Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Where I try to rediscover my enthusiasm for painting

Re: Where I try to rediscover my enthusiasm for painting

Morning All,

Yes I know it's been ages since I updated this plog, real life has been getting in the way of painting somewhat. I've not been entirely AWOL from my painting desk though. I finished the Rat Ogre I was doing for a work pal...did neglect to take any pictures though...I did finish it. Honest.

Also been trudging my way through the remaining Night Goblin models. Currently working on the remaining Squigs...only 8 left....

[IMG][/IMG]

I did get a bit bored of orange so knocked up a simple display base for the army...

[IMG][/IMG]

I've used a spare shelf from the set to the left in the picture. It's just about big enough for the models I've got left to paint. In addition to the 8 squigs I've only got 5 squig hoppers, 3 stone trolls, and a warlord to go. Relieved that the end is in sight!

I'll add some more pictures of the Goblins later this week as I reckon I've finished all the herders and the fanatics since I last posted anything here.

Look forward to hearing what my fellow Warseerers think of them.

Happy Painting.

Tom

Afternoon All,

As promised, more pics of finished Night Goblins.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

...And the end is nigh. Nearly finished all the Squigs. Only got 2 left to finish (The one I'm working on is out of shot)...and base them all of course.

[IMG][/IMG]

Cheers

Tom

Good Morning All,

It's been a while since I posted an update and whilst I've not managed as much painting as I would have liked due to working on more house sized projects I have done a little painting.

I've completed all the squigs herds and some squig hoppers....

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

Suffice to say I won't be painting anything orange again for a very long time!

I've also made a start on a group of 3 Stone Trolls, and I've also undercoated a Night Goblin with a big axe who will act as the Army General.

[IMG][/IMG]

I'm hoping to get these finished fairly quickly (by my standards).

Thanks for looking and as always comments and suggestions are always welcome.

Cheers

Tom

The jumping squigs are so cool! Good to see tou back at it.
    The Tabletop Showcase - A new forum dedicated solely to Project Logs and Showcases - Join us now!

The Daniel36 Chronicles - My Project Log
    My Warseer Heroes : JuicyTomatoes - Emperor Norton - Harry - Lord Dan - Ramius4 - Naitsabes - Little Joe - Boreas_NL
    (in no particular order)

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel36 View Post
    The jumping squigs are so cool!
    Thanks Daniel. I wanted to make them look a bit more dynamic, and more like the demented hopping balls of teeth they are.

Mission accomplished, if you ask me.
    The Tabletop Showcase - A new forum dedicated solely to Project Logs and Showcases - Join us now!

The Daniel36 Chronicles - My Project Log
    My Warseer Heroes : JuicyTomatoes - Emperor Norton - Harry - Lord Dan - Ramius4 - Naitsabes - Little Joe - Boreas_NL
    (in no particular order)

Hoorah! Warseer is back. Whilst the site has been down I've actually managed to get a fair bit of painting and modelling done...by my standards anyway.

First of all I've finished the Night Goblin Warboss...

Also completed are the Stone Trolls...

All of which means that bar the addition of a little snow on the odd base the Night Goblins are now completed....Only took me 10 years!!! They are now proudly on display in my miniature cabinet.

Also tidied up and organised my painting desk a bit better as well. All ready for starting the next project.

Eagle eyed viewers may notice that the next project is in fact already underway...more on that later but for now I'm going to catch up on all the returning Warseerers plogs.

Thanks for looking

Tom

Awesome, congratultions on finishing a "long term" project. And it looks very good, great painting and basing.
    my general project thread

[2016] painted: 24, added to my collection after sales and trades: 5
    [2017] painted: 25, added to my collection after sales and trades: -127

Good Evening All,

Hope you have all had a great Christmas.

Firstly...thanks Little Joe for the congratulations. I'm really pleased that I finally got the Goblins completed and overall I'm chuffed with how they have turned out.

Now on to something new....

As previously trailed both in my last post and in the facebook group, I have started a new project...in fact a whole new army. Nurgle Chaos Warriors.

I had a fair amount of the old multipart plastic warriors and knights knocking about in my various boxes and drawers of models so they seemed like a good place to start....

I've tried to Nurgle them up a bit by "battering" the armour and adding some pustules and decayed looking bits to them. I've done the same with the shields and banners too. I've attempted to make the armour and shields look a bit diseased and infected in parts by drilling some small holes and melting with polycement. It's sort of worked...not sure until I've painted some up.

I've used one spare warrior as a colour scheme tester. The scheme I had in mind was lifted from someone's plague marines in an old white dwarf. I think it will look better on the models that will actually be used in the army. The test models doesn't have the battered/melted armour they have, or the weeping pustules.

That covers the regiments I've built so far. I'll show the characters and other models in the next post.

Comments and suggestions welcome as always.

Cheers

Tom

Those Night Goblins are excellent!

I'm looking forward to seeing how these Nurgle guys end up. The test colour scheme is looking promising and I think it will really shine with the added nurglefication.

Doi

That is some good looking stuff you got there. I'm also jealous of your workspace. My workspace doubles as my computer desk.

Great looking night goblins you have and the jumping squigs are a stroke of genius. I really like your method of painting wood what colours did you use? Looking forward to seeing some more hunchback chaos warriors 4th ed is my edition.
    http://www.warseer.com/forums/showth...to-paint-again

Since 2017
    Minis bought - 12
    Minis Painted - 6

Thanks for the kind comments folks.

Doi, I'm hoping the scheme will shine with nurglefication as well. I was trying to come up with a scheme i can do fairly quickly as I'm not the fastest painter these days. On the main parts of the armour that's pretty much various drybrushes and washes so was fairly speedy to do.

The Black Shield, I've just regained my hobby room for my sole use so I guess I'm lucky in having plenty of space for models and a computer. In the opposite corner of the room I've got an old foldy out dining table which I'm using as another desk but the plan is for it to multitask as computer desk/mini photography area/battlefield.

AceRimmer, 4th ed is my edition too. The wood on the Goblins was done with Foundry paint system Spearshaft. On the nurgle warrior it was Foundry Drab with the "light" toned down a bit. Their Rawhide works well for wood also.

Now some more Nurgle!

A very old sorcerer with some minor conversion. I've given him a new hand from the plastic zombies and I didn't like the original staff so swapped this for a scythe. Sure he'll look suitably nurgley once painted

Also an old troll. I liked this model as it was but I'm wanting to convert each and every model in this army so he's been given the addition of some armoured shoulder pads. He's from the 80's after all

Thanks for looking

Tom

Can't go wrong with a scythe for Nurgle!

The troll screams 80s. Shoulder pads, top knot, and massive chains.

Doi

Evening All,

Brief update...I've started painting the Nurgle Warriors and Knights. Think they are going to be a bit lighter in colour than the test model but that's what you get for not writing down how you do things and guessing the next time.

These have been primed black, base coated with a mix of Foundry Tan and GW Abaddon Black, overbrushed with Catachan Green, then drybrushed with Foundry Forest Green light. The next stage will be washes of Thraka Green and Devlan Mud, then probably some more drybrushes. I'll see what they look like then and if the armour parts need any further washes etc...

Cheers for now

Tom
    2017 Models Bought - 28
    2017 Models Painted - 27
    2017 Models Built - 5

I think the lighter colour looks better anyway.

Doi

Quote Originally Posted by Doi View Post
    I think the lighter colour looks better anyway.
    Me too. They had a couple of washes yesterday evening which has dulled them down a bit but still lighter than the test model. Hopefully I'll get a light drybrushing done on them all this week and be able to get cracking on all the detail bits.

Tom
    2017 Models Bought - 28
    2017 Models Painted - 27
    2017 Models Built - 5

This looks great. Seems like Hall of Heroes material to me.
    Here is a link to the WarSeer Forum FAQ. Please read it. Want to support WarSeer? Here's how.

Blood for the Blood God!: My Word Bearers Plog

Afternoon everyone,

Only a brief update...I've been slowly making progress on the Nurgle Warriors and Knights and got the rusty bits of all the armour about done. Just the addition of the final metallic highlight to do....

Not the best pic but hopefully you get the idea.

Not in the picture but I've also made a start on the Sorcerer and made a bit more progress on some of the horses...not enough to warrant a photo though.

Cheers for now

Tom
    2017 Models Bought - 28
    2017 Models Painted - 27
    2017 Models Built - 5

Excellent progress. These models remind me of my first Chaos army (though I went with a blue scheme). Looking forward to seeing them finished!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast