As a 7th-ed-but-made-with-8th-in-mind book, sadly we are probably 3+ years off from a new book, but I'd like to speculate/wishlist anyways, and try and extrapolate from current trends
Primal Fury: stays as is
Ambush: Maybe make standard 8th-ed ambushing. Maybe an option to ambush from a woods?
Chariot support unit: The beastmen equivalent of Cauldron of Blood / Mortis Engine / Corpse Cart / Engine of the Gods / Luminark / Hurricanum / War Altar / Warshrine / Casket of Souls. Only OnG & OK haven't got one of these units
- I could see shard of the herdstone becoming one of these
- Maybe a passive effect every time it is targeted by lore of wild spell (assuming there are ~3 augments in the lore; or maybe whenever a wild/beasts spell in cast within X") -- auto PF/Pfrenzy on any doubles?
- Variant build 1: Gibbet Tree of Woe (big gnarly tree uprooted and pulled around) some passive hex to enemies, a la Cygor, Jabbersclythe, Corpse Cart Balefire, LD bomb... Mountable by Shamans
- Variant build 2: buff unit, can be ridden by wargor/beastlord. Primal frenzy on any double for those in 6-12". Maybe a bound re-roll to wound or +1 to wound? (like a walking enemy-only bane stone!)
- Chariot dual kits, with 2x Tuskgor and 1x Razorgor. Possibly with plastic character options.
- a variant on this is that there 2 chariot support units, and 2 kits: each kit either makes generic chariot or it's support version (only 1 steed type in each)
- Plastic Centigors with all weapons options. Centigors modified to be viable options. Maybe monst cav with 2W?
- 1. BANNER Beast Banner: iconic. although the 'must-take' banners have been dropped from some armies (Drakenhoff Banner for VC, for example)
- 2. ARCANE/ENCHANTED Chalice of Dark Rain: essential.
- 3. ARCANE Herdstone: iconic, but see above. Maybe become a support chariot unit
- 4. ARMOUR Blackened plate: so good!
- 5. ARCANE/ENCHANTED/TALISMAN Hagree Fetish: iconic and cool!
- 6. ARCANE/ENCHANTED Staff of Darkoth: every book seems to have a bound spell; esp. MM's for no-shooting armies (see Rod of Flaming Death for VC, for example), often in a enchanted slot no less!
- 7. WEAPON: Do any of them get used??
- 8. BANNER: Manbane standard?
- 9. Arcane-item-destroying thing (Take that, hellheart!)
- Maybe make non-unique a la vampiric powers?
- Ones that actually get used are Uncanny Senses, Gouge-Tusks, Gnarled Hide, Many-limbed fiend
- Mark of the True Best is fluffy and will probably stay
Please add to this!
Wargor/Beastlord - unit cold-blooded versus Forces of Order?
- Maybe mark-related
- Mutations for units, or stuff that passes on to units?
Ungors - good as is. Maybe spears for free (a la VC skeletons)?
Gors - 7 pts w HW/S. +1 pt for AHW.
Maybe some sort of fanatic / trapper / sneaky stalker upgrade for units, to represent the most mutated of them leaping out of the unit??
Chariots - In units; maybe razorgor as champion upgrade?
Minotaur - pts drop. Heavy armour option? Maybe a look-out ungor?
Centigor - Again, need to find a niche. Heavy Armour? Parry?
Harpies - maybe poison or KB options a la
Razorgor Chariots - units
Razorgor - good as is
Bestigor - good as is.
- Pts drop across the board for big gribblies.
- Make spawn viable. Movement 2d6+3?
Doubt they will drop lore of the wild; but as is it's just a paltry version of Lore of Beasts
- Fervor of the Wild: every successful casting gives caster +1A, or +1A to another model in 12" ( Something to give added incentive for smashy in-combat GBs!). Stackable.
- Viletide as is works
- Maybe an augment one?? All touched by it get +1 to wound/re-roll wounds?