Thread: 2000pt all comers eldar tournament list

2000pt all comers eldar tournament list

40K Army: Eldar
    Hey all, heres my provisional list. Next to each choice is an explanation as to why its in the list.

likely opponents: orks, dark eldar, grey knights, vanillas, imperial guard, tyranids.

HQ 1: yriel: reserves denial, spear for anti tank, harder hitting than normal autarch

HQ 2: farseer: spear, doom, fortune, stones, runes of warding : spear for anti tank, doom and fortune to help the Dire avengers, runes for enemy pskyers

Troop 1: 10 dire avengers: exarch, BS, Defend, power weapon, shimmershield: Anti horde, boosted by farseer
    Waveserpent: stones, EML, shuriken cannon: 140pts

Troop 2: 10 dire avengers: exarch, BS, 2 catapults: Anti horde, boosted by farseer
    waveserpent: stones, EML, shuriken cannon: 140pts

Troop 3: 5 rangers: keeps a falcon scoring

Elites 1: 10 howling banshees: exarch, mirror blades, war shout, acrobatic: good anti MEQ unit, boosted by farseer
    waveserpent: stones, TL shuriken cannon: 110pts

Elites 2: 6 fire dragons: exarch, fire pike, crack shot: terminator, MC, vehicle destroyers, rides in falcon

Heavy support 1: falcon: bright lance, stones, holo fields: expecting plenty of AV14

Heavy support 2: falcon: bright lance, stones, holo fields: expecting plenty of AV14

Heavy support 3: falcon: bright lance, stones, holo fields: expecting plenty of AV14

2000pts

thoughts guys?
    CURSES!!!

Re: 2000pt all comers eldar tournament list

Ok if you want cheap scoring falcon 5 dire advengers are the cheapest way
    your weapon load out on your dragon falcon is a little odd either you hang back and bright lance the AV 14 or do you rush forward to jump out your dragons. either way you end up with points not doing any thing.
    I'd go scatter lasers,
    Leave the lance on the scoring falcon then you give your opponent the tricky choice of which falc to shoot.
    What is your plan for yariel? remember his template is great but he needs to be away from your guys when he uses it. are you going for a all reserve strat

dave l
    Davel miniature painter
    See my painting projects and items for sale at
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/davelminiturepainter/sets/and
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Starbr...086021?sk=info

Ok if you want cheap scoring falcon 5 dire advengers are the cheapest way
    your weapon load out on your dragon falcon is a little odd either you hang back and bright lance the AV 14 or do you rush forward to jump out your dragons. either way you end up with points not doing any thing.
    I'd go scatter lasers,
    Leave the lance on the scoring falcon then you give your opponent the tricky choice of which falc to shoot.
    What is your plan for yariel? remember his template is great but he needs to be away from your guys when he uses it. are you going for a all reserve strat

dave l
    Davel miniature painter
    See my painting projects and items for sale at
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/davelminiturepainter/sets/and
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Starbr...086021?sk=info

random double post there dude!

I was going to use the fire dragons as a back up close-range hard hitter. They are mainly there to shoot infantry, not tanks. But i see your point. what do i do with the extra 20/25 points gettin rid of two lances gives me.

The idea for yriel was to keep him with the banshees. his bale eye isnt the best thing i was intending to use him for, but, i suppose if he wants to suicide into a unit he can.

I probably wont be using reserves, he's just good to help deny opponents.

as with the DA in the falc. I was gonna possibly (depending on opponent) disembark the 5 rangers and use them as a small fire team with the falcon at the back giving them a double use. 5 DA are pretty much useless to most things.
    CURSES!!!