Thread: Pre Heresy Iron Hands

Pre Heresy Iron Hands

Hi all,

I've decided to move the bulk of my blog over to here as I like the atmosphere of the Warseer project log forums. The old blog will still have finished shots and other musings and pictures of stuff that don't really belong in this thread, but all the Pre Heresy Iron Hand goodness will be right here. That said i'm not going to move over every previous WIP pic from the blog to here, as there isn't a huge amount of backcatalogue persay, so if you do want to have a look at the army as it begun (it'll take you 2 minutes, tops) check it out [URL="http://preheresyhands.blogspot.co.uk/"here[/URL].

I've neglected to update anything for a bit due to exams, so i have quite a lot of stuff to put up. I'm going to spread it out over the next 2 weeks or so, but stuff to look forward to include green stuff recasting and 3D printing!!

Now onto some pictures,

The majority of the army is going to be in mark V plate. This is because i can easily (well i say easily) convert it from a standard plastic tactical squad. So here's a shot showing a model (sans arms, which are standard anyways) having been converted, so you get an idea of the process.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4dcee1ff.jpg 
Views:	193 
Size:	134.0 KB 
ID:	143304

And a couple of shots painted and based.

Name:	34ee6cc4.jpg 
Views:	378 
Size:	77.8 KB 
ID:	143305

Name:	69f36053.jpg 
Views:	194 
Size:	62.5 KB 
ID:	143306

This was a test model, the rest will not get based for a bit, as i like to base in batches, unlike models which mostly get painted individually. I have a couple more guys painted, but i'll get pics over the next few days.

One other thing to show you right now is my drop pod, which is standard, except that it has been built so it can separate into 3 parts so that the seats can come out. Unfortunately, it keeps breaking so it may have to be fully glued up...

Name:	572bf30a.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	276.4 KB 
ID:	143307

Name:	e8be45d8.jpg 
Views:	168 
Size:	351.8 KB 
ID:	143308

Name:	8c7ff32d.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	250.1 KB 
ID:	143309

Comments and Criticism is always welcomed. Please feel free to rate and subscribe if you like what you see.

Thanks for reading,

Jamie
    Quote Originally Posted by PhalanxLord
    Dino-lobsters suffer from instant death against enemies with close combat forks and the "melted butter" special rule.

Re: Pre Heresy Iron Hands

Looks cool. I like the shot looking down on top of the drop pod.

Any plans for Ferrus and/or Morlocks?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Zoidberg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Necr0n View Post
    So can Allies Of Convinience score?
    Only if dinner and the movie were both of a high quality...

Quote Originally Posted by Student View Post
    Looks cool. I like the shot looking down on top of the drop pod.
    Thanks, it shows off the chevrons on the doors quite nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by Jericho View Post
    Any plans for Ferrus and/or Morlocks?
    I have short and long term plans for lots of things. I aim for this to be a very long term army. Ferrus is a long term goal. The Morlocks on the other hand, lets just say they're short term, very short term. More to come on that very soon.
    Dino-lobsters suffer from instant death against enemies with close combat forks and the "melted butter" special rule.

Hate to break it to you, but if it was pre-heresy, you'd be using Dreadclaw's.

They are pretty easy to make out the current kit, see Link to some examples.

-hawke

Quote Originally Posted by G.Hawke View Post
    Hate to break it to you, but if it was pre-heresy, you'd be using Dreadclaw's.

They are pretty easy to make out the current kit, see Link to some examples.

-hawke
    That unit as a whole is not very preheresy, or even iron handsy... It's standard sternguard models, so wrong marks of armour, lots of aquilas, a librarian (not very IH and quite dubious in heresy generally) and a non heresy drop pod. They represent the very end period of the heresy. The idea is for the army to represent a period from before the heresy until the end of the scouring. Although i am Post Design Rationalising a bit (PDR in the future, i may use this a lot). I have to admit i didn't think that squad through as carefully as other squads. Though i should point out that this is not a 100% attention to detail pre heresy army, it simply is themed that way. So rhinos will not be mark 1 etc. Although i am planning to use contemptor dreads.

Another small update. a WIP shot of my vindicator. I've put this up because of the symbol on the door, which believe it or not is a Green Stuff recast of the Forge World Iron Hands LR doors. The detail is quite stunning for a recast, it'll be obvious when painted. You can spot that i've started to highlight the vehicle.

Name:	657f2196.jpg 
Views:	177 
Size:	225.7 KB 
ID:	143351

Also the WIP pic of the marine is quite blurry so here's a better pic. Apologies in general for my poor photography skills.

Name:	cf619041.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	74.4 KB 
ID:	143352

As always, thanks for reading,

Jamie

Librarian

Hazard stripes on the drop pod look ace!
    Old school Black Templar horde, ruined temple Blood Angels, and art scale Space Wolves!
    http://www.warseer.com/forums/showth...rough-the-Ages Low brow, high vibrancy, fantasy mash up
    http://www.warseer.com/forums/showth...?343809-Quest!
    Dark Eldar, unabashadly based on Drizzit from my childhood http://www.warseer.com/forums/showth...lms-Persussian