Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 121

Thread: June/July Releases

  1. #1
    Chapter Master DJ3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    4,145

    Necron Special Characters July 21

    Haven't seen this with all the focus on 6th, but the last two Necron characters are on the release sheets GW is sending out.

    49-67 Orikan the Diviner 21-Jul-12 $19.25
    49-68 Anrakyr the Traveller 21-Jul-12 $19.25

    Aside from options on characters, those guys will complete the book.

  2. #2
    Veteran Sergeant
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    120

    June/July Releases

    I just found some interesting information.

    Short Code Item Description Date US CAN
    40-02-60 Warhammer 40,000: Rulebook (English) 440pp Hardback Book 30-Jun-12 $74.25 $90.00
    40-41 Warhammer 40,000 Munitorum Templates 3 x Templates 30-Jun-12 $19.75 $23.75
    40-45 Warhammer 40,000 Munitorum Tape Measure Servo Skull Tape Measure 30-Jun-12 $16.50 $19.75
    40-09-60 Warhammer 40,000: Psychic Powers (English) 32 Cards, Leaflet, Box July 30-Jun-12 $13.25 $16.00
    64-38 Tanglewire TBC 7-Jul-12 $10.00 $13.75
    40-42 Warhammer 40,000 Munitorum Dice 12 Dice, 6 Dice Holders, Tin 28-Jul-12 $16.50 $19.75
    40-43 Warhammer 40,000 Munitorum Battlefield Objectives 12 Dice, 6 Dice Holders, Tin 28-Jul-12 $16.50 $19.75
    40-44 Warhammer 40,000 Munitorum Vehicle Markers 12 Dice, 6 Dice Holders, Tin 28-Jul-12 $16.50 $19.75
    49-67 Orikan the Diviner 1 Fig Clampack 21-Jul-12 $19.25 $25.00
    49-68 Anrakyr the Traveller 1 Fig Clampack 21-Jul-12 $19.25 $25.00

    There is also going to be a Gamer's edition and a Collector's edition.
    Last edited by roachvan; 18-06-2012 at 18:19.
    Dark Angels 1st, 2nd, and 3rd companies, Chaos Space Marines (Fallen Dark Angels), Tau, Brotherhood of the Black Sword (Black Templar), Smurfs (Space Marine Sub-chapter), Orks, Daemons, and Witch Hunters ,IG, Tyranids.

  3. #3
    Chapter Master TheConverter15's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,193

    Re: June/July Releases

    No one saw the new crons coming then Thanks for the list roachvan! Excited to see what the servo skull tape measure will look like

    P.S: Actually the thread below this talks about new crons Whoops!
    Last edited by TheConverter15; 18-06-2012 at 18:23.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hochdorf View Post
    I'm disturbed by the fact that Theodor Bruckner's codpiece appears to be substantially larger than a normal man's head

  4. #4
    Veteran Sergeant
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Montreal, QC, Canada
    Posts
    113

    Re: Necron Special Characters July 21

    I suspect with the release of 6th Edition, to see new and recut Special characters. Lots of special characters already existing of newest codex have not been done in finecast yet. Ex: Mephiston, Tycho, Corbulo.

    I don't know if they have a plan to release the model in finecast or redo the design, some of them, will need a recut
    Blood Angels painting soon...

  5. #5
    Chapter Master MajorWesJanson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    13,024

    Re: Necron Special Characters July 21

    Cool. Now if they will release some of the missing GK and DE characters too, that would be even better!
    "As I've always said, Wes is wise." - Scryer in the Darkness
    "Wes, if you keep this up you'll need to change your name to MajorWiseJanson." - Azzy
    "Many boffins died to bring us this information." - Forgeworld Announcement E-mail
    "Rest assured, Servitor 13 has your best interests at heart. Now let's fire up the lascannons." - GW changes their web privacy policy.

  6. #6
    Commander
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    752

    Re: Necron Special Characters July 21

    Saw Drazhar was on the same list. Wonder if it will be a new sculpt or the old model done in finecast.

  7. #7
    Chapter Master Jericho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Posts
    3,647

    Re: Necron Special Characters July 21

    My money would be on a Finecast copy of the original. Aside from the Ultrasmurfs and the occasional Orc, there simply haven't been many updated special characters in recent editions.

    Still no Vect/Baron/etc.?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Zoidberg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Necr0n View Post
    So can Allies Of Convinience score?
    Only if dinner and the movie were both of a high quality...

  8. #8

    Re: Necron Special Characters July 21

    Quote Originally Posted by MajorWesJanson View Post
    Cool. Now if they will release some of the missing GK and DE characters too, that would be even better!
    I think I saw finecast remakes of the normal Grey Knight HQ's, but I could be wrong.

    Well, in the sense that they were on that list for releases.
    Last edited by DigitalDogParty; 18-06-2012 at 19:17.
    HIKEEBA!

  9. #9
    Chaplain
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    224

    Re: June/July Releases

    There's also a big list of (presumably) metal to finecast ports : http://gigabitescafe.com/forum/index.php?topic=5129.0
    The whole metal Tau range (except kroot shapers) is affected, and the mixed plastic/metal kits are now standalone upgrade kits (Crisis commander, Broadside).
    Less top-heavy broadsides will make a lot of Tau players happy, not mentioning there's also a new standalone shield drone upgrade pack (no need to convert them anymore nor buy XV15/pathfinder team leaders to get the real ones)
    One thing that intrigues me : the kroot hounds went from a set of 2 in blister to a set of 4 in a box .... and the price per model actually dropped, which is surprising when all ports from metal to finecast got a price hike.
    Now, the cost per model was pretty silly to begin with (not DE Khymera-silly, but still) so it may just be that they realised it and lowered the cost to be more on par with other models, but there's still a little spark in me that hopes this could mean a new plastic sprue for kroot puppies.
    A man can dream ....

  10. #10
    Chapter Master anselminus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    France
    Posts
    1,848

    Re: June/July Releases

    only necron for july i'm little disapointed
    My Imperium Blog : Faith of the Imperium

    WARHAMMER-40k-CAMPAIGNS.COM - Follow this unique website project of 40k campaigns since the beginning on our Facebook!

  11. #11

    Re: June/July Releases

    Wth with the template prices...

  12. #12
    Chapter Master Dryaktylus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Jena
    Posts
    1,144

    Re: June/July Releases

    Quote Originally Posted by Fraf View Post
    One thing that intrigues me : the kroot hounds went from a set of 2 in blister to a set of 4 in a box .... and the price per model actually dropped, which is surprising when all ports from metal to finecast got a price hike.
    Well, what really intrigues me is the jump of Shadowsun from 25$ to 40$.

  13. #13
    Chapter Master Bunnahabhain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    11,965

    Re: June/July Releases

    Hmmm. tanglewire on that list.

    Looks like they might be trying to pull some terrain other than ruins into the game. Implies a much more developed system than the current difficult terrain mess.
    Occasionally accused of being helpful and constructive.
    One ring Book to rule them all, one ring place to find them, One ring Codex to bring them all, and in the Darkness future bind them. Time for the unified Marine Codex.

  14. #14

    Re: June/July Releases

    Quote Originally Posted by Fraf View Post
    There's also a big list of (presumably) metal to finecast ports : http://gigabitescafe.com/forum/index.php?topic=5129.0
    The whole metal Tau range (except kroot shapers) is affected, and the mixed plastic/metal kits are now standalone upgrade kits (Crisis commander, Broadside).
    Less top-heavy broadsides will make a lot of Tau players happy, not mentioning there's also a new standalone shield drone upgrade pack (no need to convert them anymore nor buy XV15/pathfinder team leaders to get the real ones)
    One thing that intrigues me : the kroot hounds went from a set of 2 in blister to a set of 4 in a box .... and the price per model actually dropped, which is surprising when all ports from metal to finecast got a price hike.
    Now, the cost per model was pretty silly to begin with (not DE Khymera-silly, but still) so it may just be that they realised it and lowered the cost to be more on par with other models, but there's still a little spark in me that hopes this could mean a new plastic sprue for kroot puppies.
    A man can dream ....

    You can already buy a set of shield drones at the minute, and most but certainly not all, of the metal to finecast updates come with a price increase. Kroxigor are a recent example
    Quote Originally Posted by BramGaunt View Post

    Orific makes a great example of how we all should act. Kudos to him.
    Close enough

  15. #15
    Why is the rum gone? Darnok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    11,797

    Re: June/July Releases

    With the last two characters: is there anything missing from the codex by now?

  16. #16
    Chapter Master loveless's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Wonderland
    Posts
    9,292

    Re: June/July Releases

    Quote Originally Posted by Darnok View Post
    With the last two characters: is there anything missing from the codex by now?
    Well...the specific Cryptek types, but other than that...nothing that springs to mind.
    ...and a little help comes in a little glass vial in a gun pressed against her anatomy...

    Things I'd love to do if I had limitless money: a new Salamanders army for 40K; a new Dark Elf army for Fantasy; an Emperor's Children force for HH *sigh*

  17. #17
    Commander jamesterjlrb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    753

    Re: June/July Releases

    Quote Originally Posted by Darnok View Post
    With the last two characters: is there anything missing from the codex by now?
    It's good to see. An entire army done in half a year. Admittedly not every model's been redone in that time but the majority. It's a good precedent to set, that armies will be fully catered for modelwise. Though it does beg a question, what are they going to do when every army is fully catered for?
    Quote Originally Posted by PhalanxLord
    Dino-lobsters suffer from instant death against enemies with close combat forks and the "melted butter" special rule.

  18. #18
    Chapter Master Aryllon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    2,191

    Re: June/July Releases

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesterjlrb View Post
    It's good to see. An entire army done in half a year. Admittedly not every model's been redone in that time but the majority. It's a good precedent to set, that armies will be fully catered for modelwise. Though it does beg a question, what are they going to do when every army is fully catered for?
    Squats?

    Sorry :P

  19. #19
    Chapter Master Spider-pope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Liverpool, UK
    Posts
    2,775

    Re: Necron Special Characters July 21

    I'm looking forward to seeing these, the last batch of Necron special characters were pretty nice sculpts so it'll be interesting to see what they come up with for these last few stragglers.
    Your Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-pope
    Quote Originally Posted by nonnopj View Post
    i stand corrected. NOBODY but spiderpope plays unbound. go check the BR on youtube
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfblade670 View Post
    Spider-pope, Spider-pope, does whatever a Spider-pope does. Can he swing into a thread? Of course he can, 'cause he's the Pope. Lookout, its the Spider pope...

  20. #20
    Chapter Master Inquisitor Engel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    7,586

    Re: June/July Releases

    $75... Ooof. Damn my wallet.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •