Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Messing with a Viking Saga...

Re: Messing with a Viking Saga...

Quote Originally Posted by Vazalaar View Post
    I received my package last tuesday. It also had four free Arthurians as a free gift for my patience. It wasn't necessary, but I really appreciated it and now I want the other Arthurians.

I received Geraint, Ector, Lamorak and Gawain. Nice miniatures!

Were can I order spears for my Vikings and Saxons? Also I guess that the transfers from LBM (gripping beast) are fine for these miniatures?
    I'm using all axes and swords for my Viking Warlords as characters. If I were to use spears, I would use the Gripping Beast Plastics and do hand swaps. They are roughly the same size and I have a bunch of spears. Without that I would checkout Perry Brothers have some, FRP Games, Old Glory, and Architects of War. Also I believe Hoard o Bits on ebay is still parting out and may have some of the ones from War Factory Games in bits that look good in plastic.

As to the shields, they are basically the same size as the Gripping Beast Plastic shields that I have used with hirdmen, so I plan to paint some and use some Little Big Men and Battle Flag transfers.

You can order brass javelins and spears from Westwind. I think also Warlord Games but I have done what Psychosis is suggesting, with both Gripping Beast and Conquest games hands ; you have to cut them at the wrist though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Salty
    What the Modsticker said.

Chapter Master

Thanks for the info. I think will go for the more expensive route. I've found seperate plastic spears in a plastic set from Wargames factory range Hammer of the Gods (Saxon). The mini's look subpar, but the spears look good!

Chapter Master

Well the Wargames factory spears were way to tiny, but I decided to use the spears from the Ancient Greek sets from Victrix, which imo works perfectly.

I started painting the Saxon Miniatures, will start a thread soon.

Anyway when can we see a new update on the Saxon Miniatures and Foundry vikings?

Finished my first unit of the year, been doing a lot of stuff so much more to come. These are the Gripping Beast plastic Dark Ages figures in the slinger configuration. I'll use them for a variety of things with my Vikings and coming Saxons. Please ignore the movement tray, that is left over from my Chaos Warriors.

I'm happy with them. Next up archers......
    Last edited by PsychosisPC; 30-03-2017 at 03:44.

I should hope you finished them... it's been 2 years!

Like all your stuff- they look great!

Quote Originally Posted by Codsticker View Post
    I should hope you finished them... it's been 2 years!

Like all your stuff- they look great!
    LOL....Yea I know....although I will use the whole having brain surgery a little over 2 years ago as an excuse. That was kind of a setback. BUT I'm back at it.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychosisPC View Post
    LOL....Yea I know....although I will use the whole having brain surgery a little over 2 years ago as an excuse. That was kind of a setback. BUT I'm back at it.
    That's a pretty good excuse . If your painting is any indication you have made an excellent recovery.

Yea its been a rough couple of years, facial issues, deafness in the left ear, loss of balance. Definitely not done recovering, I've never been normal, but I am feeling a bit better and my sight is a bit better. Although the facial nerve damage does make my left eye have a bit of trouble. With the balance issues I tip over on bicycles and/or motorcycles, so those are out, but I'm back on the race track on 4 wheels in racing karts which I thought I might not ever be able to do that again.

I updated the archer unit and have a second one to add to the army. The original unit was Gripping Beast metals, the additions are Conquest games to get me to two full units. Ignore the movement tray that is for the next unit of infantry.

Nice additions- good stuff!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5