What do other Eldar players make of the rumored changes?
Some things I've noticed:
- Eldar jetbikes may be able to turboboost 36" for a total of 48" of movement (claimed in the Reddit "I am a"). Seemingly confirmed here: http://i48.tinypic.com/2jdrfyp.png (thanks @chizal)
- Witchblade armor penetration has been reduced to str+2d6 (average 10, ceiling 16) from 9+d6 (average 12.5, ceiling 15) (again, from Reddit)
- Rapid fire weapons can outrange our shuriken catapults AND move
- Jetbike shuriken cannon "move shoot move" seems riskier, as the move back is random
- Fleet now allows a re-roll of one assault move/charge die
- Our vehicles, spare Vypers with two, have three hullpoints.
- Our fast vehicles can move cruising speed and shoot two weapons (this helps Vypers and Falcons)
- We can snap fire to take charges
- We have access to core psychic disciplines that may allow full BS for overwatch/snap fire
- We may be able to use two FoCs in 2000 point games (how common such games are in your locality will vary).
- It would seem that fire points have been nerfed (i.e. BS1 is moving cruising speed). As we have none, perhaps this is a good thing for us.
- A 6" move after disembarkation is interesting. "Firedragon suicide squads" seem largely un-effected, as their transport will now move 6" (and pivot) and then they'll file out another 6".
- I saw something on BoLS this morning (6/28) that indicated that only "two handed chainswords" (e.g. for the Exarch) are given AP values. I hope this has been misunderstood or will be FAQ-clarified.