Thread: all of my brainstorming lists seem a little too similar?

all of my brainstorming lists seem a little too similar?

I noticed in almost all of the army lists I want to make seem to focus around 2 heavy ranged warnouns and a caster to boost them.

Currently I have an Ashlynn list with 2 mules and gunmages. And now I noticed I wanted to make an eLylyth list with 2 ravagors and 2 bolt throwers, a Bart list with 2 mules, a Harkovich list with Ivan and a destroyer, Calaban with a pair of Spitters... and so on...

Anyone else notice you seem to stick with a certain army style?
    Tyger Tyger. burning bright,
    In the forests of the night:
    What immortal hand or eye,
    Could frame thy fearful symmetry?

Re: all of my brainstorming lists seem a little too similar?

Kallus and Constance I find also do well with two ranged heavies although the caster then does everything they can to boost the rest of the army. I think Harkevich is better with melee jacks. RAT 4 is just too much of a handicap and pathfinder, +2SPD, jump start, the feat all work really well for melee jacks. Sad there are no Cygnar lists in there.

I'm the opposite, I rarely use the same caster/list style twice in a row.
    But this means I only have a shallow amount of XP with each caster in my factions.
    Last edited by Thanatos_elNyx; 03-05-2012 at 17:35.
    Lion: Hey Russ, you'll never guess what!
    Russ: Yeah, I know! Magnus is a traitor! To think that he could accuse our beloved brother Horus of turning against us. Impossible! But don't worry. I have taken care of it, Horus asked me to destroyed Prospero and I have. Magnus shouldn't be bothering us again.
    Lion: ... actually, I was going to say that Magnus was right. Horus has turned to Chaos, 7 other Legions have joined him and he has destroyed 3 Loyal Legions already!
    Russ:

the thing with cygnar is that there isn't really any one Big Gun worth spamming. That approach kind of goes against Cygnar's "combined arms" feel.

Khador only has a handful of guns, but they hit hard, same with most of the factions I listed as well.
    Tyger Tyger. burning bright,
    In the forests of the night:
    What immortal hand or eye,
    Could frame thy fearful symmetry?

One of the lists I want to run is:

Cygnar
    Standard Army
    PCs: 50 / 50
    24 models

[00] Captain Victoria Haley (0 / 5 WJ remaining)
    [02] >> Squire
    [09] >> Avenger
    [09] >> Avenger
    [02] Captain Arlan Strangewayes
    [03] Journeyman Warcaster
    [06] >> Hunter
    [01] Stormsmith Stormcaller
    [02] Trencher Master Gunner
    [02] Trencher Master Gunner
    [06] Arcane Tempest Gun Mages
    [02] >> Arcane Tempest Gun Mage Officer
    [06] >> Hunter
    [05] Rangers

The Avengers go to MAT 8 with the rangers and trencher master gunners. They and the hunters can deal out quite a lot of damage come feat turn. You have two arcane shields so each heavy is ARM 22, both the hunters have two "focus". Putting down four 4" AOEs with knockdown on feat turn is pretty nasty, 4 hunter shots is not bad either and the Avengers can fight in melee better than a destroyer.