Last edited by The bearded one; 16-04-2012 at 09:19.
Sometimes a post is so rotten I have to respond like dr.Cox My Dwarven painting log -- My Lizardmen painting log -- My Scurrying Skaven painting log -- My nurgle beastmen painting log --My Tau cadre painting log -- My knights of the white wolf -- My Ork painting log
---> Newest: 13-5-2013; Lizardmen, tournament pictures, Won best painted army! ---> New: 7-4-2013; The friendly riptide saves a firewarrior
My guess, based on the results of our local meta (~belgium) :
1. Daemons. Extremely reliable, many broken builds. They seem to win 50% of our tournaments.
2. Lizardmen. The exact same reasons as above, it's just that the army relies so much on the magic phase that it can *sometimes* go wrong.
3. Dark Elves. It's not so much that their things are broken, it's just that the entire book is 20% undercosted. So they are basically playing every game with a 10 to 20% point discount.
4. Skavens. Incredibly powerful ... and extremely unreliable. Too many things can just go wrong, and it's almost impossible to win in that case. And in a tournament there's always a game where it is going to happen.
For the 5th place, I'd say that there are a lot of different armies that can compete.
- WoC are great in a tournament with light comp
- Ogres are great when the things that destroy them are comped
- Vampire can be great if the tournament does not promote scenarios where movement is a crucial factor
- Old Empire was also great under heavy comp as they were aften unaffected and had some good matchups against other top tiers with the old netlist (Popemobile, ST, 2* Flaggies, lots of cannons).