Okay, this is what I expect to happen in competitive metagame come the 6th edition:
1) Minimum Size Units in Dedicated Transports Will Die Off
- Hull Points will mean that many armies that spam gauss weaponry or S5 - S6 stuff will be able to glance most transports to death far easier than was ever before possible.
- WS0 when stationary, WS1 when moving (no matter if you are Fast or not) will spell doom to Blood Angel Razorback spam and other similar concepts whenever they face anything with large amount of attacks: Like Tyranids or Daemons.
- Units have to get out of their transport to claim or contest objectives: You can no longer sit inside the metal box parked on objective so minimum size squads will lose the only thing they were ever good at.
- There is really none. This is as clear as it gets. MSUs in Razorbacks are dead.
2) Flyers Will Rule The Skies
- Zooming fliers can only be hit with BS1
- Zooming fliers can't be assaulted... at all
- At any game with less than 2000 points units with Skyfire or Interceptor are going to be very rare so the best Anti-Aircraft Weapon will be another Flier.
- This does not mean Flier Transports will rule the skies. More likely they will not. The transport can be attacked just like a normal vehicle on the turn the passengers embark or disembark. Also the passengers are subject to dying a horrible, horrible death (like S10 no armour saves kind of death) if the transport ever drops from the skies...
3) Infantry Will Inherit The Earth
- Rapid fire is buffed, Snap Shot rule lets heavy weapons fire on the move, Overwatch, Hammer of Wrath... Basically infantry as a whole gets a buff. A big buff. They will be far more usefull than those five-man "token teams" inside metal boxes that ruled the 5th edition.
- Units have to get out of their transport to claim or contest objectives: So basically MSUs are well dead. So what do you use to take objectives... Snipers, Stealth units, full-sized tactical squads, big infantry blobs. Yes, I think you will see far more infantry models on the table in 6th edition
- With Fliers around and with reduced protection from vehicles this does not mean ANY infantry will rule the earth. Oh no. This means you need loads and loads of preferably high armour save and Ld models so they can afford to take the casualties while sitting on the objective. I think I'm so going to love my Tactical Squads again...