Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: The tiny army

Chapter Master

Re: The tiny army

Lovely army

I think everything is cute and awesome but the housewives are plain scary... Bludgeoning their enemies to death with brooms, frying pans... Thats going to take ages
    My Necromunda log, Shedan's Skullbashers! click me - 30-07 terrain update
    My Empire log, Altdorf mountain patrol -> click me - 24-6 artillary updated
    40K campaign with friends! click me started date 01-11-2013

That is one great looking army. I really like those wasps.

Cheers,
    G
    WAAAGH GHAZAK, fear the might from the goblins
    Never underestimate the power of mushroom driven fanatic's

My greenskin blog

Veteran Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Demoulius View Post
    Lovely army

I think everything is cute and awesome but the housewives are plain scary... Bludgeoning their enemies to death with brooms, frying pans... Thats going to take ages
    Thank you, he he yes they are a bit scary but still they are one of my favourite unit.

Quote Originally Posted by juicytomatoes View Post
    Great work on the demiwasps! A very novel idea. The dragon looks good too. What will the small dragon be? I'm guessing a unicorn? The base doesn't seem to imply that tho...

Ah skaven... I do not know how to beat that army. I keep hearing the skaven general in my group say 'oh they will blow themselves up' and 'oh i do not know what to do with them here and there'. What I see from my end is that the entire deployment zone for the skaven is covered and there are units in front of other units. "What's the problem?" is what I keep asking myself...

You are really cracking them out at a good pace, I have to say. So when do we get an army shot?
    Thank you, I want to buy more of them.
    Yeah the small dragon, to be honest I don't really know what I will use it for. I got the model when I bought some other stuff. I just wanted to paint it up.

Well i was a bit disappointed at my pace, I am painting up an eldar and bretonnia armys at the same time but thank you once again.
    I have some days of now so I need to fix some bases, then we will see if I can get an armyshot this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord Ghazak Gazhkull View Post
    That is one great looking army. I really like those wasps.

Cheers,
    G
    Thanx

So just some more photos nothing new, But I try to get some more this week.

Just for size

This plog is great. As others have said, very characterful and the paintjobs are great. What an awesome collection. Glad you found Warploque's stuff, which I love.

If I could make one constructive criticism, it would be that while the wasp on the banner has an almost "fuzzy" look to his stripes, which I think looks great, you could use the same look on the wasps themselves, and I think they would look more realistic. Also it would save you having to be so precise with their banding, which is probably a pain.

What an army! I'd love to play against you. Next time I'm in Sweden I'll look you up, lol
    My Vampire Counts/HeroQuest Plog: http://www.wickedmetal.blogspot.com
    I'm coining it right now, Warhammer 20K.
    Violently opposed to plogs with LINKS to big pictures, instead of big pictures on the plog...
    "If you make me click through, no comments for you!"

Veteran Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by benvoliothefirst View Post
    This plog is great. As others have said, very characterful and the paintjobs are great. What an awesome collection. Glad you found Warploque's stuff, which I love.

If I could make one constructive criticism, it would be that while the wasp on the banner has an almost "fuzzy" look to his stripes, which I think looks great, you could use the same look on the wasps themselves, and I think they would look more realistic. Also it would save you having to be so precise with their banding, which is probably a pain.

What an army! I'd love to play against you. Next time I'm in Sweden I'll look you up, lol
    I had a dooh moment when I read about the fuzzy banner, of course that would have saved me a lot of work. So simple yet I didn't even think about it.
    Thanx and I am always up for a game =)

Veteran Sergeant

Yeah armyshot... hmm that was not easy. To get them all in one shot and still have lightning. I might do it again outside later this summer.
    This is what is painted atm, I have a bit under 100 halflings yet to paint.
    But warning for bad pictures.

Veteran Sergeant

Wohoo my halflings are going to an tournament next weekend, sure it will be with another book (Bretonnia). But I am happy and have a nice feeling going there.
    I have no goals to win any games, and I am not aiming to compete with the best, just fun nothing else.

The hungry lady
    The Bretonnia army on their way home battle weary and tired passed through the moot.
    Lotho Highhill overheard a conversation the knights had, it was something about a lady and her being hungry and she had a loot of food at home. At least he thought it was something like that, he wasn't sure because he was a bit occupied enjoying some grilled sausages after dinner.
    All though he wasn't a big fan of fighting and war, he could understand the knights. They fought to keep their food, and to protect some lady that gave them food. And he had to admit all that shiny armour looked good. After some time lost in daydreaming Lotho decided. He would be a knight, he would fight for that lady with the food. He would fight for the hungry lady.
    And he brought some friends.

Lotho on his Rhino.

Knight Errants

Paladin on pegasus.

Veteran Sergeant

Treb

Mounted Yeoman

men-at-arms

Veteran Sergeant

And if I get this guy done, he will replace the errant knight banner

And the not that important units in the army.
    Knights of the realm

Grail Knights

Fantastic looking army you have there... really like the look and feel. Job well done - and I agree that the Halfling Housewives look like they could be a troublesome unit to face...
    I've started a Painting / Modelling log - you can find it here!

Veteran Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Kren View Post
    Fantastic looking army you have there... really like the look and feel. Job well done - and I agree that the Halfling Housewives look like they could be a troublesome unit to face...
    Thank you, id love to get more housewifes, but its a bit hard to find models.

Quick update after the tournament, had a great time. 44 great armies fought for glory
    After the first day I was wondering what was happening, with 2 wins and one narrow loss I was on position 11.
    The second day I got crushed twice and finished the tournament at 24 out of 44.
    But I had a great time, and it made me want to start building more halfling knights.
    I was thinking of using the new dwarfs, greenstuff+goblin legs. The one thing I am missing is the heads, I want to see the halflings and not just use armoured heads.
    And I want a different mount for them, to make them stand out as either errants or realm knights.
    Tips are most welcome

Chapter Master

Where are the housewives from? I couldn't find them w a google search. Great army. I want to use some halflings in my bretonnian and empire armies as filler.

Veteran Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Petey View Post
    Where are the housewives from? I couldn't find them w a google search. Great army. I want to use some halflings in my bretonnian and empire armies as filler.
    Thats hard to remember. All off them are from different companies. Those i can remember at the top off my head
    reaper
    battleforge
    hasselfree
    warplouge

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5