View Poll Results: What should I buy?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Winged Tyrant, Swarmlord, 2 Tyrant Guard

    5 22.73%
  • Battlefoam Pack 720

    6 27.27%
  • Sythed Herodule

    3 13.64%
  • Tyranid Battleforce + Ravenour Brood

    3 13.64%
  • 9 Tyranid Warriors with Bonesword/Lash-whips

    3 13.64%
  • Something else

    2 9.09%
Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: How to spend 70 a 40K related product?

  1. #1
    Commander Alex_H's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Stowmarket, Suffolk
    Posts
    744

    How to spend 70 a 40K related product?

    Hello all.

    I have just recently won a 70 gift voucher at work which I am contemplating spending on some 40K realted goodness. However I can not decide what to buy so I am throwing out to the good folks of Warseer to help me make up my mind.

    The options are as follows:

    1. Hive Tyrant, Swarm Lord and two Hive Guard
    2. Battlefoam Pack 720. (Empty adding trays at a later date)
    3. A second Scythed Herodule
    4. A Tyranid Battleforce + Revenour Box set.
    5. 9 Tyranid Warriors with Bonesword/Lash-whips
    6. Something else 40K related (Please give me ideas)

  2. #2

    Re: How to spend 70 a 40K related product?

    If you need to ask others on how to spent your money then there isn't anything you could possible want to justify the price. This is exactly why vouchers exist, to promote arbitrary purchases. I'd wait with the voucher until you really want something.

  3. #3

    Re: How to spend 70 a 40K related product?

    Books, buy lots of books!

    Err are you building your own hive fleet? If yes the battleforce is ok...
    Darwin_green

    Also profanity from your opponents can be a good sign too.

  4. #4
    Commander Alex_H's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Stowmarket, Suffolk
    Posts
    744

    Re: How to spend 70 a 40K related product?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tokamak View Post
    If you need to ask others on how to spent your money then there isn't anything you could possible want to justify the price. This is exactly why vouchers exist, to promote arbitrary purchases. I'd wait with the voucher until you really want something.
    Not the most helpful of comments. I want to spend the money on my Tyranids, I just can't decide what to buy.

  5. #5
    Commander Alex_H's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Stowmarket, Suffolk
    Posts
    744

    Re: How to spend 70 a 40K related product?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tay051173096 View Post
    Books, buy lots of books!

    Err are you building your own hive fleet? If yes the battleforce is ok...
    Check my signature. I have a hive fleet; I want to expand it some more.

  6. #6

    Re: How to spend 70 a 40K related product?

    I voted for the Battlefoam case. I have 2 BF cases right now (planning on adding a 3rd), and I have to say that they are the best form of mini transportation I have ever encountered. They're expensive, but definitely worth it.

  7. #7
    Librarian gutsmaka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    australia
    Posts
    480

    Re: How to spend 70 a 40K related product?

    gargantuan creatures are cool, get the heradule
    is rumored to be an indoctrinated necron slave

    Quote Originally Posted by Maarten K
    everybody knows thats dwarves and elves are the male and female versions of the same race, hence the perceived lack of female dwarves and testosteron toting elves, plus their constant bickering....

  8. #8
    Chapter Master Axeman1n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Lawndale, CA
    Posts
    2,432

    Re: How to spend 70 a 40K related product?

    Quote Originally Posted by Larkyn View Post
    I voted for the Battlefoam case. I have 2 BF cases right now (planning on adding a 3rd), and I have to say that they are the best form of mini transportation I have ever encountered. They're expensive, but definitely worth it.
    QFT
    I wouldn't buy more than two cases, as the 720 and the 1520 are enough to transport nearly any size force. For model storage, just buy the foam trays and swap them out for each game/convention. They even sell Cardboard cases that will keep the dust out of them while they rest on the shelf.

  9. #9
    Commander
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Cedar Park, Tx
    Posts
    728

    Re: How to spend 70 a 40K related product?

    Save it for a rainy day....sorry, old age and life experiences talking.

  10. #10
    Chapter Master Vipoid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Time for a game of dissappearing bears.
    Posts
    4,655

    Re: How to spend 70 a 40K related product?

    For me, looking at that list is like winning a supermarket-sweep, and realising that I'd rather just take the trolley...
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiney Norman View Post
    it used to be that units in the codex were either rocks, scissors or paper and to build an army what you had to do was bring a few rocks, two pairs of scissors and a pad of paper to create a balanced army. Now the game is more like rock, paper, Scissors, chair, table, car, tree, hat, scarf, gloves, kitchen sink
    Quote Originally Posted by wyvirn View Post
    If you find that disturbing, you should see how much a comma changes a sentence.

    Let's eat, Grandpa!

  11. #11
    Commander Alex_H's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Stowmarket, Suffolk
    Posts
    744

    Re: How to spend 70 a 40K related product?

    Quote Originally Posted by Vipoid View Post
    For me, looking at that list is like winning a supermarket-sweep, and realising that I'd rather just take the trolley...
    Why so? Not a Tyranid fan?

  12. #12
    Commander Alex_H's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Stowmarket, Suffolk
    Posts
    744

    Re: How to spend 70 a 40K related product?

    Quote Originally Posted by Phyros View Post
    Save it for a rainy day....sorry, old age and life experiences talking.
    Can't. The prise is a 70 voucher with a 1 month window of opportunity to use it. I could spend it on anything really but I want to spend it on GW as I haven't brought anything hobby related for a while.

  13. #13
    Chapter Master Vipoid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Time for a game of dissappearing bears.
    Posts
    4,655

    Re: How to spend 70 a 40K related product?

    Quote Originally Posted by Alex_H View Post
    Why so? Not a Tyranid fan?
    Actually, I play Tyranids - I just didn't like a lot of the choices on the list.

    Having looked at your Hive Fleet link... wow. That's a lot of tyranids.

    Honestly, I've really no idea what you should spend your money on. All I could really think of is:
    - Another 3 Hive Guard (not very interesting, but they're useful, and also one of the few creatures you don't appear to have at least 2 units of).
    - Swarmlord (if you want the proper model).

    That's really all I can think of.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiney Norman View Post
    it used to be that units in the codex were either rocks, scissors or paper and to build an army what you had to do was bring a few rocks, two pairs of scissors and a pad of paper to create a balanced army. Now the game is more like rock, paper, Scissors, chair, table, car, tree, hat, scarf, gloves, kitchen sink
    Quote Originally Posted by wyvirn View Post
    If you find that disturbing, you should see how much a comma changes a sentence.

    Let's eat, Grandpa!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •