Hello! I'm slowly getting again into 40k. Long time ago, in the darkness of times, I used to play Tau in their 3rd ed. Codex. It was bad.
It was really bad. My group had 3 CSM players and one IG, and I had no idea about how to kill daemon princes nor those "3+ also FNP" little manz.
So, like three months ago, my actual gaming group decided to jump from fantasy (still playing 6th ed. Tested 8th but it was exhausting and friends get bored of fighting my skavens) to 40k. I sold most of the tau years ago, and I tried using some daemons, but it was awful. Then, one friend said about starting marines and we bought AoBR) and tested the orkz (with paperhammer). It was versus necrons and it was my first time having fun with 40k.
I'm used to painting hordes of rats, painting masses of boyz is not a problem. The problem is that i forgot them a month ago in my home and until next week I will not be there. I ebayed a bit and bought another 20 slugga boyz (15$) and a rhino (5$) and won 40$ in the lotto and bought a box of cans yesterday.
Blablabla. Here's the pics. I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed making them. Feel free to give me your conversion and painting tips. I dont know very well how I will end the rhino...
I started with it, with the rhino. Adding bits and bits, and bits. I will use it as a transport (think of a trukk since I only had one big shoota) with friends until I find some big gun. Need special help with the shoota. I pinned it so it can move (I dont like when weapon gets glued.) but it's so big that actually exceeds the front of the vehicle. I dont know if move it a bit back or what to do. Also thought about pinning one of the boyz with big shoota from AoBR.
(Now sorry for the bad pics, taken by mobile)
It needs moar armour patchs, do something with the aileron, do something with the shoota, I need to find a boy for the big shoota, needs moar armour patchs, more orky bits. It needs to be more orky.
Also, started painting a kan. It's IronKan. I thought it would be bad, but now that I see it painted, love the orange-yellow scheme.
First of three. Only paint the basic and washed with Devlan Mud for testing. I'm pretty pleased with the result and will extend the scheme to the other 2. It needs highlights and painting cables and tiny bits. Actually what it needs is to be painted fully, with legs and these things.
I Thougth the box would have 3 skorchas but it doesn't so they will have a mix (skorcha, rokkit, and grotzooka)
I know the pics are bad, when I come back to home I will take another ones with the cam. I will try to update usually with more things. The 20 sluggas have now ther green base coat and will be the next when I finish the kans.
Please, if I wrote something wrong, feel free to hit me with a baseball bat. I will try to write right and correct the errors. I hope you like it.