Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: The tiny army

Veteran Sergeant

Re: The tiny army

Got two more done this evening, got some extra bits and made two warrior priests. Well at least one of them looks like he can pull it of. What do you think?

Veteran Sergeant

So had some time over and got two more finished.

Veteran Sergeant

So five more halberds and 2 old GW halflings. The third one is not a halfling, but he is short.

Veteran Sergeant

Just got 2 boxes in the mail, the huge pile of unpainted stuff is getting bigger. And the 40k side project is taking some time, but I found a some time to paint up this ogre, two of his friends are on the way together with a new unit. I think there will be another update tomorrow.

Wow, really nice! Lots of character, very inspirational! Some of your earlier faces look a bit blurry, but that is perhaps the camera? Otherwise, you could try to highlight them a bit after washing?

Looking forward to see more!

Edit: Have you seen these? http://www.warploqueminiatures.co.uk...gs-hobbleshire
    Last edited by speleman; 07-10-2012 at 10:12.
    My Southern Empire (Nuln, Stirland, Wissenland, Mordheim) Plog; http://www.warseer.com/forums/showth...rhaps-more-%29

Veteran Sergeant

Speleman: Well I can blame the camera I am just using a camera phone. But that wouldn't be the whole story, I know that I am a sloppy painter.
    I highlight characters but rank and file models go in the cupboard with a mental "ill highlight it later" and then never do it. I got 4 army's about 6000-8000 point that is almost finished but needs that last going over to look good.
    If I could just learn to stop buying new stuff all the time maybe I would finish up what I have.

And yes love warplougeminiatures models, 12 of his halberds is painted up and some archers, spearmen and one ramrider is in the pile waiting to get painted.

Veteran Sergeant

Ok so I know they are not halflings... But I couldn't resist. I have some fluff floating around in my head, but nothing on paper yet. If anything comes to mind feel free to post it.
    I made the eyes green to make them seem more like non halflings (yea nobody notices the wings).
    I would have liked to have the same weapons on all of them but it was random figures in boxes of 6 and only 12 different models so i had to work with what I had.

Veteran Sergeant

Ok had a hard time getting a good photo of these. My hunt for a good swan models hasn't been going well. So I bought a couple of these instead to use as "Swan riders"

great army, very unique.

Veteran Sergeant

williamsond: Thank you.

So not getting much painting done, having big battles 2 vs 2 (6k-8) every weekend. And the halflings has seen some action. One on one they have a hard time winning the battles.
    But 2 vs 2 they can be really deadly to most opponents.

Back to painting only have to ogres to show of. They could use a bit more brushwork. They are painted to match the halberds.

Veteran Sergeant

With little time to paint this update will not be halfling related. With WOC getting some new stuff I had to paint this one up as its been in a box for to long.

Chaos lord/hero/champion

Veteran Sergeant

So nothing new painted but been working on my ram rider knights. Trying to get some armour pieces on them but my skills with green stuff is lacking.
    But a few of them I can show off.
    Now I just need to get some paint on them.

The cherub unit is really unique and I love it. The green eyes give them a otherworldly look. Nice start on those knight, they seem really convincing!
    The eternal growing process of my Waagh!
    -Tales of an illimitate passion for greenskins-
    >My DeviantArt gallery<

Veteran Sergeant

Thitanium Prince: Thank you, I am quite happy with them.

So 4 riders are done. The main colours of the unit is yellow and red/green. Do not want them to look to hard, they are halflings after all.
    Two rank and file a musician and a hero/champion. Got ten more rams to paint up, and want another mount for my lord that will be leading the unit. Been looking at the sabretusks and might buy one for him, but not sure yet.

The halflings above (heroes and halberdiers) are from white knight are they not? How do you feel about their miniatures? I am tempted to order a couple for my empire. They are GW sized, right? how about detail?
    My Southern Empire (Nuln, Stirland, Wissenland, Mordheim) Plog; http://www.warseer.com/forums/showth...rhaps-more-%29

Veteran Sergeant

Speleman: Yes they are from white knight. My biggest reason for buying them was just the possibility for halberds. They are GW sized and good detail.
    And they are 3 part models head, body and weapon so you can make a lot of different models.
    There are a few halfling heads I didn't like, but you can always order some extra heads.
    And a few of the models have shoes, which can bother a few people but I didn't mind.
    All in all, great models that rank up nicely. Just have to finish the unit.

Thanks Ill convert the shoes, but thats a minor problem. They look nice

Veteran Sergeant

So I managed to find some painting time. But progress is slow.
    But here is 4 more knights.

Great goat riders! Warplock's models works wonderfully as a champion!
    The eternal growing process of my Waagh!
    -Tales of an illimitate passion for greenskins-
    >My DeviantArt gallery<

Veteran Sergeant

Thank you, yes it stands out from the rest, and have found a mount for my lord that rides with them. Secret for now but will order it in a few days.
    Needed a break from the rams so painted up a warmachine and some housewifes.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast