I love the concept for a Storm Talon, but hated the model, so I spent this afternoon hacking it up and rebuilding to make it a lot more aerodynamic and flight capable.
I didnt have time or tools available to make all the changes I wanted, but Ive fixed what I saw as the main issues, I wont get round to actually completing this WIP model, or painting it, for months most likely, but Im hoping a few people will steal the ideas!
Assault cannons directly integrated into the nose cone.
Rest of Nose trimmed down to make it a lot more streamlined and sleek looking.
Missile pods integrated into the top of the fuselage. Again, to make the craft sleeker and more aerodynamic. If Id used the lascannons or heavy bolters, I would have integrated them into the sides of the nose cone.
Old tail fin cut in half and used to make new engine wings, which are longer and thinner and have control surfaces, more realistic for horizontal flight. I cut off the old top fin completely and used one of the engine side fins to make a new tail upright.
Hope this provides inspirations for other people who dont like the regular Storm Talon! Im happy to answer any specific questions about the build.