyptic Manhattan in an apartment, Bridges over Troubled Water, Forbidden City
    Miniatures: www.kendoka.com = Tyranids

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast