Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: The eternal growing process of my Waagh!

The eternal growing process of my Waagh!

Hi First of all excuse me for my poor english, I'm still practicing. I'm a long time lurker, some months ago I signed up and only today I decided to start my plog also here ^^ Maybe some of you recognize the title of my thread from Da Warpath, my old, dear greenskin home, and I invite you to visit my plog on that forum if you want to see all the wip photos of my minis.
    I'm a absolute greenskin lover, I collected them for over eight years and I can't stop adding new stuff to my army. Currently I'm nearing 9000 points of troops, reaching easily 12-13000 with all the heroes, it's not totally legal game-wise, but I'm mostly interested in the collection, conversion and painting side of the hobby, plus I live in a Warhammer-free zone . My painting standard is not really high, I call it FPS: for personal satisfation xD A decent, quick level
    I have lots and lots of photos, but I'm looking to redo most of my old, crappy photos and post the new ones here ^^
    I decided to divide my army in sub-sections, every one of them with a particular theme. I decided to work on one of them for the next Armies on parade: it's an army eavily inspired by the 'Ard boyz lists you could find on Storm of Chaos. Most of the models will be converted and unique, except for the 77 metal black orcs, obviously xD Here's the plan:
    Since that image I changed it a lot, removing the boar boyz and adding Ruglud's unit and a Gork idol.
    I love to work on big 'uns, and these are some of them from my first unit:

Here is the wip second big'uns unit, converted from lots of different models and kits. The last rank is still incomplete. Don't pay attention to the painted bits, I bought them used and they where already painted, but will be redone in my style, obviously ^^

The third and last (for now xD) unit will be mostly made with 5th-6th edition boar boyz converted with regular boyz legs. They came quite higher than the normal warriors and they're quite different. I'm still waiting for some bits, tho.

My immortulz are going to be entirely converted or made of limited models, too, but I have not a recent photo, so I will leave a link to the old one.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1020551.jpg 
Views:	221 
Size:	81.4 KB 
ID:	155951

Name:	P1020552.jpg 
Views:	243 
Size:	71.4 KB 
ID:	155952

Name:	P1020553.jpg 
Views:	165 
Size:	72.5 KB 
ID:	155953

Aaaand, last one for today (although I still have lots to post), a really old shaman, dated 1987, if I'm not wrong, so older than me xD The skull is not an original piece of the model, but when I received the miniature part of the staff was missing, so I decided that a single modern bit would have not ruined the atmosphere :P

He's going to lead my walking (similar to the FW one) Gork idol to war, so it will have a modular base to fit in the bigger idol one

Cheers.
    Federico

Re: The eternal growing process of my Waagh!

Great army thitanium! great army!

Thanks chaqua, I'm glad you like it
    A couple more pics
    This is a model that I love, the marauder shaman on gigantic spider. The base is not so good, as I tried to make a swamp effect but I didn't have a resin water effect, so I used an alternative method. He will lead my classic spider riders

Here's one of my mouflon riders, made mainly from the old, awesome Zvezda auroch-riders and converted with only a couple GW bits to fit my army. They're on demigryph bases and I will build 6 of them
    The mouflon-riders of Gromank bronze-horn joined the horde of the Once and future git in a total silence. They're large and muscular orcs, they could easily compete in size with the most powerful Big'uns of the army, many of them wore heavy fur coats, a sign that they were unaccustomed to temperatures much colder than the continental climate typical of the Badlands. Most superstitious boyz began to avoid them like the plague, firmly believing that they had been corrupted in some way from the chaos of the far north: in the war the riders wore of weapons of human shape, almost certainly from Norsca, and shields painted with horned skull motifs. They charge headlong into battle, sweeping off by their mere size the first lines of the enemy, opening a passage for the other troops; in desperate situations, as a last defense, they use a technique learned from the mouflon themselves: they stand firmly in a circle and try to reject the enemy, startling him with guttural screams and bellows.

This model is from Dragonrune, I love their models, but they're too big to look right on the standard 25x25mm bases, so I put them on 40mm bases. Rule-wise they could be similar to the ironguts I only have the warrior in the photo, the banner bearer and the musician, but I would like to find the other ones to build a complete unit. This one is called "Da Juggernaut", guess why xD
    They were considered extinct for a long time in the old world, but with the awakening of the Once and future git, they descended from the mountains of the End of the world to vent their pent-up fury over the centuries. They share a common ancestor with the orcs, but an evolutionary convergence due to hostile environments shared with the Ogre has made them more like the latter, while maintaining a characteristic green skin. Humans called them and Orcogres and Grimgor, seeing in them powerful allies, ordered to forge for them some huge armor pieces similar to those of blacks orcs. They go to battle in quite big packs and bring with them huge axes, some of which are much taller than a man. Although more lucid and intelligent than normal orcs, orcogres share with them the innate violence: the mournful sound of their horns in battle is always an omen of terrible carnage.
    Last edited by Thitanium Prince; 26-10-2012 at 08:01.

Awesome stuff you have here! Love your conversions ... Those Immortulz look über sweet! I know you said you had no recent pics of them But I sure would like to see some
    My Ogre Marvel Heroes (Upd. Jul.28.15) , My O&Gs(Upd Aug.02.15), My Dwarfs,(Upd 3.26.16) My 40k plog () (Upd 3.26.16) , Paint-off , MichaelJames vs. Localicious
    Minies bought/painted-ratio 2014 - 149/70 .. am I the only one failing that ratio big time ? :P

Ok, I'm going to take some new photos of those big boyz (they're still wip unfortunately ) thanks a lot for your comment, I really appreciate it ^^

Sorry for the double post, but I made some new photos of the Immortulz. They're far from completion, but the previous photos showed a too early phase of them
    First rank:

from the left, we have: Onliork & Stanliob (GD 2007 Warboss), Runnadunna (Scratchbuildt musician), Grimgor himself, Taugrek the throttler (Limited army BSB), Borgut Facebeater (I decided to include him in Grimgor's personal guard, instead of making him an indipendent character) and Badrukk 'eadsplitta (GD 2000 Black orc warboss)

Second rank:

Grumlok & Gazbad (WAR limited), Kakkork (scratcbuildt orc with a glaive), Da Ram (WIP conversion from the AOBR warboss, he also have a glaive, don't ask me why xD), Musone (scratchbuildt orc with axe)

Third (wip) rank:

Giganto (WIP conversion from a metal 40k warboss), Captin Grotto and his monkey Jack (obviously converted from Badrukk), Zodgrod da pirate (converted from an old 40k omonymous runtherd)

The unit will have a 4th rank and I will complete the third with some filler. I decided that since almost every big'un in my army could easily pass for a boss, every Grimgor's guard could pass for a warboss. (and this is also an excuse to find an use for all those warboss models I have) Everyone of the immortulz will have some written fluff, cause I guess they deserve it and cause I love to write BG stories.

Aaaand, here's some random old stuff from my army ^^
    I'm building a 165 strong squig herd, that will include squigs, herders, giant squigs, squig hoppers and all the squig-related stuff I can find I almost finished assembling it, but I have no photos yet. Anyway I bought three gigantic squigs through a kickstarter-like funding from a spanish guy some time ago. It will be a nice filler in the herd ^^

Then there's my savage boss on Bighorned, an entry from my savage custom list. The photo is really bad, but at least it shows the boss himself xD
    -Tales of an illimitate passion for greenskins-
    >My DeviantArt gallery<

Hi Thitanium !! ;-)

Great stuff you're presenting here. I can't to see progress on those BO
    My fantasy log : A lot of green against a feeble mind
    Models painted 2011= 45 / 2012 = 62 / 2013 = 67 / 2014 = 48 / 2015 = 22

Quote Originally Posted by Blutrache
    I'm pretty certain GW only meant Ao$ to make it easier for players to part with money rather than to make the game affordable to more.
    Quote Originally Posted by snottlebocket
    These finecast threads read like obituaries. They're just lists of models I'll never buy again.

They're rly awesome so much going on on those big models + conversions. I can imagine they will be a lot of fun to paint.
    looking forward to see some progress on them!
    My Ogre Marvel Heroes (Upd. Jul.28.15) , My O&Gs(Upd Aug.02.15), My Dwarfs,(Upd 3.26.16) My 40k plog () (Upd 3.26.16) , Paint-off , MichaelJames vs. Localicious
    Minies bought/painted-ratio 2014 - 149/70 .. am I the only one failing that ratio big time ? :P

Quote Originally Posted by azhagmorglum View Post
    Hi Thitanium !! ;-)

Great stuff you're presenting here. I can't to see progress on those BO
    Thanks mate I can't wait too

Quote Originally Posted by LocaLicious View Post
    They're rly awesome so much going on on those big models + conversions. I can imagine they will be a lot of fun to paint.
    looking forward to see some progress on them!
    Thanks localicious, I hope to be able to paint them soon ^^

Aaaand, let's post some more models
    Here's my version of mounted Wurrzag: since my big'uns savages are old metal savages on new boars, I decided to make the same conversion on da prophet, converting the boar to make a more static and imposing pose.

This is a hero on a chariot, the conversion is not completed, but it misses just few things.

And finally some not so clear photos of my savage shaman on tropical wyvern (aka cockatrice). I tried to paint the bird half of the monster like the Hoazin, so the blue around the eyes is not a poor OSL, but the actual color of the animal xD

Hope you like them ^^
    >My DeviantArt gallery<

Brother Sergeant

Looks very impressive so far! And as a fellow greenskin myself, I demand to see more!

Thanks I'll post more stuff soon ^^
    >My DeviantArt gallery<

I . Love. your. Conversions!

Seriously those Guys look so BADASS you could make a movie about them, I can only imagine how cool that army will look painted. Threads like that make me a little bit sad because I can`t look at this minis in person or even better meee them on the Battlefield.

I will follow your progress
    My OOP Dwarf Army

My Imperial Fists

The internet, where the men are men, the women are probably men, and the little girls are FBI agents.

Thanks sir, I REALLY appreciate your comment and the movie part deserves to be in my signature xD I hope you will like my further progress mate
    >My DeviantArt gallery<

Chapter Master Morglum Necksnapper's Avatar

Great conversions and colors of the skin and armour!

It's an honour to receive your appreciation Morglum, yours is one of the main three greenskin armies that inspired me the most!
    >My DeviantArt gallery<

There is a lot of really nice models in here. I look forward to seeing more.
    Current Campaigns: A World in Flames
    Old Campaigns: The Rise and Fall of Rhatep

Current Projects: Lizardmen 1500 Points
    Old Projects: Orcs & Goblins 5500 Points

Quote Originally Posted by quantumcollider View Post
    When my coffin is lowered into the dirt I will consider giving up Warhammer. Not before.

Oh this army is awesome. We've all thought about buying a big 40K warboss or a limited edition character model and converting it, but most of us have never got round to it. And in any case, which one of the many models out there would you choose? You just decided to do ALL of them. And then put them in one MASSIVE UNIT... WAAAAGH!!!

Nice orcs! Great conversions here, and I'm a huge fan of your cockatrice shaman. Really looks tropical wyvern's part.
    I paint Infinity. Aleph advises to take a look. Why wouldn't you listen? Aleph is your friend.
    I pained lizards once. Take a look if you please. (there were conversions!)

Wild stuff! Sooo many good conversions. Really solid work, thitanium_prince. You better make crazy trolls

Veteran Sergeant

Mental stuff all proper orcy like and such.

Looks really nice and I love all the chaotic look of the different models next to each other and cant wait to see the chariot finsihed.

KUTGW

Gornak/James

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast