Page 1 of 85 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread: Warriors of Chaos Rumours II

Warriors of Chaos Rumours II

In an effort to pull together what few rumours we have …
    I have started threads for each of the armies rumoured to be somewhere in the pipeline.
    I will do my best to keep the first posts updated as more rumours appear in these threads.
    I have tried to remember as much as I can of what has been posted so far.
    I will have missed or forgotten some of it ... so, any rumours that have been posted please just remind me ‘who’ said ‘what’ and I will update this first post.

Not sure why the last thread got closed but as I am pretty sure these guys are still next up ... it would be nice to keep a thread open to discuss the rumours.

Warriors of Chaos:

NEW RUMOURS:

Release Date:
    Coming in a number of waves.
    First wave with out the book. (WD pdate)
    First wave (as predicted) October/November.
    Next wave February/March.

Models:
    Warshrine
    Skull crushers
    Hellstriders.
    2 Finecast characters
    One new one (Valkia) and one old favorite.(Scyla)
    (Harry)

Too early to call bobbins on everything below ... lots of what has been rumoured could still appear in the book and in later waves.

Release Date:
    There are rumours that they will come in Q4 This year (Hastings) October (Avian, Eldargal) End October/start November (Harry) December (Darnock/Birdy, MsDarkness) Just in time for Haloween (Scoopdeta) Some talk around the interwebz that WoC may be delayed.

Author: Unknown. Not even sure there is a book coming. (Harry)
    Rules:
    The Storm of Chaos. Just when they thought it was safe to go back in the water ...
    Archaon has been redone and his story will be the backbone of the storyline for the new book. It will look at his re-emergence from the chaos waste and the gathering of another Army to march upon the Empire.
    The book will also focus more on several of the larger tribes. Not a huge focus, just some background stories.
    We will see a real Germanic feel with the book, in regards to the savage marauding tribes.
    There will also be renewed focus on the Chaos Gods and independent heroes for each one of them. People will be able to tailor their Army to run on a single God easier than before. (Birdy via Harry)
    Krom is in the book. (MsDarkness)
    Van Horstmann in as a special character can use Light and Tzeentch magic. (MsDarkness)
    Van Horstmann gets a lot of attention in the new book. (Birdy via Harry)

Models:
    Plastic chariot/warshrine. (Hastings, Harry, NatTreehouse, Scoopdeta, Darnocks Birdy) Chaos Warshrine- This will be the big kit for the WoC and will be similar to what was released for the Empire in regards to their altar. It will be a large kit that has options for each of the Chaos Gods. The sculpt will be on the same base size at the war altar. (Birdy via Harry)
    New Monsterous cavalry unit. (Harry, Birdy via Harry) Not sure if this is the Dragon Ogres or something else on top of or instead of the dragon ogres.
    Don’t be surprised if there is a few monsterous cavalry options. (TheDarkGeneral) Monsterous options for chariot steeds and warshrine.(Valdaraukar)
    Plastic Dragon Ogres. (Hastings, NatTreeHouse, Harry)
    New poseable Dragon Ogres similar to the Minotaur sprues!!! YES!!!! Finally options for Xtra Weapons or Great Weapons and larger models that represent what a Dragon Ogre size wise should look like! And lil' bitz for "marked" units!!!(TheDarkGeneral).
    On Bigger bases than current Dragon Ogres. (Birdy via Harry)
    I vagually rememeber a description I was given of the Dragon Ogres a long time ago. It sounded like the bodies were a lot more solid and stocky more rhino that dragon ... The description reminded me of a zoat more centaur like with the ogre part of the body very upright and at right angles to the back of the lower body ... quite different from the current models. Also wearing armour that made them look much more part of the Warriors of Chaos army. (Harry)
    I've heard that the plastic dragon ogres are very old ones that were declined from the previous release but that they've been reworked a little. I've also heard that from the play test rules there is (currently) an option to mount a chaos knight on them! I've also heard some plastic chaos ogres (which are also older sculpts) may also be getting released this time around and that they're "not very good"...(Birdy via Darnok)
    A Large plastic kit (that I'll leave as a surprise). (Hastings) (Presumably the Dragon)
    Plastic forsaken. (Hastings, NatTreehouse, Harry)
    Forsaken and chosen in one combined kit (Kyte)
    New plastic Marauders. Completely redone with several weapons choices. (Birdy via Harry)
    There are also youngbloods which will be smaller and nearly naked models with throwing knives/axes and such that burst out of the units of marauders. (Birdy via Harry)
    Chaos Dragon Kit. (Msdarkness)
    Finecast Characters (Hastings)
    Throgg Troll king. (Hastings, Darnocks Birdy) Huge and close to artwork in current book (Darnocks Birdy)
    Each God will have a modeled character to lead mono army builds. (Birdy via Harry)
    Archaon has been remodeled and apparently is amazing, with option of being on foot or mounted.(Birdy via Harry)
    Plastic chaos sorcerer (Hastings)
    Female witch (Eldargal)
    Valkia the bloody (Eldargal) Egrimm Van Horstmann has been resculpted. He comes mounted on an awesome new dragon sculpt. (Birdy via Harry)
    Zoat's for Chaos (once again) is indeed a rumor that I heard along with new monstrous cav for chosen style marked knights! ... Snip ... (Zoats are always associated with wood elves) ... Snip ... in truth Chaos could take Zoats back in 3rd Edition from the Slaves to Darkness & Lost and the Damned Chaos books. (TheDarkGeneral).

BRING IT ON!
    Last edited by Harry; 24-10-2012 at 06:59.
    Founding father of J.A.D.E.D. Jerks Against Directors Extraordinary Decisions.
    My Project Log "This week I have mostly been painting ...."
    My other log of Vintage stuff: "A Blast from the Past"
    You might also like: "'Ere be Giants"
    <

Commander

Re: Warriors of Chaos Rumours II

I see in the near future 2 pages from now this thread will go wildly off topic.

Until then thanks for all the time and effort put into these threads. Can't wait to see a what the new book brings.
    <

It is no problem ... I enjoy reading the rumours as much as the rest of you ....
    .... and seeing what turns out to be true.

Happy to keep these threads so folks have something to talk about. I enjoy reading the debate. Helps to keep me excited about what's coming next even when it is months away. This in turn helps me stay motivated to get stuff painted before the new stuff arrives.

If it wasn't for rumours there is a risk I would loose interest all together the length of time we have to wait for them to release stuff.

So the rumours thing for me is all very self serving.
    Last edited by Harry; 16-09-2012 at 06:04.
    Founding father of J.A.D.E.D. Jerks Against Directors Extraordinary Decisions.
    My Project Log "This week I have mostly been painting ...."
    My other log of Vintage stuff: "A Blast from the Past"
    You might also like: "'Ere be Giants"
    <

Commander

Harry like anyone with power, of course uses it at least in part for himself
    <

Happy to keep these threads so folks have something to talk about. I enjoy reading the debate. Helps to keep me excited about what's coming next even when it is months away. This in turn helps me stay motivated to get stuff painted before the new stuff arrives.

If it wasn't for rumours there is a risk I would loose interest all together the length of time we have to wait for them to release stuff.
    So true!
    And, as a silent reader for many years, thanks alot Harry (and Hastings, Darnock and the others - no one mentioned, no one forgotten) for keeping rumours flowing!
    <

Quote Originally Posted by Why View Post
    I see in the near future 2 pages from now this thread will go wildly off topic.
    Lol, and that is probably the most off-topic reply there is. So... whatever man.

I am feeling a HUGE and really cool and super epic campaign coming up once Chaos Warriors is released.
    Really, they are the most destructively minded army out there (especially when you couple them with Beastmen and Daemons) and they seem to be the biggest threat to Empire after Vampires (which, incidentally, don't make a bad ally to Chaos either).

I am very excited about this release. I sold off all my Chaos Warriors a while back but the person I sold most to has been painting them to a very nice standard, so I am not too sad. I got some reinforcements for free by a friend and then got a really good deal for another set, so I actually have an army lying around right now. So I am very excited. While I usually dislike the focus on special characters, I am actually not that bothered by Archaon taking center stage this time.

Cool stuff!
    The Tabletop Showcase - A new forum dedicated solely to Project Logs and Showcases - Join us now!

The Daniel36 Chronicles - My Project Log
    My Warseer Heroes : JuicyTomatoes - Emperor Norton - Harry - Lord Dan - Ramius4 - Naitsabes - Little Joe - Boreas_NL
    (in no particular order)
    <

Chapter Master

The rumor of Zoats has me intrigued, especially as in the SoM book they cast life spells and are background-ed as living in forests. Doesn't seem like a good match to me, but I'm probably wrong.
    <

Thanks for keeping rumors tidy - maybe its reasonable to put all the other tidied up threads to rumor roundup section so it doesn t get spammedand an new info there?
    Henric Kemmler and Krell will be banished by my sword! I ll revenge my fathers death by His blessed weapons!
    Ave dame du Lac! Ave Notre Dame de Batallie!
    The arrows are clinging off your armor, but one is enough to your throat. And even if you are born a great fighter, you shall not come back home! (from a brettonnian chanson)
    <

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman View Post
    The rumor of Zoats has me intrigued, especially as in the SoM book they cast life spells and are background-ed as living in forests. Doesn't seem like a good match to me, but I'm probably wrong.
    Expect them to make an appearance in Wood Elf book. They're not going to be in WoC book. (he says confidently!)
    Quote Originally Posted by shelfunit. View Post
    [Describing the ending of Storm of Chaos] Shower door opens, Karl Franz turns around and says "Morning..."
    Skaw's initial optimisim about Wood Elves being re-released in mid 2013 is slipping... Early 2014 ftw! [EDIT: Nailed it! ]
    <

Veteran Sergeant

I hope WoC retain Ogres in their army list; I've saved 50 by using my Ironguts to represent Chaos Ogres
    <

I'm interested in seeing the new Dragon Ogres. I could imagine them being on the Demigryph/Bull Centaur bases, since the new Bull Centaurs are a similar concept and quite large.

Van Horstman sounds still fantastic, and overall the release both sounds very large and very tempting. I'll reserve final judgement for when I see pictures.
    Look upon us and Despair, for we are the End, the Decay of all things, the horror of rot and the blessing of plague.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Damocles View Post
    There's your problem. One person's 'sensible and popular' is another person's Codex: Grey Knights.
    <

Chapter Master

I'm also all for the new dragon ogres. It's something I would like to include in my army but just couldn't what with the decades old sculps not fitting as well next to newer models
    <

Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, UK ( Land of sheep and cheap ale )

After getting all excited over the Empire book I got a little bit of an anti climax and I was left feeling disappointed over all.

With this release I'm being more reserved, hopefully my patience will be rewarded by a lb awesome new book
    I sold my soul for plastic playthings and six sided sirens.
    <

I just feel it in my guts that my wallet will lose alot of weight once this stuff hits the shelves
    <

Veteran Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Valden View Post
    I hope WoC retain Ogres in their army list; I've saved 50 by using my Ironguts to represent Chaos Ogres
    I hope so too. I've 10 Ogres with WoC helmets and tatoos, and I really want them to be in the new book. However, no rumours have been posted about Chaos Ogres. They aren't much importand in Woc history either, so I'm getting a bit worried...
    <

Chapter Master

Quote Originally Posted by RanaldLoec View Post
    After getting all excited over the Empire book I got a little bit of an anti climax and I was left feeling disappointed over all.

With this release I'm being more reserved, hopefully my patience will be rewarded by a lb awesome new book
    The empire book was a bit of a mixed bag for me too.

I have a feeling WoC will be a better list. Even if they give us heavy armour and reduce the stats a bit, they will still have a great model range and great background.
    <

One thing there in particular catches my eye: plastic Chosen. Although the current models are very nice, they are rather expensive...
    <

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman View Post
    The empire book was a bit of a mixed bag for me too.

I have a feeling WoC will be a better list. Even if they give us heavy armour and reduce the stats a bit, they will still have a great model range and great background.
    I'm interested that Chosen and Forsaken are rumoured to be same kit. In my minds eye, they are very different with very different profiles (presumanly, as Forsaken don't currently exist). I had always thought Forsaken will be very spawn like - maybe their fluff will be amended to reflect that, or maybe Chosen are getting even more chaotic. Personally, I think that would be good, there's not sufficient difference currently between Chosen and Warriors.
    Quote Originally Posted by shelfunit. View Post
    [Describing the ending of Storm of Chaos] Shower door opens, Karl Franz turns around and says "Morning..."
    Skaw's initial optimisim about Wood Elves being re-released in mid 2013 is slipping... Early 2014 ftw! [EDIT: Nailed it! ]
    <

Chapter Master

I think the tweak they will do is equipment. The core warriors and marauders along with chosen had so much variety in gear that it was too much. If you say limit GW to chosen then it makes them a little more special if you get my meaning.

I'm waiting for CSM to pass us so we start to hear more concrete stuff
    <

I can see warriors going back to how they were in the Hordes of Chaos book with 1 attack each but keeping the chaos armour. I saw it mentioned a while back that forsaken could be getting moved to core, if this is true it would make forsaken viable as they would be faster and have more attacks than chaos warriors but would suffer in that they have no command, less armour, lower leadership and cannot be given marks of chaos.
    Last edited by Bun Bun; 17-09-2012 at 02:08.
    A species is defined by many things. As it lives, as it grows, it creates artifacts. It passes its genius into those things, they become a part of its soul, a living record of its psyche. We create, we fashion, we mold, we make, that is the essence of us, what sets us apart from the beasts, who cannot, and the gods, who do not deign to.
    <

Page 1 of 85 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast