Thread: You are a lowly villager in the Empire and there is a Zombie Outbreak

Re: You are a lowly villager in the Empire and there is a Zombie Outbreak

can I be karl franz on a secret weekend retreat

on a more serious note, prob be the local tanner or something like that
    Quote Originally Posted by Walgis View Post
    maybe giant has something magical in his pants? :S

At the gates of Slaaneshs Pleasure Palace

As a real life Mailman, I'd be a courier/Messanger. I'd write a letter to Karl Franz, leave town fast as hell, and personalty deliver it! (Deal with it)
    Have money, want skulls. Human, ork, grot, eldar. Cracked or whole. With or without jaws. No helmets!
    PM me for info.

I'd be the one saying "I told you we should have cremated our dead, but nooooo, you wouldn't believe me. Look at all those forests of timber, but noooo, you still thought burying them was a good idea. "Fire is unnatural" you said! More unnatural than a *******' zombie horde?!"

I'm not sure I'd be much use during the event. But if might have paid to listen to me beforehand......

Make up artist: Paint my face green, fabricate some convincing fatal wounds, dress in rags and mingle with the zombies shouting "braaaaaaaiiiiinnnnnnzzzzzz"
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozendorph View Post
    Oh man, that article is awesome. The writer is basically saying, "You can use these new rules to create terrible combinations that fly in the face of the background we've been developing for decades. It's a really bad idea, and I'm not sure why we're printing it. You'd best ignore it if you want to keep your friends. I am deeply sorry."

Quote Originally Posted by Spiney Norman View Post
    Make up artist
    You find lots of these in backwater Empire villages that's for sure

I'd be the young, irritating, yet bizarrely smug child who inexplicably survives without a scratch.
    Mat Ward Fact#82- Mat Ward once paddled down the Thames using himself as a canoe.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthSte View Post
    You are Bigby- Monkeybane, Devourer of All Things, Purifer of Genners, Noobslayer...
    Quote Originally Posted by Godzooky View Post
    Did you punch him in the solar plexus while bellowing "50mm base? You stupid ****! Try not caring now! I win, mother*******! I win!!! Hahahaha!!!" ?

Chapter Master RunepriestRidcully's Avatar

Town watchmen: I'd be used to running the odd werewolf, cultist, mutant or even beastmen/beast child that had been hidden by it's parents, in addition to taking thieves and dealing with drunks and vagabounds. This means I'm used to fairly horrific stuff (mind you, so are most people who reach even teenage years in the old world, so zombies are not that new. I have some fighting experience. I'd be one of the few people in the village with access to weapons and/or armour (depending on wealth of the village) I'd also hopefully have a fair number of hounds/dogs, normally used for dealing with the worse sort of criminal but just as good against, and hopefully I would hear of the first rumors of the zombies.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeviantApostle View Post
    Most importantly, someone wasn't thinking of sales when they came up with Pink Horrors. How the hell are you going to sell PINK forces of evil outside Hello Kitty? In the Grim Dark future of the 41st milennium... horror is PINK. Yeah... sorry, doesn't work.
    Iyanden Eldar W:7 D:2 L:4 Thousand sonsW:5 Draws 4 Loss:6
    My blogs http://www.warseer.com/forums/showth...blog-of-Sci-fi
    http://www.warseer.com/forums/showth...rs-of-Tzeentch

Some kinda town guard or peace keeper no doubt.
    Probably one of the first to get chomped!
    Space Wolves - Alpha Legion - Biel Tan - Reikland - Lizardmen of Hexoatl - Slaaneshi Daemons

- Sona Mi Areru Ec Sancitu -
    - Art Thou The Holy One -

Quote Originally Posted by DivineVisitor View Post
    Some kinda town guard or peace keeper no doubt.
    Probably one of the first to get chomped!
    It all depends.

Are you named?
    Do you have a tragic and unique past?
    Is there a special talent which sets you apart from the other guards?

If you answered yes to 2/3 of those questions, chances are that you will survive the zombie outbreak. Unless of course there is another villager with a similar background, in which case as a guard you will probably die defending him/allowing him to escape.

If you answered no to 2/3 of those questions chances are that you will be the first to get chomped.
    My Battle Reports
    The Power of Ale
    The Campaign for Argalis
    The Order of the Broken Lance
    Clearing the Fiefdom

Quote Originally Posted by Chem-Dog View Post
    In the grim darkness of the far future, there is no fiscal overview.

And if you answer yes to the three, you have a chance to get yourself in the next army book as a SC

I'd be the villiage idiot. Inexplicably stupid people always fair well in zombie movies, while rational thinkers end op on the menu. Maybe the zombies know theres no brains up for grabs and leave the 'tards alone?...

Quote Originally Posted by grumbaki View Post
    It all depends.

Are you named?
    Do you have a tragic and unique past?
    Is there a special talent which sets you apart from the other guards?

If you answered yes to 2/3 of those questions, chances are that you will survive the zombie outbreak. Unless of course there is another villager with a similar background, in which case as a guard you will probably die defending him/allowing him to escape.

If you answered no to 2/3 of those questions chances are that you will be the first to get chomped.
    You forgot: "Are you wearing a red tunic?"

I would imagine that would raise your chance of death/undeath.
    Mat Ward Fact#82- Mat Ward once paddled down the Thames using himself as a canoe.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthSte View Post
    You are Bigby- Monkeybane, Devourer of All Things, Purifer of Genners, Noobslayer...
    Quote Originally Posted by Godzooky View Post
    Did you punch him in the solar plexus while bellowing "50mm base? You stupid ****! Try not caring now! I win, mother*******! I win!!! Hahahaha!!!" ?

Quote Originally Posted by BigbyWolf View Post
    You forgot: "Are you wearing a red tunic?"

I would imagine that would raise your chance of death/undeath.
    Not in the Old World. Red is expensive and rare, it's the beige and brown shirts that get the privilege of dying for their betters.
    Quote Originally Posted by G-u-n-l-i-n-e-t-a-s-t-ic, stupid word filter
    And things that require tactics are BAD. The less tactics involved, the better, and it means less things can go wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Whut View Post
    What was your profession (anything from farmer to outdoors-man to pickpocket) and how does it help you survive (anything from better equipment to a skill)?

Think towards more of a group survival and having to fight through it type scenario, not (the obvious real outcome) hiding in one's house or the easiest way to kill yourself

Also try to think of as many as possible. Here is what I / my group / this forum thought of so far:
    1) Huntsman - Bows, Survival in harsh conditions
    2) Militia - More skilled in combat than your average Joe
    3) Engineer - Gun
    4) Blacksmith - Make quality weapons or armor
    5) Duelist - Swift and efficient
    6) Lumberjack - Strong, Access to large Felling Axe
    7) Town Leader - Able to keep everyone together
    8) Alchemist - Access to potions and medicine
    9) Priest of Morr - miracles to take down the undead with and lore about them
    10) Noble - personal guard, good equipment, a riding horse, most likely knowledge of fencing
    11) Battle Wizard - knowledge of Necromancy and great power
    12) Coachman - a coach and horses to draw it
    13) Messenger - riding skills and a fast runner
    14) Barber - Surgeon, medical knowledge
    15) Rat catcher - a small but vicious dog, knowledge of the sewers
    16) Butcher - Knowledge of ... cleaving I suppose
    17) Messanger - Speed

Denial:
    ) Halfling Fieldwarden - No halflings in our game!
    Does number 5 even exist as a profession? Surely it's just "quarrelsome posh boy". I would also disallow 10 and 11 on the grounds they are not villagers.

I would be the local gravedigger - I carry a large shovel. For me coping with zombie outbreaks is simply part of my everyday job.
    Gorfang Rotgut - RIP.

I would be Bruce Campbell aka "Ash"...

THIS is my BOOMSTICK!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	this-is-my-boomstick.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	67.0 KB 
ID:	139560  
    Last edited by Brother Fenix; 05-05-2012 at 23:47.
    Please Review, Critique, Comment, Criticize, or Play-test my Mordheim Wood Elf Warband at the link below:
    http://www.warseer.com/forums/showth...-the-willpower
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Craze_b0i View Post
    Does number 5 even exist as a profession? Surely it's just "quarrelsome posh boy". I would also disallow 10 and 11 on the grounds they are not villagers.
    Yes duelist exist as a profession (unless they changed it), in addition to the random people who fight in duels it is also the name of the champion of Swordsman units.

The local noble is also a villager, his mansion is placed by the central square (next to the temple), his name is Ehrwig von Lutzen. I hope they get him first.

Quote Originally Posted by Drasanil View Post
    Not in the Old World. Red is expensive and rare, it's the beige and brown shirts that get the privilege of dying for their betters.
    While the pricing part is correct it means less than you think, don't for a second believe the red/white Talabeclanders to be wealthier than the disciplined and well equipped all-whiteclad Reiklanders.
    Last edited by Leogun_91; 06-05-2012 at 08:50.
    There aint nowt a cannon can do that a determined dwarf with a hammer can´t achive.-Old Redmane

Visit my dwarfs at http://kazad-grund.webs.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Belakor View Post
    You folks keep telling everyone how awesome Mantic is because of what you get for a dollar, and I say you are still getting ripped off.

Local hedgemage- I would try to stop them with my magic but would just explode and sour all milk in vicinity.
    "WE ARE THE ONLY SOURCE OF GOODNESS, SEVERE AND DRASTIC. THERE IS NO OTHER SOURCE OF HOPE THAN US. WE ARE AGONISINGLY ALONE."
    beer and axes

So it's ya, duh one he sours me yestaday's milk ev'ry mornin'! I told'em ya were a witch, dat I did but no'one would believe good ol' me.

Commander

I'd be a retired mercenary, and ultimate survivor...with a twist! A zombie outbreak is, no doubt, a curse but it also opens up possibilities.
    You can take the odd chance to kill off that fat bastard of a rich merchant, whose wife ( and yound dougthers you'd been having affairs with) you've been secretly admiring for years, without too much fuss. Unfortunately, having met the real zombies on the battlefield before, you know they do not eat corpses (folk tales confuse them with ghous), so you know you'd need to kill the slimeball in a suitably gruesome way (a clean stab wound would be too much telling). Then you'd let a few of the creatures break into the house, and step in to quickly and effectively chop them to tiny bits and play mr. white knight, to impress the ladies. Yeah, sounds good. In a group survival mindframe, i'd look for other skilled figthers, especially those not so bright to realise you're, sometimes, sending them to their doom to buy time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2