Here's a few things I'd like to see done to tweak the High Elves when we finally get our army book (next year sometime I heard rumoured?) along with a couple of guesses as to stuff we'll probably see.
1) Remove Speed of Asuryan from everything.
2) Cut point costs on all troops to account for the removal of SoA.
3) Grant Swordmasters -1 to be hit from ranged attacks (arrow/bullet deflection) and give them a rule that lets them strike in Initiative order but not get re-rolls.
4) Give Spear Elves & Sea Guard either heavy armour as standard or as an option. Make High Elf core the best protected amongst the elves to distinguish them from Dark Elves (the killiest).
5) Move Silver Helms to core.
6) Have a 50 point magic item that grants a 4+ ward save to both bearer and mount vs. shooting attacks so that dragons & griffons aren't total cannon-bait.
7) Reduce the cost of RBTs.
8) Bring back Eltharion the Blind.
9) nerf Teclis and get rid of the Book of Hoeth; they're crutches and not much fun to play with or against.
Guesses as to what'll probably happen:
1) Apparently there's going to be a flying chariot. Not really that excited by the idea to be honest.
2) They'll probably be some kind of Monstrous Cavalry of some description, too. I wouldn't mind White Lion Cavalry, but they'd be nowhere near as good as Demi-Gryphons or Mournfangs going by the lion's current profile. M8, WS5, S5, W2?, I4, A2, SV 4+ isn't all that scary compared to the others, so they'd have to be a fair bit cheaper.