Welcome to the Grand Warseer Sculpting Challenge,
Duke Donald has come up with an idea, that I think is quite excellent, for a sculpting challenge. We both think that sculpting is one of the most rewarding aspects of the hobby and want to get better at it. The aim of the challenge is to make us sculpt things that we don't normally sculpt whilst providing a place for us to give each other feedback on our work and share techniques and tips. It should also be fun.
Here's how the challenge is going to work:
- Each month the participants will be challenged to sculpt one model.
- Each month will have a theme of a particular unit or a piece of art work.
- Participants can post their progress here and a picture of the finished model.
- At the end of the month someone who participated in that month's challenge will be nominated to pick the theme for the next month.
- Themes will be made known 2 months in advance. This will allow people to take part every other month and therefore take two months to complete each model if they wish.
- Pictures of the following month's challenge should not be posted until the current month's challenge is over. This should help to keep the log more organised.
The themes so far are:
July: Empire Statetrooper
August: Eldar Howling Banshee
September: Old World Tainted Wizard (see post #73 on page 4 by Verm1s for more details)
October: A Stalking Tyranid