Thread: point value of models in Dark Vengeance

point value of models in Dark Vengeance

If there is already a threat with this topic, I have not been able to find it. If that is the case, simply lock this thread.

I'm sitting here with my new Dark Vengeance set, and I have realised that there are no point value listed for the Helbrute, but more importantly neither is there a pointvalue listed for chaos cultist. Since none of them is in the current CSM codex I cannot use them in games other than the starter set. What would you set as pts value for cultists? I'm thinking of 4pts each, since they are similar to guardsmen, with a worse save, no orders, and smaller acces to speciel weapons. What are your thoughts on this?

Chapter Master Inquisitor Kallus's Avatar
    Maps used to say there were dragons here...

Re: point value of models in Dark Vengeance

the new chaos codex will tell you when it is released more than likely. Though for now your points value seems adequate and id be happy with that.

Seems about right, but don't forget to add some points for the special weapons and unit leaders if you use them. I'd say maybe +10 for the champion (if he has a higher Ld) and +5 for each weapon.
    How Flayed Ones infiltrate:

Quote Originally Posted by Memnos
    "Fleshling! Do not shoot! For I am one of you fleshy things. It is I. Your Uncle Stan. Can't you tell by the long strips of fleshy substances covered in bodily fluids? Trust me! I have fleeeeeeeeesh."

It's either a monumental mistake from GW, or a monumental hint that the new CSM codex will be here Real Soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Clang View Post
    It's either a monumental mistake from GW, or a monumental hint that the new CSM codex will be here Real Soon.
    I can guarantee that I'm not the only one who expects the former and hopes for the latter. In the meantime, house rules will have to do.

With regards,
    Dan.
    Quote Originally Posted by nosebiter View Post
    The new chaos dex can for me be summed up easily: bland, boring, uninteresting and mediocre.

Quote Originally Posted by Aluinn View Post
    Seems about right, but don't forget to add some points for the special weapons and unit leaders if you use them. I'd say maybe +10 for the champion (if he has a higher Ld) and +5 for each weapon.
    If the champ cost 10 points that would make the cultists cost the same as a 10 man guardsmen squad and also the same price as a 10 man warrior acolyte squad with Bolters.

Cultists at the moment without any special rules are clearly inferior to both, I’d personally think that the Cultist Champion would be free, 5 points for the weapons does sound fair though.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cultist Screenshot Cropped.jpg 
Views:	1139 
Size:	256.9 KB 
ID:	153261Hey bro had the same problem hope this helps....

Chapter Master

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos!!!XXMOSHXX View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cultist Screenshot Cropped.jpg 
Views:	1139 
Size:	256.9 KB 
ID:	153261Hey bro had the same problem hope this helps....
    That isn't even vaguely correct
    Science without violence is...
    boring.

Really, you don't take a look in the news & rumours section?
    CC cultist are 55 for ten including the leader and the flamer. 10 Shooting cultists are 65 points with the stubber and the leader.

Chapter Master AlphariusOmegon20's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zmyeevich View Post
    If there is already a threat with this topic, I have not been able to find it. If that is the case, simply lock this thread.

I'm sitting here with my new Dark Vengeance set, and I have realised that there are no point value listed for the Helbrute, but more importantly neither is there a pointvalue listed for chaos cultist. Since none of them is in the current CSM codex I cannot use them in games other than the starter set. What would you set as pts value for cultists? I'm thinking of 4pts each, since they are similar to guardsmen, with a worse save, no orders, and smaller acces to speciel weapons. What are your thoughts on this?
    The Helbrute should be points valued somewhere in the area of a Chaos Dreadnought, as that's what Chaos dreadnoughts are called now.

Pazuzu has roughly the correct cost for cultists.
    "From the fires of betrayal, Unto the blood of revenge, We bring the word of Lorgar, The Bearer of the Word, The favored son of Chaos; All praise be given unto him, For those that would not heed, We offer praise to those that do, That they might turn their gaze our way, And gift us with the boon of pain, To turn the galaxy red with blood, and feed the hunger of the Gods." - Excerpt of the 341st book of the Epistles of Lorgar.

Waaagh! Gutzag - my first 40K Plog