ID:	138556

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	x2c198413.jpg 
Views:	486 
Size:	35.3 KB 
ID:	138557

Chapter Master

Re: WW2 by the Perrys

For clarification, these were first revealed to the public in Salute 2012 today.
    Who is Griefbringer? Read his poem.

Quote Originally Posted by Cenyu
    Since World of Warcraft players manage to get themselves killed due to exhaustion, why should Griefbringer not manage to get himself killed with a regiment of table top miniatures. YouŽd be a pioneer.

Damn you Perry brothers. More things to empty my wallet.

These 28mm??

If so... that'd be fantastic!
    Molovian Guard (2,500 -ish Imperial Guard) (In all manner of shambles)
    Wuzza's Whirlin' Wheelerz (In progress 2k SpeedFreeks)
    The Horde of the Horned one (3k Skaven)
    Check out my Painting Blog! Comments/Criticism welcome! Currently featuring Orks and Skaven!
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemonia View Post
    In other words as a rock player I find that changes to scissors are fair, balanced and reasonable but that paper has been made too strong in this edition and should be nerfed.

Oh wow... I gotta get me some of that!
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    Ours is not to reason why, ours is but to glue and buy.
    Quote Originally Posted by FraustyTheSnowman View Post
    Anything else I have to say has already been said by Col Shaw...listen to the lego man, he's wise.
    "Ember of Dreams"
    http://www.amazon.com/Ember-Dreams-C...0408773&sr=1-1

Yeah those are in 28mm, they have some more pics and info on their site about them. No release date yet and a platoon per box.

Yes I saw them in the cabinet and they are very nice.

Chapter Master Karak Norn Clansman's Avatar

At long last! The Perry twins are going to have big sales of these, including to 40k Imperial Guard players. After this, please do WWI, the Great Nordic War or Romans.
    Chaos Dwarfs & Squats. Hobby Group Auxillia Work. Flayman Tutorial. Chaos Dwarf Songs, Chaos Dwarf Sayings, Chaos Dwarf Quotes, Chaos Dwarf Monument Inscriptions & Chaos Dwarf Religious Texts. There's fourteen ways to skin a dwarf

Quote Originally Posted by unheilig
    The realm of battle board revealed the true secret... the warhammer world has a geological layer of skulls.

Should they explore the Eastern Front, my wallet will cry at the sheer amount of Soviets I would buy. Seriously... aside from an actual WWII army, I can fully imagine a soviet themed 40k army too. I would buy many, many, perry russians. Many. All the Russians. Ever. I would bankrupt myself with buying enough plastic russians to reenact Stalingrad at 1/1 scale.

Seriously, Perry twins, if plastic russian WWII infantry are ever released from your stable then you can have all my money.
    RSPCA - Royal Society for the Preservation of Craftworld Avatars. Put a stop to Avatar abuse. Full stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Fortheempire View Post
    Plus what could Lorgar possibly be meditating on for 9-10 thousand years? Was he producing Guns N Roses last album?

Warlord games are working on plastic Soviets...

Chapter Master

Plastic Soldier Company already has 28 mm multi-part Soviet infantry, heavy weapons and anti-tank guns available. However, they are not particularly multi-part (and not quite Perry quality).

Speaking of Soviets, I just yesterday picked a book about WWII Soviet uniforms - "Stalin's War" from Crowood Press. Looking pretty promising, though not quite on the level of the two books about British uniforms that they have published.
    Who is Griefbringer? Read his poem.

Quote Originally Posted by Cenyu
    Since World of Warcraft players manage to get themselves killed due to exhaustion, why should Griefbringer not manage to get himself killed with a regiment of table top miniatures. YouŽd be a pioneer.

I'm not so keen on the Plastic soldier company's 28mm soviets; they're are a straight scale up of their 15mm plastics for me it shows in the lack of detail. The (German) plastics I've seen from Warlord's Bolt Action range are nicely detailed and I guess any plastics are a bit easier to repose than their metal counterparts.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see plastic Soviets from the Perrys as well; but I have a feeling the two companies won't want to step on each others toes.

I started collecting Soviets myself a few months ago (so far have the Red Army box set (metal figures) and a T34/85, both from Warlord). Thanks for the tip on the book, any sources are gratefully received, so far I only have the Osprey Soviet Rifleman book, and have watched a few of the episodes of the Soviet Storm series on the Military channel.

They look stunning finally they offers some plastic ww2 infantry!