Simple Teleporter Unit Rules I have played a few games with and wanted to share with others and see how others like these rules I came up with.
1: A personal teleporter can be given to any marine before the start of game or depending on mission specs a number of marines may be equipped with a teleporter unit..
2. If a player chooses to use a teleporter in an emergency he will place a teleporter token at the location he wishes to teleport to. The Genestealer player will then place 5 other teleporter tokens around the map "see restrictions", once placement of all tokens is completed the marine will rule a 6 sided dice the number that comes up represents the location that the marine will teleport to..
3. once a player uses a teleporter the player moves the teleport counter down..
Special Space Hulk Rules Add-on to mission counter / Teleporter Counter
When a un-crewed space hulk appears in the material world there are two risks posed for conducting operations on a ship, Due to Space Hulks uncontrolled warp travel teleportation poses two risks!
1. Teleporter Tracker Counter starts at 10
2. each time a player is forced to teleport a unit it draws the risk of drawing attention of demonic presence in the warp after the teleporter counter has reached 5 the player must start to role for risk of causing a rift in the warp and releasing a demonic entity.
3. Should the player be forced to teleport more often then he wishes the player also runs the risk of causing the space hulk to slip back into the warp if the counter reaches 1 the player must also roll to see if the ship slips back into the warp resulting in the marines being stranded on the hulk and game over..
1. A token that is placed must have 1 space open on atlest two sides to be place-able.. This means a token may not be placed inside a group of genestealers since all sides would be blocked. A Teleport token can be placed in corridor so long as a square in front or back of token is unblocked..
2. Teleporter tokens can only be placed on the first floor of a multi story map and can not be placed on the lower level.. Due to the thickness of space hulks and material of the walls and the fact that some parts of a hulk can shift about makes conducting safe teleports only the top most levels.
3. Although teleporting on a Space Hulk is possible in some area's of a ship other areas that are often strategically vital parts of ships such as the following area's Control Bridges, Escape Pod Rooms, and Engine Rooms cannot be teleported into due to when a ship is being built it is constructed in such a way as to shield and prevent an enemy from teleporting an assault team into those areas, but such shielding is expensive and resource intensive so shielding is often limited to only these most vital area's leaving others parts of the ship unshielded and depended on a ships security team to deal with intruders..
Liberian: Due to his training a Liberian may conduct a teleport without the player having to move the "Teleport Tracker" counter down and not have to worry about the ship slipping back into the warp, but Due to the Liberian's nature and power if he teleports he poses the highest risk of attracting a demon.
Teleporter Tokens: small scraps of paper can be used as long as they are marked with a number.
Let me know how these rules play out for you if you try it in your space hulk games!